Crunk

So I had this crazy idea.

New Legendary  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should I put in a suggestion for a new legendary weapon with a unique modification that stops enemies from sprinting for a limited amount of time based on HP when shot- Numbers only count for how much OTHER weapons have tagged someone, and it only works ONCE per person you shoot. (as in it won't slow down someone you shoot who has full HP, but if they have say 90% HP, it stops sprinting for .9 seconds, 40% HP, it stops them from sprinting for .4 seconds, 10% HP .1 seconds)?

• Yes
    • No

Disclaimer: This is not a suggestion, this is a poorly entertained idea that the community can/should toy with and debate in my opinion. I would not suggest this idea ever be implemented into the game, I just find an interest in the hypotheticals.

So, this is a serious post, not joking at all, and I do understand that this would ruin certain mods that are already in the game. This idea of mine would change the entire game as we know it, and even myself I'm unsure about it, but would be interesting to test in our heads and see. So here goes this idea.

Damage staggering/slow downs.
If you've ever played Counter Strike you know what I'm talking about. In a different post I saw some stuff where people were talking about how our hitboxes and registry were a big problem. But if weapon damage slowed people down just like LTL damage, wouldn't that be less load on the server to calculate your scan hits, and at least eliminate some of the ghost shots? Also it makes sense, people can't sprint with bullets in their chest, gut, legs, etc.

Tell me what your thoughts are, why this idea sucks (though I've already thought of quite a few reasons), if you like the idea, or at least have an interest in the thought. Lemme know!

Edit:
Reasons I've thought of that make this a bad idea (still have an interest in it though)
-Would make the game slower paced, and would make CQC over-powered
-Would require a rework to reticule systems to negate most (but not all) of the negative points here
-Would destroy mods like Epinephrine Injector, Kevlar, and Fragile
-Would make getting out of a vehicle near any enemies a suicide mission
-Would give Aimbotters MORE power
-Current hitboxes (Cylinder around your character) would make this feature extremely over-powered
-The values of damage that cause slowdowns would be a huge headache debate.
-Would make the game even LESS new user friendly.

|AxeTurboAgresor said:
"At the begining I was very pesimistic about this idea, cuz of imagining how much it would actualy break some weapon. In second thought, this would fix some weapons if it was a weapon modification.
I think this would be a nice Red modification for the weapons. Even if the hit stopped a player from sprinting even for a split of second, or if it instantly slowed the player down to 300cm/s for 0s, in cost of increased recoil.
Mod called "Manstopper". For real. Manstopper is term used in real life. Now players would think if they use IR, CJ or Manstopper for their N-Tec or OCA."|

^ I like the Manstopper addition to the idea. I do see the flaws in how "fair" a mod like that could be though, considering, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't be negated by the suggestion that it just stop sprinting for lower than a second, as you already can't sprint while shooting anyways.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you hate me, and this entire post, and want to make me vanish from existence right now, see this:

Edited by BlitzKitty
Adding list of negatives/disclaimer/adding good user thoughts
  • Like 3

Can't wait to be an actual cripple after getting tagged by an HVR then.

Jokes aside, this system works in CS because in most cases a player stands completely still to shoot accurately, APB is much more fast paced when it comes to shooting, especially in CQC so I don't think a system like this would work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Jokes aside, this system works in CS because in most cases a player stands completely still to shoot accurately, APB is much more fast paced when it comes to shooting, especially in CQC so I don't think a system like this would work.

One of many reasons this idea sucks, except it would actually compliment the upcoming HVR change anyways...
Maybe I should add the list of reasons this idea sucks (that I've thought of) to the OP

Edit: I added the list. Edited by BlitzKitty

This type of gameplay would only become annoying in APB. It's a strategically fast paced game, a slowing down mechanic really would become frustrating and damage the original feel of the game.

BTW, we have an appropriate forum section for suggestions.

3 minutes ago, Nessie said:

True... what we dont have, however, are mods.
hzH4aE9.gif Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

This type of gameplay would only become annoying in APB. It's a strategically fast paced game, a slowing down mechanic really would become frustrating and damage the original feel of the game.

This isn't a suggestion yet, I'm not crazy enough to post a suggestion I myself am not sure of, nor something that the community would not want, in the suggestion box.
That's what caused Threat Segregation.

