Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

APB Black screen not responding after launch?

Title says it all. I launched APB from steam after the start up logo noting happend then it started not responding. And its been like this for 5 mins or so. And i tried repairing it. Any suggestions would be welcome!

@Muddy,

Has the problem been resolved in the mean time? A reboot of your PC may have fixed it already.

Well... not realy. I just have to try opening ABP until it runs. some times takes 3-5 tries some times just 2. Realy dont know what causes it. But i can work around it for now.

Have you tryed bypassing the launcher and hit the apbprogram in the binaries?

2 hours ago, DetectivePanda said:

Have you tried repairing?

Yes i did

3 hours ago, Techdev said:

Have you tryed bypassing the launcher and hit the apbprogram in the binaries?

No I havent tried that i should try it!

53 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Yes i did

No I havent tried that i should try it!

Just to double check but there is a repair for Steam and a repair for APB Launcher, have you tried both?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DetectivePanda said:

Just to double check but there is a repair for Steam and a repair for APB Launcher, have you tried both?

verify integrity of game files option in Steam is disabled,I can only repair through APB launcher.

1 hour ago, SixxstagesofMajik said:

close any other running apps via task manager not needing/using as well as services this might help take load off 

I have %4 CPU usage before i run ABP. I have enough CPU to handle it. I sent a ticket to support with required files i hope i can fix it.

Yes, i always start apb trough the exe in the binaries and never had a problem, only use the launcher when a new patch needs to be installed.

On 7/4/2018 at 3:04 PM, DetectivePanda said:

The Steam verification will replace the game's files with outdated ones, for APB to work you basically just need the launcher and everything should be fine from there.

To OP: Sounds to me like you got processes clogging up your RAM, could be anti-virus, Windows Update, or one of the million other applikcations who think they are important enough to occupy an auto-start entry.

Edited by Sniperturtle

I had this issue recently as well, found out it was connected to my graphics drivers. Had to do a fresh install of both drivers and APB, reboot and that fixed it.

I uninstalled my drivers using a program called DDU

Edited by Nanometic