ClubRoxy

[GAME] Gold Threat Kick Option

I don't know if it is possible or not, but what I noticed in APB is that a lot of people derank so they can join a bronze server. Then they start playing better again. Because of this there are a lot of Gold people in bronze district. The matchmaking is already not that fun. Like today 5 against 4 people with no option to call backup. Just because we where 4 Silvers and they had 3 Silvers, a Bronze and a gold. That played 19 against 1. 

Now is my suggestion: Is it possible to auto kick people after they are to high ranked for that server. For example. You are in a bronze district and you get gold threat. Then you can play 2 more matches in that district. Are you still gold at that moment. You will be switched from a bronzie district to a Silver district. 

EDIT:

Or make it that Bronze can only join bronze and up, Silver can only join Silver district and up etc.

Edited by ClubRoxy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Let's say you're borderline gold/silver for real (not a dethreater). You are not good enough for silver district. But slightly too good for bronze district. You play in bronze, hit gold, get forced over to silver. You play in silver, hit silver, and go back to bronze. Repeat. Sounds real fun.

Instead of a band aid like this which does help somewhat Little Orbit is already looking into fixing the threat or even a complete rework on this and other core parts of APB

It will take some time for them to fix things from the spaghetti coding APB  has.

I believe this was mentioned in the recent road map post MattScott made
If not then I know it was mentioned by Little Orbit somewhere.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Let's say you're borderline gold/silver for real (not a dethreater). You are not good enough for silver district. But slightly too good for bronze district. You play in bronze, hit gold, get forced over to silver. You play in silver, hit silver, and go back to bronze. Repeat. Sounds real fun.

this is me.... im a terrible against golds, but in bronzies, i kick people patootie easily, i NEVER dethreath, and i see those players with a really bad eyes, i usually dont kill them, or if they suicide, i make sure they kill me with their nades/explosions, so they have dificult to lose their gold.

Now i saw some players like me, they are very good silvers, but they lack on skill in gold. Whats our fault? We gonna be kicked to get to your district after 2 missions on gold? no sense.

The only solution to this is really penalize dethreaths players and make a more reasonable threath ranks... or atleast make low silvers into bronze, silvers and low golds into silver. And keep real Golds in their area. Idk its really complicated, mainly when we are talking in 700 players daily on citadel.. we are outnumbered to play. i guess 

On 7/12/2018 at 2:14 PM, ClubRoxy said:

I don't know if it is possible or not, but what I noticed in APB is that a lot of people derank so they can join a bronze server. Then they start playing better again. Because of this there are a lot of Gold people in bronze district. The matchmaking is already not that fun. Like today 5 against 4 people with no option to call backup. Just because we where 4 Silvers and they had 3 Silvers, a Bronze and a gold. That played 19 against 1. 

Now is my suggestion: Is it possible to auto kick people after they are to high ranked for that server. For example. You are in a bronze district and you get gold threat. Then you can play 2 more matches in that district. Are you still gold at that moment. You will be switched from a bronzie district to a Silver district. 

EDIT:

Or make it that Bronze can only join bronze and up, Silver can only join Silver district and up etc.

Please stop request suggestions! this game will never change.

jesus christ ! ! !

no "2 more matches" - when player gets gold threat must be kick from the bronze district automatically..thing is dat LO said they will look 4 matchmaking solutions after 3.5 untill then nothing (o dou theres a lot of simple things dat can be done right now,im tired to post it)

Agree. This is a great idea to lose more players. yaaaay :classic_rolleyes:

On 7/23/2018 at 11:29 AM, rrE said:

Agree. This is a great idea to lose more players. yaaaay :classic_rolleyes:

I personally don't think it will lose any players this way. I think, if they fix the matchmaking and make it so people with the same skill level will be in the same server. It will be beter for new players to join as well for other older players to play against people with the same skills and give them a way to improve. 

I started testing something with a complete new account. Bronze server T rank. What I noticed is that people who I matched up with didn't want to play with a T and either teamkilled to get kicked or just leave when there is no enemy yet. Then when there are enemies. I get queued agains max rank gold players or just very high ranks in general. While I get ranked with a other T or a beginner player. As a new player my impression would be to never play this game again, just the way you get treated as a T. 

So how to lose players? Well the way it is now. You will definitely lose players.

Yes. I know this way is not the only thing it would fix and there is also a ps. That said: Or make it that Bronze can only join bronze and up, Silver can only join Silver district and up etc. So there is not one option. And with a little matchmaking fix & maybe rework with the treaths at the moment. The game will be more playable. 

On 7/24/2018 at 4:01 AM, ClubRoxy said:
I personally don't think it will lose any players this way. I think, if they fix the matchmaking and make it so people with the same skill level will be in the same server. It will be beter for new players to join as well for other older players to play against people with the same skills and give them a way to improve. 

I started testing something with a complete new account. Bronze server T rank. What I noticed is that people who I matched up with didn't want to play with a T and either teamkilled to get kicked or just leave when there is no enemy yet. Then when there are enemies. I get queued agains max rank gold players or just very high ranks in general. While I get ranked with a other T or a beginner player. As a new player my impression would be to never play this game again, just the way you get treated as a T. 

So how to lose players? Well the way it is now. You will definitely lose players.

