Eat it.

*grabs popcorn*

3 minutes ago, vsonyp0wer-xyz said:

Mad cause cant quickswitch?

Eat it.

*grabs popcorn*

You can still QS though?

7 hours ago, Tobii said:

No I mean that the shredder is basically the same. It's not OP.
they upped the ROF to prevent IR3 from making it too slow.
They also added 5 meters to it's effective range.
BUT. Due to the spread of the pellets, it's basically the same as before.. Maybe a little bit more consistent?

More play time will be required, but Shagwell tried it, and we versed it a bunch, a little change may have been all it needed to go to top tier.
4 hours ago, Keshi said:

ah i assume you are 1 of the few who lost your meta guns... time for a change m8.

You need to get out of your hole of ignorance.  Guess what, these changes and your perceived high ground over these people you're being toxic towards won't make you better at the game.

5 hours ago, Keshi said:

ah i assume you are 1 of the few who lost your meta guns... time for a change m8.

Who, me? Let's see. . . my most used guns are the Rabid, ALIG, COBR-A, FAR, and Manic. . . all very common and meta guns, right? Granted, the FAR and Manic are good, but far from common and not overly affected by this patch.

But let's look at some guns that are going to be majorly nerfed from this:
  1. SBSR Coroner
  2. ISSR-a
  3. Curse
  4. Strife (and honestly the Strife didn't get a buff this patch, in fact it honestly got nerfed.)
  5. ALIG
Sounds like the guns that needed nerfs, right?

8 hours ago, mynd said:

Jeez Kewlin, this tone is way out of character for you.

I can admit that the IR changes and a number of other changes seemed pretty rushed, but hey, they shook things up.  There's situations where there's no PRACTICAL difference using IR3 now vs before, but some things are better (Ursus) while others are worse (Temptress, LCR).

Shredder SEEMS op as fvck too while we're at it, but its only been a few hours.

Also, can we get some proper patch notes that properly outline everything that changed?

I mean. . . I don't know why you'd know what was in character for me, seeming as I don't really know you, but this is kinda' in character for me. . .

. . . like. . . laughably so.

And the issue is EXACTLY THAT, that the gun has arbitrary effects on each gun individually. The N-TEC and CR762 are just as good for example, while some guns like the Curse are going to be horribly affected by this.

8 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Doesn't it TTK go way up, making it worse in close range? I thought this is what everyone was whining about.
If you're happy with tap firing at 60 meters, what is the problem? That you can't both 0.7 ttk at short range AND snipe at the same time?

That's exactly the issue, the N-TEC got a HUGE indirect buff it did not need. I'm not in the "N-TEC is OP" camp, but this sure as Hell was not needed.

7 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Good to see you're not set on your initial opinion. I was gonna call bullshoot on your "IR3 was essential to many guns", because it isn't. It was just an essential straight upgrade to most of them - which needed to be fixed.

I do agree that launching the changes prematurely is a bit cocky, but it might finally give APB some freshness that it has been lacking for years.

I didn't say that though? I kinda' said the opposite. The fact that IR3 is almost essential on certain guns leads me to think range needs a major rework.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

"Yukon's firerate was fixed"

This was a good change, but now I feel the draw time should be reduced to make up for the extra ttk.
31 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
  I didn't say that though? I kinda' said the opposite. The fact that IR3 is almost essential on certain guns leads me to think range needs a major rework.
I think the issue is most weapons are too accurate outside their intended range. That's what made IR the goto red mod. CJ doesn't lower the ttk enough to be viable in most cases, and HB reduces damage which defeats the purpose on weapons with little to no overdamage or with fast bloom recovery. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

12 hours ago, Kewlin said:

You just put balance changes on live that ENTIRELY changes the meta of APB for the worse. The IR changes legit stupid as fuck: you put up a patch that was made and tested only just over a week, how much of a joke is that? And the IR changes were up less than a week on OTW. IR3 was essential to many guns, and the new downside effects guns each entirely differently, essentially arbitrarily nerfing at least half of the guns in the game regardless of if they needed nerfs or not. You just flat out nerfed the range of most guns in the game on a whim.

If you actually think this patch made any sense then you really need to. . . IDK. . . sit back and play APB a few more years? I had a lot of faith in you LO, but boy oh boy did you let me down this month.

This legitimately is potentially the worst patch in APB history.

