Nitronik

OCA Whisper intrinsic benefits

The OCA Whisper, unlike the standard OCA or even the OCA SD, has always benefitted from a 0.8 crouch multiplier (1 on other OCAs) and a whooping 50m effective range (30m on other models)

While there's no justification to the range benefit (there's no reason an SMG should do full damage 50m out) - I would actually like to see all OCA benefit from the improved crouch modifier, but I'd understand if it were to go

both stats should probably go imo, but i guess it would be fine if the crouch modifier was normalized across all oca variants

• Like 1

These don't even come close to helping the weapon.

Sure they should probably be removed but it is not some huge PLEASE FIX thing.

• Like 1

Whisper is useless at 50m. (do the math on base accuracy vs hitbox size if you dont believe me)
Crouch modifier barely makes up for not being able to use cooling jacket, since staying crouched in cqc is a death sentence, and aiming at anything beyond 25m is just praying to RNGjesus.
If you give the crouch modifier to all OCAs / SMGs, then make the silencer an integrated one (purple mod) so you can use cooling jacket on the Whisper / Kris.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:38 AM, Nitronik said:

The OCA Whisper, unlike the standard OCA or even the OCA SD, has always benefitted from a 0.8 crouch multiplier (1 on other OCAs) and a whooping 50m effective range (30m on other models)

While there's no justification to the range benefit (there's no reason an SMG should do full damage 50m out) - I would actually like to see all OCA benefit from the improved crouch modifier, but I'd understand if it were to go

except its always had longer range ; if you look at the model it has a scope on it something most smgs do not have

How about we don't make the Whisper useless and say we didn't.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Beastie said we should ignore the removal of the crouch modifier, so it's bugged right now.

The regular OCA can equip Cooling Jacket almost for free, so, I'd say no. Otherwise there would be little point to the Whisper as others have pointed out.

2 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

The regular OCA can equip Cooling Jacket almost for free, so, I'd say no. Otherwise there would be little point to the Whisper as others have pointed out.

Agreed.