End of Year Update ("Showvember")

On 11/21/2023 at 6:06 AM, Chabbo said:

bruh

Indeed a bruh moment 

Mfs can  just simply make a new account 

Now excuse me as I go find THE HAND THE FEEEEDS 

Edited by Bruhd101

On 11/18/2023 at 10:46 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

Maybe a stupid question, on the MM/ Cross district.

Does this mean Within the 'World' such as NA, or are we talking

a quasi merge of NA and EU, to where a Match could include players

from NA or EU in the same mission?

And if so, what would the latency be and what is being done to limit it?

If Threat is not displayed, then what parameters is MM using to Match 

players of similar Threat/Skill?

What does this mean for the achievements of getting Gold?

On the cynical side, Does this mean instead of fighting 'Golds as a Bronzie, 

that they will be 'Shadow Golds' ?

Like they wont show any threat unless you Inspect' them? 

Where have you been? Miss all the nagging in chat 🙂

2 hours ago, LuckyShots said:

Where have you been? Miss all the nagging in chat

I don't miss that at all, i mean its all sweatys that I don't know.

I'll come in once a week n listen to my music, but I won't play.

I can't move like i used to, I get fatigued real ez. Just sitting at the pc is painful.

The pain is constant now, I finally have a appt with a 'Cancer Doctor' but I won't get any 

actual help till at least dec, 18th or so, which will be Kemo, because I also have TB.

I have to have the tb meds for a month before any cancer treatment. 

So Kaiser is hoping I just die before they have to treat me.

In case you hadn't heard, I have a large mass in the left lung, with legsions spreading 

out to the left ribs, spine and my heart. So what happens is the ribs turn to a jelly.

So they are like a burnt hot dog or wet toast. I still have no clue if I'm terminal, or i have 

a day or a year to live, the stress is enough itself to kill ya.

I been playing war thunder cooking the jets, n now the jets have missiles.

So you are lucky to make it off the spawn point before u get nuked, cuz

WT likes to put sub sonic jets with no missiles vs sweatys with hax n missiles where 

the jet goes faster than the missile, so they fire the missile then fly up on ya n machine gun you,

then the missile hit. But unlike apb, i still get some progression and dollars, n Ill be a Tool about it

Ill bring the jet im working on, n then a bunch of low end prop planes to respawn. 

Then it cost them as much for the one missile as the repair of the low end airplane is to me.

But its something for me to learn, to 'Get Gud at'. Soon enough Ill have the missiles too.

So it's likely that at some point I had TB or Tuberculosis infection which caused the mass in the lung.

Which then turned to cancer and spread. or I already a small cancer from smoking n when the tb came 

it grew. Ya look at things differently, ya don't care about hackers n politics. You try not to dwell on things

that are negative, you try not to hate or be seen hating because you want to be remembered as a 

Nice Guy. You live for that day. What do I want for Xmas? I want to live long enough to see Xmas.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:12 AM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

We're calling this an End of Year Update or "Showvember" to be cute, but it's really just a long overdue update on the game. https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2023/11/17/end-of-the-year-update

There wasn't really space in the blog to get into more details, so I'll also be on Twitch to talk and answer more questions. Tuesday Nov 21 - 7pm UTC / 11am PST. https://www.twitch.tv/littleorbit

Thanks,
Matt

I was a bit upset you hadn't logged in since April, before this, as well.. Because your posts and being active around here showed you still had intent to get this ball back out there and rollin'. But when you vanish, so does the hope, I think. 

Sure, some people just complain and disbelieve, but there will always be that. I think it's higher when you guys MIA. Like.. Isn't a community manager supposed to be around filling in, too? To do the same? They haven't logged in in two weeks. And they didn't post much or reply to any concerns much, either. I think maybe their title should be changed, because a community manager is supposed to be on the ball a bit more, to be honest. Especially when you're away.  

Not trying to turn into a complainer, myself; just getting that concern out there.

I do hope you can see your vision for this game come true and the game re-release. I have been a huge fan of it ever since it was originally rollin'. I had a significant amount of hours, and it was my most played game for a very long time. I am sending you all the good vibes for your situation(s). Staying hopeful! 🙏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drk said:

But when you vanish, so does the hope, I think. 

Very well put.

Long absences especially just after putting in eac, leave time,

for rumors to rise, for anger to fester, for random conspiresy theories to arise.

The longer the Captain is AWOL, the more distrust, feelings of abandonment,

and also L.O.'s bottom line/Revenue suffers.

Ignorance leads to speculation and its all down hill after that.

@MattScott Even if you're not bringing me a fix or a change every week, 

even if what you've brought me is bad in some opinions, 

You're still here and " At The Helm".

We understand you've had some outside issues.

I am personally sorry for your loss of your friend and partner.

However, to earn and maintain the Trust of the Community.

You must be here, or You must designate an X.O. with nearly the 

same authority, to guide us and Your Firm in your absence.

On 18/11/2023 at 14:57, Ellix said:

every single game full of hackers and always with the same enemies this game always gets worse instead of better, those who use aimbot are no longer banned congratulations this game has been ruined and you who allow them to let them play hacher congratulations

And I suppose this is where the discussion ends until the 'new year.' 

Was hoping there'd be follow up or more info given than just 'tune into the Twitch stream for all the answers.' Which, I did see the VOD.. There was a car, and than a lot of repeating that things need the base to be complete before more can be done, etc.. But.. I don't know. I wish there was a way to get the ball rolling, a bit more.

Is there no 'revival fund' or revival kickstarter type thing we can all donate to? To help them fund devs or something? I'm interesting in helping, or doing what I can do for my part.. But just sitting idly by and getting a bi-annual update showing a very basic car graphic and not much further info.. Makes me kind of sad.

Edited by Drk
Removed quote.

23 minutes ago, Drk said:

~snip~

You could always buy yourself some stuff from ARMAS. That way it’s a win win for you and LO both. 

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You could always buy yourself some stuff from ARMAS. That way it’s a win win for you and LO both. 

People, including myself, been doing that since G1 era and what is the current state of the game so far?😄

26 minutes ago, Heal said:

People, including myself, been doing that since G1 era and what is the current state of the game so far?😄

It's still up and running after more than a decade, so thank you for your support.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

It's still up and running after more than a decade, so thank you for your support.

donald-duck-bowing-hfuppyabg138fxq7.gif

• Like 3

You should have been working on matchmaking when you first bought the game. Not wait till 2023 to even look at it. It was a major flaw that everyone has been yelling about since the beginning. Add on the dethreating problem and it only gets worse. You also need to squash the dethreating problem in the community along with matchmaking if you want any chance at fair games. A revamp to the threat system would also be beficial to this cause.