41 minutes ago, Frosi said:

As if getting crowd controlled for like 20 seconds wasn't enough. Now you actually get to hobble to your corner to hide. 

Soon we will be asking for diminishing returns on crowd control stagger effects. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
As if getting crow controlled for like 20 seconds wasn't enough. Now you actually get to hobble to your corner to hide. 

Soon we will be asking for diminishing returns on crowd control stagger effects.
this made me laugh soda out of my nose. BUT I have to ask, wouldn't it be great if the HVR that hobbled you with one shot, had trouble running to cover while you're steadily shooting it with an N-Tec or CR762? ;)

At the begining I was very pesimistic about this idea, cuz of imagining how much it would actualy break some weapon. In second thought, this would fix some weapons if it was a weapon modification.
I think this would be a nice Red modification for the weapons. Even if the hit stopped a player from sprinting even for a split of second, or if it instantly slowed the player down to 300cm/s for 0s, in cost of increased recoil.
Mod called "Manstopper". For real. Manstopper is term used in real life. Now players would think if they use IR, CJ or Manstopper for their N-Tec or OCA.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

At the begining I was very pesimistic about this idea, cuz of imagining how much it would actualy break some weapon. In second thought, this would fix some weapons if it was a weapon modification.
I think this would be a nice Red modification for the weapons. Even if the hit stopped a player from sprinting even for a split of second, or if it instantly slowed the player down to 300cm/s for 0s, while increasing weapon recoil.
Mod called "Manstopper". For real. Manstopper is term used in real life. Now players would think if they use IR, CJ or this for their N-Tec or OCA.

I love this. Now we're getting somewhere, turning the idea into a suggestion possibly

but seriously any mechanic possible added that makes gameplay slower in anyway is inherently shit will always be shit and is detrimental to the game. if you want slow sluggish boring shit gameplay go to gta 

Speed and easy fluid precise movement is one of the main things that sets APB apart from other games.  Lets not ruin that please?  I want the game to improve, but without sacrificing the great feel it already has.  Character movement is damn near perfect as-is and I don't want to get slowed down by getting shot.  Anyone remember back when the old creative director Mok asked us what we thought about a sprint meter, and it was shot down harder than anything ever suggested by a dev?  I actually felt kinda bad for him despite how bad of an idea it was.  I'm just glad he asked before they went ahead and did it with no warning like they normally would.  I wouldn't mind if we got animations of our characters flinching whenever we get hit though.  That was a thing with the RTW beta if I remember correctly, but it was pretty broken and if you get sprayed with something that has a high fire rate your character pretty much snapped their spine from bending so far.

Edit: Proof that the man himself is actually reading suggestions 🙂
SL6tQjW.png?1

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Speed and easy fluid precise movement is one of the main things that sets APB apart from other games.  Lets not ruin that please?  I want the game to improve, but without sacrificing the great feel it already has.  Character movement is damn near perfect as-is and I don't want to get slowed down by getting shot.  Anyone remember back when the old creative director Mok asked us what we thought about a sprint meter, and it was shot down harder than anything ever suggested by a dev?  I actually felt kinda bad for him despite how bad of an idea it was.  I'm just glad he asked before they went ahead and did it with no warning like they normally would.  I wouldn't mind if we got animations of our characters flinching whenever we get hit though.  That was a thing with the RTW beta if I remember correctly, but it was pretty broken and if you get sprayed with something that has a high fire rate your character pretty much snapped their spine from bending so far.

Edit: Proof that the man himself is actually reading suggestions 🙂
SL6tQjW.png?1

I really wish ya'll would quit calling this a suggestion, it's an idea to debate about, it's a post for the community to add to, I'm managing it, and taking into account all the good and bad, it won't be a suggestion unless we all figure out what it should be, if anything. I liked the idea of it possibly becoming a modification (heck maybe a legendary weapon mod tbh) but people need to lighten up and just say things they don't like or like about it, I'll add a poll if it even gets to the point of being a suggestion, but untill then read the disclaimer, and understand I'm not out to ruin the game, just to make the community toss around an idea. It's therapeutic and helps us all get to know eachother. I'm Kat BTW, nice to meet you.

