Hexerin

Why is player movement still client-side?

21 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:
i get 600ms from the middle east. does that mean we can do this already

i wanna see my character moving with 6 second delays. 😄

LO, requesting ping locked districts.

21 hours ago, Aeronaut said:
21 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:
i get 600ms from the middle east. does that mean we can do this already

i wanna see my character moving with 6 second delays. 😄
shouldnt you be playing on citadel then?
no.

dont want to deal with foreigners. blame the government if u wanna fite about my ping

Just so you know this player teleporting bug with the sliding car thing was introduced in one of the patches in 2015. It wasn't always like this.

Moving to full server sided player movement *Shudders* isn't fixing the problem that caused this.

Edited by Shini

1 minute ago, Shini said:

Just so you know this player teleporting bug with the sliding car thing was introduced in one of the patches in 2015. It wasn't always like this.

Moving to server sided player movement *Shudders* isn't fixing the problem that caused this.

easy fix would just be to re-allow players to be run over by their own cars imo

38 minutes ago, Shini said:

Moving to full server sided player movement *Shudders* isn't fixing the problem that caused this.

It's one of the most hilarious and annoying 'features' in the game right now.

7 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

pretty sure this is not the case for APB. The server just predicts with the current movement where a character goes, And the client even executes this, (remember when you get a dc and chars keep walkign into the air?) but the movement itself is not serversided (which would mena movement happens after server cofirms it) All the server does is forwarding the clients movement input. thats why we see lags, because the sudden change of a players movement gets forwarded with a bit of dely (especially when servers are laggy and then the servers information to you needs to correct the inaccurate position. thats why the stupid WASD dancing exists and creates what it does. if the game were truly serversided WASD dancing would be rather worthless.
That's not how it works, the client is not authoritative, your guessing using what you believe is the way the game works does not change the reality of how it works. Unreal's networking is not a mystery, large portions of the engine code are public, there is nothing to debate.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Triksterism said:
It's one of the most hilarious and annoying 'features' in the game right now.

Working as intended.