Sign in to follow this  
Skidg

banned for no reason

I am writing with the help of a translator so there may be errors

while watching a YouTube video, I saw a very beautiful symbol and decided to Google how to make about the same. Having found the answer, I downloaded the app and started trying to draw, after fifteen minutes I was kicked out and banned forever

the app itself is simply placed on top of other apps and shows an image

here is the video itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-l-y9yBvc

Merged.

if I'm writing to the wrong section, then I'm sorry

I have moved this topic to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

21 hours ago, Skidg said:

I was kicked out and banned forever

any sort of over lay is bannable with eac

This seems to be the only thing it does is harass the designers.

In a effort to stop crosshair overlays, but it still doesn't detect teleports, aimbots, or smooth aim.

Which is why we wanted an anticheat, for combat hackers.

Matt did tell us here on the forum to turn off our over lays, but not everyone reads the Forum.

GIVE HIM HIS ACCOUNT BACK, THATS WRONG 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

any sort of over lay is bannable with eac

This seems to be the only thing it does is harass the designers.

In a effort to stop crosshair overlays, but it still doesn't detect teleports, aimbots, or smooth aim.

Which is why we wanted an anticheat, for combat hackers.

Matt did tell us here on the forum to turn off our over lays, but not everyone reads the Forum.

GIVE HIM HIS ACCOUNT BACK, THATS WRONG 

Overlays aren't inherently banable, I've been using HudSight as a crosshair overlay as the devs of the program specifically stated that its whitelisted by EAC, Matt has also stated in the past that THEY THEMSELVES as in Little Orbit will not stop you from using crosshair overlays aslong as you aren't editing gamefiles to get them as they know its a common feature request for the game and there's also nothing they can do to stop you from using monitor based crosshair overlays or even taping something on your screen.

There's a russian overlay to design symbols that has been causing players to be banned by EAC and while those players are crying foul, the program itself lights up as malicious on like 40+ different antivirus scans on virustotal which would imply that the program does a lot more in the background than just draw an overlay on your screen which makes it shady as hell.

Players are in charge of their own accounts, this also includes not running malicious software on your pc that hooks into the game and should therefore never run anything that isn't specifically stated to not cause conflicts with the Anti-cheat, also I am pretty sure the thing Matt said was not about overlays whatsoever and was also related to the reintroduction of BattlEye so it has NOTHING to do with EAC.

37 minutes ago, Frosi said:

malicious on like 40+ different antivirus scans

Sounds like they did have cause, I didn't know it was like that.

Me being totally legit I'm ignorant of some of these things.

So I stand 'corrected.  

I don't see anything interesting in these crosshairs, unless it's Call of Duty, where everything hits the spot

in this game there is a dynamic sight that will tell you how to use this or that weapon

example: it will tell you how to change the rate of fire correctly at long and medium distances

20 hours ago, Frosi said:

Overlays aren't inherently banable, I've been using HudSight as a crosshair overlay as the devs of the program specifically stated that its whitelisted by EAC, Matt has also stated in the past that THEY THEMSELVES as in Little Orbit will not stop you from using crosshair overlays aslong as you aren't editing gamefiles to get them as they know its a common feature request for the game and there's also nothing they can do to stop you from using monitor based crosshair overlays or even taping something on your screen.

There's a russian overlay to design symbols that has been causing players to be banned by EAC and while those players are crying foul, the program itself lights up as malicious on like 40+ different antivirus scans on virustotal which would imply that the program does a lot more in the background than just draw an overlay on your screen which makes it shady as hell.

Players are in charge of their own accounts, this also includes not running malicious software on your pc that hooks into the game and should therefore never run anything that isn't specifically stated to not cause conflicts with the Anti-cheat, also I am pretty sure the thing Matt said was not about overlays whatsoever and was also related to the reintroduction of BattlEye so it has NOTHING to do with EAC.

I only see 3 warnings on virus total. Where the hell are you seeing 40+?

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

I only see 3 warnings on virus total. Where the hell are you seeing 40+?

I would assume that its a different program than that of the other players that got banned for using an overlay like such to make symbols, regardless, its an unverified source that hooks into the game client and can therefore be super easily picked up as a cheat or malicious software by EAC, they have whitelists for a reason and players that run such unverified programs will always run the risk of being banned in any game.

if you use an overlay so that there is a sight, EAC will recognize + - after fifteen minutes, but if you use, for example, something from steam, then EAC will not be able to do anything

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2250040/Crosshair_V2/

EAC is not perfect, but to ban for trying to draw a beautiful symbol, in my opinion, is stupid

Merged.

crosshair V2 was tested in the game Crossout, which also has EAC, there was no ban after 5 hours of continuous play

32 minutes ago, Skidg said:

but if you use, for example, something from steam, then EAC will not be able to do anything

That's cause most of these programs that are published through steam are vetted programs and have therefore been whitelisted by EAC. However, for Crosshair V2 this isn't the case, the program isn't whitelisted, however, it functions through windows' xbox gamebar which will not be flagged as a form of cheat as it is a software running on just about every PC.

TLDR is to use vetted programs that are widespread and have more than just a hand full of users as well as ideally doing your research by doing a simple google search and looking for an official comments from the developers in regards to compatibility with whatever anti-cheat the game is using.

Also, since no one has mentioned it yet, the Forums can't really help you with the issue you're having, what you should do is open a customer support ticket saying that you've been banned by EAC and requesting your playerid so you can then use that playerid to identify yourself during Epic's ban appeal process.

they just ignore me there

Merged.

well, at least I will emphasize my mistakes and I will no longer be engaged in creativity

I hurried with the message

5 hours ago, Frosi said:

I would assume that its a different program than that of the other players that got banned for using an overlay like such to make symbols, regardless, its an unverified source that hooks into the game client and can therefore be super easily picked up as a cheat or malicious software by EAC, they have whitelists for a reason and players that run such unverified programs will always run the risk of being banned in any game.

