Crunk

Random Crash, have never had this happen before.

Randomly myself and my wifey on two separate computers had this happen, hers did it first, then mine a few minutes after, the only thing I can think of that caused it was us disconnecting due to our router being unplugged.
Here's a screenshot of the weird part.

https://gyazo.com/6ae18238c40ffa852693c56d12669b8c

Edited by CrunkGirl

Has to do with RAM(?) I believe.

Pretty normal to see this once a year, at least for me anyway.

Just APB being good old optimized APB I figure. Ignore it and move on, can't cause any lasting damage.. afaik

Perhaps a memory leak was unintentionally added in the recent hotfix, or you just simply ran out of RAM because of background processes, shouldn't cause any issues if it's not happening repeatedly.

I really doubt myself or wifey ran out of ram, i'm running 18GB, she's running 12GB lol

2 hours ago, CrunkGirl said:

I really doubt myself or wifey ran out of ram, i'm running 18GB, she's running 12GB lol

APB is currently still a 32 bit process so anything over 4GB doesn't really matter (8GB to be safe with the other things open in the background)

5 hours ago, CrunkGirl said:

i'm running 18GB

I have questions..

And what Kevkof said. I had this happen not too long ago as well, once, and now I am fine again..?

2 hours ago, Tobii said:

I have questions..

And what Kevkof said. I had this happen not too long ago as well, once, and now I am fine again..?

3x 6GB sticks probably, or something like 4x4 and then 1x2? Idk lol. I'm using 16GB and run out of RAM pretty regularly, so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Similarities

Is your partition where stored windows have 20+ GB free space? Usualy c : drive

my apb is installed on a separate harddrive from windows, could that be the issue? (I have 4 different harddrives, 2 SSD and 2 HDD, APB is installed on the second SSD, Windows is installed on my primary SSD)

Edit: Should also say haven't had this happen since on either pc's. Been playing fairly religiously, and leaving the game up for as long as 10 hours with no issue.

Edit 2: Also to answer, it's 2 8GB sticks and one left over 2 GB from the original configuration (I bought a cheap config and upgraded as I went)

Edited by CrunkGirl

5 hours ago, CrunkGirl said:

2 8GB sticks

Once again, mix two different RAM. I'm sure your motherboard RAM specs are: dual channel, 

you broke dual channel by leaving 2GB stick,

should be:
blue slot one pair 8+8=16
black slot second pair 8+8=16,

please do not MIX different brands and different size of RAM as can cause stability problems as stress test or standby or just run games. 

Please remove 2GB of RAM, rid it and wait till you able to purchase a SAME brand and model of 8+8 and fit it to other slots. (do not forget about priorities of RAM slots blue and black, user manual .motherboard. explains that where is 1s slot in a case u leaving 8+8)

primary ssd where os what free space? pagefile.sys can drain free space, but should warn about it. I've disabled pagefile as it's running on SSD.

Edited by Dahel

I'm on a 4 channel gigabyte board, but I'm telling you right now this config is nowhere new, I've played stable for like 6 years on this exact system

I have 32 GB free on my win x 10 partition

my memory while playing APB:R stays at a steady 25% - 27% usage

My internet router disconnected for a second, disconnecting me from the servers, which somehow made my APB:R client double load the district when I re-entered, APB spiked at 4.68 GB of ram, at the time of this crash. Causing the 32-bit program to state it ran out of memory.

I know how computers work, you guys really don't have to tech support my rig. I run AMD, and I clean it twice a month with canned air, and I replace the thermal paste twice a year, my ram is in 2 separate channels, and are the same brand, I don't use anything but Corsair for ram, and since this crash has only ever happened this one time on APB:R, I really doubt that me crossing two sizes of ram caused it, if it was, this would happen more often, and I would find myself on a BSOD stating I have a broken pagefile extremely often as well.

Edited by CrunkGirl
Exacting numbers.

did I misunderstood, you have 4 channel, and fit 3 slots of 4? 8+8+2 

what frequency does it's run? every single slot can run different frequencies 

what log files are showing

Edited by Dahel