Hi there!

I am a long time player and i just wanna ask a simple question.

Is there anything to look forward?!

Cuz the recent years i didn't experienced anything new regarding the new engine (note: i was at the beta test)

51 minutes ago, bajkon said:

Hi there!

I am a long time player and i just wanna ask a simple question.

Is there anything to look forward?!

Cuz the recent years i didn't experienced anything new regarding the new engine (note: i was at the beta test)

no and new engine got cancelled like 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, Kast2 said:

no and new engine got cancelled like 2 years ago.

Can you link to the faq or can you enlighten me why it got canceled?

so does that mean its gonna be only available on this old engine?

2 hours ago, bajkon said:

Can you link to the faq or can you enlighten me why it got canceled?

so does that mean its gonna be only available on this old engine?

The new Engine got cancelled because porting it to 3.5 was just a flawed concept and LO realized that its not going to work way too late. APB runs off of a ton of custom code which was not part of the 3.5 Engine upgrade which has lead to many issues and horrible performance.

Instead they ported the game from 32Bit to 64Bit which essentially achieves the same thing in the back end which is to allow for major improvements and more modern solutions to be used in the game but visually to us the game looks the same so it is less fancy than upgrading to a newer version of the Engine.

its curtains bro this company has higher staff turnover than a mcdonalds

• Like 2

Yea there's stuff to look forward too. It's rolling out slowly but the company has proved repeatedly that the work does get done. Just takes a long while.

7 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Yea there's stuff to look forward too. It's rolling out slowly but the company has proved repeatedly that the work does get done. Just takes a long while.

Little Orbit is getting rid of EAC. They can't even manage an anti-cheat that basically runs itself.

On 4/20/2024 at 6:10 PM, BlatMan said:

Little Orbit is getting rid of EAC. They can't even manage an anti-cheat that basically runs itself.

now i am sleepy rn, but iirc they aren't ditching eac. iirc they said they were on an old version and didn't switch fast enough to the newer sdk. which broke stuff. and iirc again that was on epic not lo

16 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

now i am sleepy rn, but iirc they aren't ditching eac. iirc they said they were on an old version and didn't switch fast enough to the newer sdk. which broke stuff. and iirc again that was on epic not lo

Thank you for the clarification. I still put blame on LO for using an unsupported version for so long. EAC shouldn't be handing out bans if the version is old either. I expect better fail safes from them.

15 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Thank you for the clarification. I still put blame on LO for using an unsupported version for so long. EAC shouldn't be handing out bans if the version is old either. I expect better fail safes from them.

during the ama it was heavily implied the blame was more on epic. but both shared some blame. Just the reality of having only a dev or 2 working on the game im afraid

On 4/7/2024 at 12:02 AM, vsb said:

its curtains bro this company has higher staff turnover than a mcdonalds

at least i can go to mcdonalds and enjoy a big mac... i launch apb and i feel like going head first into a tree