It's highly unlikely the app hooks into the game. On a forum post from the year 2011, it says to change the graphics settings from full screen to windowed mode. It's written in Russian, but that's what it translates to on Google translate. I won't link it directly since I don't want to provide links to potential malicious applications, but I'll provide screenshots and translations in the spoilers below. I'll also provide Virus Total links to both apps, which is the forum link and the Youtube link. Both apps have the same hash, meaning they're the same app. Where are your claims about the app coming from?

Forum Post:

Переставить переключатель из полного экрана в оконный режим, а дальше все просто! Открываете в программе ту картинку, которую бы вам хотелось в точности изобразить, программа сразу же становиться по верх всех окон, настраиваете положение окна программы так как вам удобно, перетаскиваете ползунок прозрачности до нужного вам уровня и уводите курсор мыши в левый верхний угол экрана. Окно программы остается с верху но не мешает использовать интерфейс альбома в игре и как чертеж показывает вам вашу картинку.

Switch the switch from full screen to windowed mode, and then everything is simple! Open in the program the picture that you would like to depict exactly, the program immediately becomes on top of all windows, adjust the position of the program window as you like, drag the transparency slider to the level you need and move the mouse cursor to the upper left corner of the screen. The program window remains at the top but does not interfere with the use of the album interface in the game and how the drawing shows you your picture.

https://i.imgur.com/PysIpeB.png

VirusTotal results:

Forum Link:

ohMMemw.png

WnT0JdD.png

Youtube:

]bUoH4fg.png

EYY7YVS.png

• Like 1

I have been using symbol overlays for 8-9 years and I didn't have a single issue with them. I can see some potential issue with how older overlays worked - they made it possible to overlay any window of any program, therefore having to interfere with game itself. However one I have been using for last few years, and I forgot how I stumbled upon it after hours of searching is one called Nomacs. It's open source and it only overlays the Nomacs window itself, through an option in inside the program.

Generally not a good idea to download any things off random Russian video, whether you are Russian or not (considering the Russian cheater culture), especially one that has a file thats hosted on some sketchy random link, and not on official site.

I'm sorry if your ban has been caused for no reason, happened to me once in other game after playing it only for few hours, and never got the clarification why I was banned to begin with, so how was I supposed to know why I was banned in first place and how to not get banned again..

I have been using the program for a very long time, and it has proven itself well in various games and applications, unlike APB

the same Crossout running on EAC ignored this application

On 8/17/2023 at 12:59 PM, Skidg said:

I have been using the program for a very long time, and it has proven itself well in various games and applications, unlike APB

the same Crossout running on EAC ignored this application

Меня так же забанили, за эту программу, месяц назад, скорее всего разбана не будет, аккаунту было 12 лет 😞

Is it possible to force anti-cheat to expel a player, and then send a warning message with a description of what he was kicked out for? And if the situation repeats, the player gets banned. It's just wrong and very unpleasant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Is it possible to force anti-cheat to expel a player, and then send a warning message with a description of what he was kicked out for? And if the situation repeats, the player gets banned. It's just wrong and very unpleasant.

EAC does do this for common applications that can be exploited.

Examples.

- EAC blocks APB from loading if it detects that it's being run inside a virtual machine.

- EAC blocks custom directx dll's like NinjaRipper.

- EAC blocks AutoHotKey scripts.

It's up to the game's devs to decide which applications are allowed. Regardless, I doubt the ban was for this application. I wish I could test that without having to risk infecting hardware.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, Frosi said:

That's cause most of these programs that are published through steam are vetted programs and have therefore been whitelisted by EAC. However, for Crosshair V2 this isn't the case, the program isn't whitelisted, however, it functions through windows' xbox gamebar which will not be flagged as a form of cheat as it is a software running on just about every PC.

TLDR is to use vetted programs that are widespread and have more than just a hand full of users as well as ideally doing your research by doing a simple google search and looking for an official comments from the developers in regards to compatibility with whatever anti-cheat the game is using.

Also, since no one has mentioned it yet, the Forums can't really help you with the issue you're having, what you should do is open a customer support ticket saying that you've been banned by EAC and requesting your playerid so you can then use that playerid to identify yourself during Epic's ban appeal process.

That's not true at all, cheats often use xbox gamebar, OBS, steam overlay, discord overlay, etc. for drawing on screen or if designed really poorly they can exploit there drivers for reading/writing to game memory. using any overlay will cause your account to receive a flag(EAC for instance flags ALL top-most overlays) and with enough flags the anti-cheat will ban you. Modern anti-cheats are a lot like anti-virus software using heuristic analysis which results in a lot of false positives.

5 hours ago, MonkaS said:

That's not true at all, cheats often use xbox gamebar, OBS, steam overlay, discord overlay, etc. for drawing on screen or if designed really poorly they can exploit there drivers for reading/writing to game memory. using any overlay will cause your account to receive a flag(EAC for instance flags ALL top-most overlays) and with enough flags the anti-cheat will ban you. Modern anti-cheats are a lot like anti-virus software using heuristic analysis which results in a lot of false positives.

They're a lot like the old Norton anti-virus. Annoys the crap out of legit players but misses obvious exploits. TBF, it's not EAC's fault game devs refuse to implement basic anti-cheat functions within the game itself, like not allowing modified files, and limit player movement server sided.

sometimes it's just your bad luck, i have been banned before  for a specific time at the Easter Bunny event, the reason was because i was blocking some people to reach roof to kill the cracker, which all done that xD and iam the only one who banned so try to request more tickets maybe your account will back  

Edited by EngRamx