Sign in to follow this  
Mitne

Console APB is really dead.

Recently I got hold on few consoles which I play the hell out of. That is PS4 Pro and Xbox Series X. I tried them out on few games and enjoyed my time on them. And then said time with games later made me realize... there is APB for PS4 and Xbox One.

So I booted my Xbox Series X and using fact it got backward compatibility with Xbox One I downloaded APB: Reloaded there. Went in... it was absolutely dead. Played a bit but every action district was empty... there was also no manual way to join servers... alright... went then to social, usually this are the most lively. Social was ABSOLUTELY DEAD. Zero players other than me. Looked at billboards, no players decals there... hell, they weren't even rented by players... I then went to marketplace to confirm my suspicion... not a single auction made by players. I then realized I got chat feature in there and used it to type /pop. Population 8. 2 enforcers, 6 criminals. Peak of APB week - Saturday Evening.

Jesus... I booted up quickly my ol' good PS4 just to confirm suspicions. After few hours checked it in night as well. Population 5. 1 enforcer (me) and, 4 criminals. Same exact situation.

I checked Europe servers at least, that is. I imagine NA servers aren't in better shape though.

I never was more sad to see game in such state. While beautiful looking with not bad integration in my opinion but a bit on laggy side... it was dead.

Here is my real meritum of this entire topic - APB on consoles is so dead I personally need to request for LO to take it down. I can't imagine it being other than another added cost and to no effect other than flex. It's dead, nobody plays it, nobody cares... Kill it.

42 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

#MercyForConsoles

If you mean mercy kill them. Yes. I agree.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mitne said:

If you mean mercy kill them. Yes. I agree.

It’s funny when I typed it I meant spare them, but I wonder if subconsciously I mean what you said.

Jokes aside, I say leave em be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

It’s funny when I typed it I meant spare them, but I wonder if subconsciously I mean what you said.

Jokes aside, I say leave em be. 

By now it's like letting brain-dead family member live on life support for few more years.

I don't see it as morally right.

10 minutes ago, Mitne said:

morally right.

APB the Game, LO and those that cheat do not have Morals.

Simply a platform to teach post millennials how to act irl. 

Where cheating, bullying, theft, arson, mayhem is considered Ethical, 

at least here in L.A. and the various militant states south of the border and

most of the Eurasian states. Taking away our straws n red meat n guns. 

can actually shut console apb down?

iirc they inherited the contract g1 entered into with deep silver to publish on consoles, so it might be entirely dependent on when that contract is up or deep silver backs out

also, assuming orbit ever manages to turn things around, its probably cheaper and easier to update the already existing game than to have to re-publish apb on consoles from scratch

• Like 1

If it's not costing them money to keep the console version running, then whatever. Leave it as is. I wouldn't bother putting any developer time towards it. The dedicated players and whales aren't there, and they'll never be there. That was obvious back in 2012.

Thers tens of thousands downloaded the console versions and hundreds spend money on this game(this numbers can be even more)so people have the right to play it or come back to it.Is G1 fault with their decision back in the day to make also consoles besides the PC engine upgrade when they knew dat the code base is a mess and this is complicated game to deal with.Now we have sht-the engine was cancel by the new "experts" we have and the consoles r dead.But back in 2013 they was like "hey we survive the gta5 express train and we goin big now too" fkn idiots..dat decision actually killed the game and i told dem back there(to focus just on PC)

Edited by TheMessiah

What Is Dead May Never Die

I've heard Bjorn Laarson (Ex-G1 CEO) talk about End of Life on video game cycles.

But it is the first time I hear about mercy killing a game 🤣

How old is APB on console?

Edited by Talla

41 minutes ago, Talla said:

What Is Dead May Never Die

I've heard Bjorn Laarson (Ex-G1 CEO) talk about End of Life on video game cycles.

But it is the first time I hear about mercy killing a game 🤣

How old is APB on console?

I think 8- oh nvm, Xbox One ver. been around for 7 years while PS4(the ver. I did play first) has been around  for 6 years now