Sign in to follow this  
randomguy343

Regarding the new anti cheat..

Posted (edited)

I just want to know, is the SARD anti cheat completely removed if i were to uninstall APB?? I have yet to update the game as my folders still have EAC in them, but idk.. Currently i just have mixed feelings considering the anti cheat already seems bypassed while giving access to my pc if i were to update it... Idk how i feel about another kernel anti cheat being on my pc when it probably doesn't really work for the game it's attached to.. 

I don't want this kernel level anti cheat to linger around when APB isn't installed... I have 1 other game currently that uses gameguard, but atleast that's removed if i were to uninstall that game... I want to jump in and try the new stuff but like i said, i'm just split right now... Because as much as want to jump back into, i just dont see myself getting another kernel level anti cheat on my pc if the anti cheat doesn't properly work while it gives access to my pc to the people behind that anti cheat... Does someone here have experience with any of this? 

Edited by randomguy343
  • Like 3

Yes we need to know this devs please explain. If we delete apb will SARD also be deleted ? If not how can we delete thanks.

Posted (edited)

I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting till they have Linux support. I hope they allow GE-Proton, because Steam's latest proton didn't run that great, and the Steam login was broken.

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BlatMan said:

I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting till they have Linux support. I hope they allow GE-Proton, because Steam's latest proton didn't run that great, and the Steam login was broken.

To me it's more like i don't know enough about this anti cheat to "trust" it on my device.. I've never heard of this SARD anti cheat before, i don't know any of the games they have on their website except silkroad... Why should i give people behind the anti cheat access to my entire pc just to play APB? Especially when the anti cheat already seems breached and people still out there cheating/hacking their nuts off according to what others have said in various different places.. But if were to update my game right now to this SARD anti cheat, can the company behind it or someone else guarantee me that the anti cheat will also be completely removed if i were to uninstall APB?? Instead of it still being around when APB isn't on my device.. 

Maybe that i'm just making up stuff for nothing, idk.. But i just want to know more other than what their website states (Which is also what the devs posted on the forums here).. I've asked in several places but still have no definitive answer to any of it... And sure, maybe i am a hypocrite since i have gameguard on my pc as that's also kernel and considered to be shady, but still.. And as bad as EAC was (Considering using a free version for APB doesn't really work), at least i'm more aware about it and what it does/do..

Edited by randomguy343
typo

For me, I don't like having extra stuff running that's not needed. It's another driver that can break my PC if it gets a bad update. I work in IT. I had to manually delete that Crowdstrike driver file on company servers. At least it was only a few hundred, and I got paid for it.

• Like 1

SARD was created by Innova, the same company that used to run the russian APB:R back in the day.

So whatever they bring, the russians already know it.

Its not on or it's just as useless as eac.

So because nothing has changed, Im gonna get my Mack on

There are well known cheaters, people who have literally posted videos of themselves cheating, still playing on their same max rank accounts. if there was just anyone who actually played the game moderating then these people would be banned.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wywv said:

There are well known cheaters, people who have literally posted videos of themselves cheating, still playing on their same max rank accounts. if there was just anyone who actually played the game moderating then these people would be banned.

But we can't have that now do we, no.. We rather have some kernel level anti cheat that does absolutely nothing, the only thing that it does is giving away access to your pc through a backdoor that will harm your system if abused by bad actors....

As long as devs aren't pulling their heads out of their patootie and actually start banning people, this game will never actually recover... Yes the game did gain a increase in players according to steam charts, but those numbers will dip again sooner than later.. Give it a few weeks to a month and that playercount is back again to what it has been for years by now...

I've uninstalled anyway and will probably not come back unless they ditched SARD and get ingame moderators who ACTUALLY ban cheaters... But seeing as how that isn't going to happen, i will probably just call it quits and retire like i've said i would.. It's been a good run, but after 10 years i just can't anymore... I'll take all the money and years that i've spend on this game as my own L..

30 minutes ago, randomguy343 said:
43 minutes ago, wywv said:

31 minutes ago, randomguy343 said:

As long as devs aren't pulling their heads out of their patootie and actually start banning people, this game will never actually recover

Well its obvious they don't care, they sit in their tower and watch all the trolls and chat violations, watch the hackers hack.

So they know whats going on, and Won't do anything about it.  So I'm just gonna sit back and watch it burn. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Well its obvious they don't care, they sit in their tower and watch all the trolls and chat violations, watch the hackers hack.

So they know whats going on, and Won't do anything about it.  So I'm just gonna sit back and watch it burn. 

i mean.. LO is a company. i'm pretty sure their main concern is making money. i'm guessing keeping around a team of moderators would cost too much for it to be worth it.

On 8/18/2024 at 5:34 AM, BlatMan said:

I hope they allow GE-Proton

ha!

we, linux enthusiasts, are so minor - we don't deserve any attention. we are the just a white noise.

2 hours ago, wywv said:

team of moderators would cost

You do have a point. From what I've heard, The GM's aren't paid. 

They are volunteers.

They should be Paid, and or well compensated for their time. 

I want to add in here that I think Maglo is doing a excellent job. 

This one is finishing allot of work the last dev did. 

They have laid off that one dev and Maglo is busy helping the dev team. 

And with the spike in pop I can see there are way too many people for any one 

GM to watch. and I might add that with such a large increase in work load, that;

They are being spread very thin, and the reason I don't see them is because they are 

either busy elsewhere or staying invisible in district, so they can catch the bigger fish.

They need more in game GM's and they need to PAY them.

Well, i was in the twitch stream (A bit too late as i have to take care of 4 dogs here while my parents are on vaction, while also going to the supermarket to get food and such) but i did ask about whenever the anti cheat was to stay on my pc if i were to uninstall the game or not.. My question sadly didn't get through, so i'm hoping to for another ama anytime soon or something else... As i still want a clear answer on it.

9 hours ago, kidi said:

ha!

we, linux enthusiasts, are so minor - we don't deserve any attention. we are the just a white noise.

You are like the Vegans of APB 😄

I would like to bring up another question regarding SARD... 

Is the data that SARD gathers being sent to little orbit first or the armenian company? Does SARD only give pc access through its kernel level backdoor to little orbit or the company behind SARD as well?