Oh, and P.S., I like the new netcode that makes the game unplayable.

hi guys I didn't test anything at all OR tested and didn't give feedback and now I'm complaining on the forums about it because they only used the feedback people actually gave and didn't read my mind about the changes I thought were good

1 minute ago, loooother said:
hi guys I didn't test anything at all OR tested and didn't give feedback and now I'm complaining on the forums about it because they only used the feedback people actually gave and didn't read my mind about the changes I thought were good
hi guys i dont know if this person tested or gave feedback and now im complaining on the forums about it 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
3 minutes ago, loooother said:
hi guys i dont know if this person tested or gave feedback and now im complaining on the forums about it 
clearly they didn't test or give feedback if they're just now giving "feedback" after the patch was already pushed live

3 minutes ago, loooother said:

clearly they didn't test or give feedback if they're just now giving "feedback" after the patch was already pushed live

He did both actually. 
And just like you or I, he is entitled to his opinion. 

6 minutes ago, loooother said:
2 minutes ago, loooother said:

How about I did a bunch of testing and gave as much or more feedback than anyone else, but it doesn't matter because LO didn't listen to anyone's feedback as far as I can tell.

Either way, there's nothing wrong with giving feedback once something goes live, lol. It's not like once something goes live LO is morally obligated to never revert anything or touch it up.

21 minutes ago, loooother said:

I'm sure you gave "feedback" which included childishly writing on the forums "you broke my favorite gun!! you're really stupid!!" people are more likely to listen to someone that, for example, takes time to write up a document about the changes in a professional way than insulting them. Nevertheless it doesn't surprise me you still would do this. large xd

Yeah I'm getting pretty tired of people using the whole toxic, "wahhh crutch/favorite/op/meta gun nerfed wahhhh so complain wahhh," accusatory comments when that usually isn't EVER the case.

7 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

So the meta shifted a bit. So what?
I am super happy that there's finally something new to learn in APB.

It's okay, the silvers will cry for a bit while the good players learn to play with the new stats, and then copy whatever they do.

Something new to learn.
You mean learning how to counter the new CSG and N-TEC in every single mission?

lol @ ppl thinking the meta has changed because of the IR changes

yeah, we'll be seeing fewer CR762s and carbines, but the OBIR/HVR/N-TEC are still gonna be in the meta, stop being delusional and thinking any of the meta guns have been dismantled when this patch did nothing to address the majority of them.

carbine main here btw, don't really care for the loss of IR because i never used it anyway b4 someone calls me a crybabby N-TEC user.
Edited by Similarities

17 minutes ago, Similarities said:

lol @ ppl thinking the meta has changed because of the IR changes

yeah, we'll be seeing fewer CR762s and carbines, but the OBIR/HVR/N-TEC are still gonna be in the meta, stop being delusional and thinking any of the meta guns have been dismantled when this patch did nothing to address the majority of them.

carbine main here btw, don't really care for the loss of IR because i never used it anyway b4 someone calls me a crybabby N-TEC user.

If anything the N-TEC and CR762 have been buffed relative to everything else TBH.

And sure, the game's going to be playable, but we're going to be seeing 95% of all missions decided by the HVR, N-TEC, CR-762, and CSG users.

13 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

And sure, the game's going to be playable, but we're going to be seeing 95% of all missions decided by the HVR, N-TEC, CR-762, and CSG users.

So....mostly the same?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
26 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

So....mostly the same?

No, because the N-TEC, CR762, and CSG are going to be far stronger than before TBH, and most other guns are going to have more difficulty competing past 50m now. Edited by Kewlin
Minor Grammar

Just now, Kewlin said:

No, because the N-TEC, CR762, and CSG are going to be far stronger than before TBH, and most other guns are going to have more difficulty competing past 50m now.
Ok. thank you. I was only able to test some of the guns so I had to ask.

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:
But let's look at some guns that are going to be majorly nerfed from this:
  1. Strife (and honestly the Strife didn't get a buff this patch, in fact it honestly got nerfed.)
Thank you for mentioning the Strife. I was stoked for the shotgun patch hoping my Strife would get buffed but now it got nerfed without actually getting buffed when it probably needed a very slight buff more than anything. I dun got played
Time for tears, beers, and binging Kansas Wayward Son until my pains go away

20 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

No, because the N-TEC, CR762, and CSG are going to be far stronger than before TBH, and most other guns are going to have more difficulty competing past 50m now.
This is what your brain looks like on APB kids. Seriously, you're going to make that case. A bunch of other guns have been buffed with this patch so it's not nearly as relevant a point anymore, yes you'll still have N-TECs, CR762's and CSG's but you have a lot of other things going on now that weren't happening before. Firstly, the Misery is actually a really decent weapon now and I'd definitely say almost competes on equal footing to the N-TEC 5, you've also got things like the ISSR-A now which is pretty decent, the Anubis is much better etc. 