Yes. I know this way is not the only thing it would fix and there is also a ps. That said: Or make it that Bronze can only join bronze and up, Silver can only join Silver district and up etc. So there is not one option. And with a little matchmaking fix & maybe rework with the treaths at the moment. The game will be more playable. 
The segregation caused a massive amount of players to leave actually
Its why APB players numbers are so low compared to how they used to be

I think cross district matchmaking is planned for after 3.5.
Sucks but until then, there really isnt an easy solution. 

untitled133.jpg

Meanwhile at bronze server - really ... is any difference between instances now? Edited by Ashika

On 7/12/2018 at 8:14 AM, ClubRoxy said:

EDIT:

kicking people from district because they are having a good run isnt ideal imo

preferably threat should change far slower than it does now, and afaik there's going to be district phasing come ue 3.5 which will totally change matchmaking (hopefully)

I guess I'm the only one who's OK with getting placed against high skilled players no matter what my skill is.

They need to bring back the tutorial district. That went a long way with helping out players get a grip of the game's mechanics before joining the real action.

TBH, I think instead of this they should severely nerf rewards for Gold players playing in Bronze districts. i'm not talking the small amount for golds joining a Silver district or Silvers joining Bronze, but like -- golds joining bronze districts get 75-80% reduces rewards per kill / arrest, as well as on mission finish.

This wouldn't STOP the problem ENTIRELY, especially for people who are gold but not really good enough to play against most other golds (like me lol), but it would make people have to think a serious minute about actually joining it. Added bonuses for joining districts above your rank: if you're bronze and join a Gold district, maybe you can get 75-80% more money and rep per kill / mission? People would still dethreat, but they'd probably dethreat with the purpose of going back in to a high rank district again.

The whole system needs reworking, but I think forcing people out outright could cause some problems with people being forced to split up from friends and could really piss people off.

7 hours ago, Mightyena said:

TBH, I think instead of this they should severely nerf rewards for Gold players playing in Bronze districts. i'm not talking the small amount for golds joining a Silver district or Silvers joining Bronze, but like -- golds joining bronze districts get 75-80% reduces rewards per kill / arrest, as well as on mission finish.

This wouldn't STOP the problem ENTIRELY, especially for people who are gold but not really good enough to play against most other golds (like me lol), but it would make people have to think a serious minute about actually joining it. Added bonuses for joining districts above your rank: if you're bronze and join a Gold district, maybe you can get 75-80% more money and rep per kill / mission? People would still dethreat, but they'd probably dethreat with the purpose of going back in to a high rank district again.

The whole system needs reworking, but I think forcing people out outright could cause some problems with people being forced to split up from friends and could really piss people off.

It's not something new, we saw the reduction quotient of .5 for 1 threat difference and  .25 for 2. It didn't  work since players came to "farm noob and have fun" really don't care. 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:39 AM, Ashika said:

It's not something new, we saw the reduction quotient of .5 for 1 threat difference and  .25 for 2. It didn't  work since players came to "farm noob and have fun" really don't care. 
I thought it was .75 for 1 down and .5 for down back then? Granted, I was perpetually silver back then and now I'm perpetually gold (even though I'm not really good enough to be) so maybe I didn't notice that as much. Shit, nerf rewards to 0 in Bronze districts or make it so that Bronze players have to opt-in to be matched against golds (but can opt-out again any time, so long as they remain bronze). That could help stop it, maybe. Either way, the whole system needs changing -- we just need something in the short term to help for right now, that doesn't piss off people by splitting them from friends.

2 hours ago, Mightyena said:
I thought it was .75 for 1 down and .5 for down back then? Granted, I was perpetually silver back then and now I'm perpetually gold (even though I'm not really good enough to be) so maybe I didn't notice that as much. Shit, nerf rewards to 0 in Bronze districts or make it so that Bronze players have to opt-in to be matched against golds (but can opt-out again any time, so long as they remain bronze). That could help stop it, maybe. Either way, the whole system needs changing -- we just need something in the short term to help for right now, that doesn't piss off people by splitting them from friends.
Yep, you are right .75 and .5 ... anyway it didn't work. 

I think the alternate solution is something like - in Br. server mission always starts with Bronze player, then on backup some Silvers can be added (if there are no free bronze) and only then (if silver is already added and no more free silver) Golds ... so long waiting time for golds can cause to switch district. 

But anyway it will endup with mass dethreat. Edited by Ashika

7 hours ago, Ashika said:
Yep, you are right .75 and .5 ... anyway it didn't work. 

I think the alternate solution is something like - in Br. server mission always starts with Bronze player, then on backup some Silvers can be added (if there are no free bronze) and only then (if silver is already added and no more free silver) Golds ... so long waiting time for golds can cause to switch district. 

But anyway it will endup with mass dethreat.
Well, take me for example. I'm really, genuinely not good enough to be a Gold for very long -- but by the same vein, I'm better than your average Silver. I used to fluctuate between the two every few missions.

Now, I'm always gold (and don't feel like dethreating) because all of my friends who still play are very, very good at the game and can carry me to the point that I stay gold. This means that I often don't want to play because when I do I'm up against better players 100% of the time. It's no fun and it sucks.

TBH anything short of matchmaking based on time played will result in dethreating, even in other games people make smurfs and de-rank themselves to get easy games. It just happens. Yes something needs to be done, I'd recommend maybe golds getting 0 rewards or progression in roles in bronze districts, but a hard kick could cause quite a few issues on the community end. Edited by Mightyena