No. No No and no. Your handicapping the losing player and especially in a game this fast-paced that would just be dumb. Second of all this game is all about movement and fluidity of it. Unlike CS and GTA 5 this game has a good movement system where it works great with the game and easy to understand but then kinda hard to master because you have to have really good precision. Don't turn APB into GTA or CS or PUBG. We don't need another carbon copy FPS game. The reason we all play APB is because of its uniqueness and that is why we like it.

2 hours ago, BlitzKitty said:

Disclaimer: This is not a suggestion, this is a poorly entertained idea that the community can/should toy with and debate in my opinion. I would not suggest this idea ever be implemented into the game, I just find an interest in the hypotheticals.

So, this is a serious post, not joking at all, and I do understand that this would ruin certain mods that are already in the game. This idea of mine would change the entire game as we know it, and even myself I'm unsure about it, but would be interesting to test and see. So here goes this idea.

Damage staggering/slow downs.
If you've ever played Counter Strike you know what I'm talking about. In a different post I saw some stuff where people were talking about how our hitboxes and registry were a big problem. But if weapon damage slowed people down just like LTL damage, wouldn't that be less load on the server to calculate your scan hits, and at least eliminate some of the ghost shots? Also it makes sense, people can't sprint with bullets in their chest, gut, legs, etc.

Tell me what your thoughts are, why this idea sucks (though I've already thought of quite a few reasons), if you like the idea, or at least have an interest in the thought. Lemme know!

Edit:
Reasons I've thought of that make this a bad idea (still have an interest in it though)
-Would make the game slower paced, and would make CQC over-powered
-Would require a rework to reticule systems to negate most (but not all) of the negative points here
-Would destroy mods like Epinephrine Injector, Kevlar, and Fragile
-Would make getting out of a vehicle near any enemies a suicide mission
-Would give Aimbotters MORE power
-Current hitboxes (Cylinder around your character) would make this feature extremely over-powered
-The values of damage that cause slowdowns would be a huge headache debate.
-Would make the game even LESS new user friendly.

|AxeTurboAgresor said:
"At the begining I was very pesimistic about this idea, cuz of imagining how much it would actualy break some weapon. In second thought, this would fix some weapons if it was a weapon modification.
Mod called "Manstopper". For real. Manstopper is term used in real life. Now players would think if they use IR, CJ or Manstopper for their N-Tec or OCA."|

^ I like the Manstopper addition to the idea.

11 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:

No. No No and no. Your handicapping the losing player and especially in a game this fast-paced that would just be dumb. Second of all this game is all about movement and fluidity of it. Unlike CS and GTA 5 this game has a good movement system where it works great with the game and easy to understand but then kinda hard to master because you have to have really good precision. Don't turn APB into GTA or CS or PUBG. We don't need another carbon copy FPS game. The reason we all play APB is because of its uniqueness and that is why we like it.

Do you have anything to add to the table? because at this point we're repetitively stating obvious facts.
A simple "I don't like this idea" or adding something constructive to the post would be much more worth yours and everyone else's time.
I'll just add you to the pile of "no thank you"s (we're at 6)

Also on the handicapping of a losing player, something like this would solve the issue of peek shooting and make the game more well rounded when it comes to compromising your own position, this is one of the only pros to this idea, and this isn't advantageous to any party, so I don't understand that statement. Edited by BlitzKitty

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

@mootscoot
pls delet thiz thred
iz turrible idear
-kommunitee

I second this motion.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

@mootscoot
pls delet thiz thred
iz turrible idear
-kommunitee

I second this motion.
Geez, you guys are toxic.
  • Like 2

that’s gonna be a no from me dawg

instantly makes any firefight 100% in favor of whoever gets the first shot off

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s gonna be a no from me dawg

instantly makes any firefight 100% in favor of whoever gets the first shot off

but this would be based on player health, not weapon shots or damage done by the weapon.

2 minutes ago, BlitzKitty said:
but this would be based on player health, not weapon shots or damage done by the weapon.
there won’t be anymore clutching a kill at 1% hp because you’ll be a sitting duck - hit someone with an hvr in cqc and they won’t even be able to run away or fight back effectively

tbh if ltl wasn’t already so underpowered i’d want the low stamina effect removed from that as well