I don't see why you're developing an aneurysm in your brain over the balance patch, my theory is that you got on got killed a bunch of times and that was confirmation of your biases that N-TEC is too strong. I find this balance to be much more enjoyable than it was before the balance pass. 

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:
the Misery is actually a really decent weapon now and I'd definitely say almost competes on equal footing to the N-TEC 5

Yeah, it's way better now, but it's very far from being a N-TEC competitor. The N-TEC will outgun it all the time.

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:
This is what your brain looks like on APB kids. Seriously, you're going to make that case. A bunch of other guns have been buffed with this patch so it's not nearly as relevant a point anymore, yes you'll still have N-TECs, CR762's and CSG's but you have a lot of other things going on now that weren't happening before. Firstly, the Misery is actually a really decent weapon now and I'd definitely say almost competes on equal footing to the N-TEC 5, you've also got things like the ISSR-A now which is pretty decent, the Anubis is much better etc. 

I don't see why you're developing an aneurysm in your brain over the balance patch, my theory is that you got on got killed a bunch of times and that was confirmation of your biases that N-TEC is too strong. I find this balance to be much more enjoyable than it was before the balance pass. 
Even with their buffs, the Misery, ISSR-A, and  Anubis are all still decidedly sub-meta. 
Fun to use, good for lolz, but not competitive. 

4 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

I'm aware of all of the other buffs, but honestly they're mostly pointless TBH, 'cause they're still not really competitors. Sure, there are lots of guns that are viable, and as I said before APB will still be playable, but IMO, even as someone who used and loved the COBR-A and Misery before these patches, I think APB is in a worse state than before these patches. Basically, as I see it, the guns that got buffed still aren't really all that good, many of the best guns in the game (the HVR and OCA being exceptions) got buffed, and a large percentage of the other guns got nerfed. . . and that doesn't really sounds like a good thing to me.

And can we please, for the love of all that's good, stop throwing dumb baseless accusations at me? It just makes all of you look like idiots.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, in case anyone forgot, that LO_Beastie said these changes were going to concentrate on buffing weapons rather than nerfing them, but instead we got one of the most used mods in APB nerfed.
On 8/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, LO_Beastie said:

This patch focuses on positive improvements to weapons rather than reductions in their efficiency (with the exception of the HVR-762, which we needed to look at sooner rather than later). We'll be looking into making further tweaks in later patches, likely including reductions in power of several weapons.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
I'm aware of all of the other buffs, but honestly they're mostly pointless TBH, 'cause they're still not really competitors. Sure, there are lots of guns that are viable, and as I said before APB will still be playable, but IMO, even as someone who used and loved the COBR-A and Misery before these patches, I think APB is in a worse state than before these patches. Basically, as I see it, the guns that got buffed still aren't really all that good, many of the best guns in the game (the HVR and OCA being exceptions) got buffed, and a large percentage of the other guns got nerfed. . . and that doesn't really sounds like a good thing to me.

And can we please, for the love of all that's good, stop throwing dumb baseless accusations at me? It just makes all of you look like idiots.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, in case anyone forgot, that LO_Beastie said these changes were going to concentrate on buffing weapons rather than nerfing them, but instead we got one of the most used mods in APB nerfed.
Then there is something wrong with you dude, if you think the game is in a worse position now than before the balance pass then I don't know what to say. I'm actually enjoying myself more now than I was and that's not because I'm using shotguns or N-TEC in-fact I've been using stuff like Misery, Anubis since the server came back up and I definitely feel as though I'm doing much better respectively than I would have previously. 

Yes one of the most used red mods in the game got nerfed and so what..? Good. If it falls out of meta I'm glad. I'm not going to be losing sleep tonight because some people just can't get over the changes to IR, in my opinion it's probably deserved if they've grown so accustomed to it. I'm not a fan of the way IR is right now, in fact I'd of kept it the way it was originally with the 21% firerate nerf and original range benefits if I had it my way. It's not some baseless assumption either, you literally created this thread 20 minutes after the server came back up, so I know for a fact you haven't given the balance pass an actual decent try. 

You stick to this thread voicing out your grievances and I think it's sad that people in this thread are simply pandering to your neuroticism like you actually made this thread in good faith, your entire first post and some other posts you've made in this thread are insults directed at LO. Please stop acting like anything you have to say on the matter is made in good faith, because you could've said any number of things to voice your criticisms and instead you went straight to insults, which is why I'm willing to discount most of what you've said. It wasn't even this thread it was also the posts you made in the balance pass threads too. 

So... anyone think its a good idea to meet up in gold district and go wild to test the new changes more accurately?
It's kind of like OTW without OTW