Sign in to follow this  
CerealKiller

Bringing back old players and keeping new players.

LO should bring back the threat system, all these new players will stay as right now all they are doing are facing gold players and people who are higher level than them. This is making them quit and not want to come back to the game which i understand. However, all the old players that have gone would come back if the threat system was brought back, the game would be more enjoyed by the community. LO did a bad thing with removing the threat system and its not fair on the people who want to enjoy the game but cant due to facing golds, higher levels etc. LO would have such a bigger community if this was to happen. Imo the matchmaking they are working on wont change anything. The other day i was in a group with 2 golds and i vs 2 Trainers, like come on what is that... I know LO are gonna remove my post but they know its because i am right and dont like the truth but it has to be said. Thank you for all you people who play this game and want to enjoy it but cant because of matchmaking and the threat system. ❤️

Edited by CerealKiller

Nah nobody gonna remove u anything thats just opinion shared 1000 times on forums anyway.The threat system is still here and is workin-what u mean is the threat districts.They remove it cause the pop drop to less than 300 and separates players even more(especially on NA)Bringin the threat districts only will not increase the pop.If they release the new contacts for example or any new content(worthy for comin back)then make sense to bring back the threat districts.if we have at least lets say 1k stable pop and yea only this new matchmaking not gonna increase the pop.The game needs new content worthy to be comin back for..

Edited by AlienTM

Low pop was just LO's excuse to cave into the months of crying by golds with perfect aim, here in this forum.

LO Back stabbed Me and allot of others by letting those golds into bronze to farm us.

And talk down to silvers n bronze as if they are bad or stupid players, yet they begged to get in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Low pop was just LO's excuse to cave into the months of crying by golds with perfect aim, here in this forum.

LO Back stabbed Me and allot of others by letting those golds into bronze to farm us.

And talk down to silvers n bronze as if they are bad or stupid players, yet they begged to get in.

Unfortunately no bringing the segregation system back wouldn't help at all.

People would dethreat breaking the rules to farm low ranks.

In the process Gold's would have almost zero mission options due nobody willing to play against them.

Sorry Mack but you honestly need to really get out of the narrow lane to see the bigger picture and why threat segregation is never coming back.

13 minutes ago, Nabiki said:

the bigger picture and why threat segregation is never coming back.

Why would it come back? I didn't start the thread.

Ya like I said, LO chose to throw bronze's/silver's under the bus, for the benefit of golds, so they had someone to farm.

Oh I remember how it was with dethreaters. They'd get in n We'd see em n know just by name they were gold sweats.

Sometimes a bunch of us bronzies would gang up n troll out the gold. 

No I highly doubt they will segregate threats again. 

I doubt they fix MM anytime soon, nor will it do much.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CerealKiller said:

LO should bring back the threat system, all these new players will stay as right now all they are doing are facing gold players and people who are higher level than them. This is making them quit and not want to come back to the game which i understand. However, all the old players that have gone would come back if the threat system was brought back, the game would be more enjoyed by the community. LO did a bad thing with removing the threat system and its not fair on the people who want to enjoy the game but cant due to facing golds, higher levels etc. LO would have such a bigger community if this was to happen. Imo the matchmaking they are working on wont change anything. The other day i was in a group with 2 golds and i vs 2 Trainers, like come on what is that... I know LO are gonna remove my post but they know its because i am right and dont like the truth but it has to be said. Thank you for all you people who play this game and want to enjoy it but cant because of matchmaking and the threat system. ❤️

Not really,

The old threat system was over a decade ago, no one cares about it anymore, even the engine update didn't made old players continue to play actively and only temporary boost the population during the release. When old players come back and play again, they realise nothing has change, game plays the same, even with the engine update's performance was somewhat a small change which they probably waited for years and game looks the same, there's literally no point in continuing to play again without actual content. This was coming from a friend who played a while back that got me into the game and played with me a day and uninstall because the game was too much of a cringe, he went back to CS-GO.

If LO really want to pull in players, the game needs an huge overhaul so it feels modern some ideas includes:

• Updated UI + Hud + map + inventory (HUD design IS awful + the layout, too much stuff on screen you don't even need, takes up space, map and radar needs to be upgraded feels unfinished)
  • Improve in game performance with basic low configs, game should be running 300fps+ without any dips on high end systems.
  • New Fight club maps
  • New map (midtown) + new contacts and rewards + new rating progression which gives access to players who have reach R195 on an account (This is an end game map for veterans most likely  be playing there. New players can enjoy Financial or Waterfront, if players don't have a R195 on their account, they can purchase a 7- day pass from the JT store. 
  • New pledging system allowing the player's manually pledge to anyone from FN or WF contacts. 
  • Update new player's rewards system each specific rank milestone they should be given a 7-30 days pre mod weapon of choice and 30-day pre mod choice of car. 
  • Update Clan system (having a clan ranking system gives meaning to be in a clan and grouping which shows clan ranking total wins before reset)
  • Update beginners car (give them a race car, not the beetle car)
  • New clothing which are decent.
  • New re-skin weapons which are decent.
  • Weapon balance, buff the weapons that are rarely usable. 

But in the end if they found out only 1 person is working for the game, who's going to actually invest playing again? the current roadmap only have some quality life changes.

The highest momentum of players coming back was the engine update which brought players to play again, which they didn't even do anything during those weeks???

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 2

Adding more garbage is not going to bring back old players. This game had it's peak population when we had the least amount of content. Why? The shooting mechanics functioned properly. You pointed at a player, you hit the player. It still had the lag compensation problem, but it didn't have this broken processing of network traffic that causes some players to have bad hit registration on random servers regardless of latency. When old players come back, they experience the same nonsense and don't bother playing again. The average player doesn't give a damn about the financial state of the company. They want the game to function

For example, the last few times I played on EU, my latency was fluctuating between 90-300ms, but all of my shots that looked like they should hit, did hit. Meanwhile on US East with less than 30ms, most of my shots do not register. Also, whenever I have good hit registration on US West, the server crashes within a few hours.

The 64bit upgrade brought back some players, but they didn't stay because the game still does not function properly. The garbage collection stutters are terrible even with AMD's 3d cache CPUs and DDR5. Textures pop in with a PCIe NVMe SSD. High FPS causes your character to slide.

They can polish the outside all they want, but like with a car, no one is going to daily drive a car that misfires on half it's cylinders.

The new matchmaking system will basically work like threat segregation did but in a more dynamic way which will then allow for matches to happen even during low-pop times although with less accurate matchmaking.

5 hours ago, BlatMan said:

The garbage collection stutters are terrible even with AMD's 3d cache CPUs and DDR5. Textures pop in with a PCIe NVMe SSD. High FPS causes your character to slide.

As of 64Bit the game is no longer limited to 4GB of ram, this combined with a fix that has been made relatively early into the 64Bit update being live has made it so garbage collection has an additional trigger which is when the game has to load the respawn screen such as when you just died in a mission, therefore, many configs have opted to completely turn off garbage collection meaning it no longer happens during active gameplay and only during the respawn screen.

If a person likes what he does, it is noticeable from the outside. I don't see anyone playing the game. Many problems can be solved by reconfiguring game systems. You can make changes every week, test, and get feedback. But nobody does it.
It's annoying how the administration does it. Disabled district threat system. The fact that this is a huge hole and a fool understands. But no patch is provided to repair this hole. They say that we will fix it later... At the bottom, you will fix it, sitting in a bathyscaphe with a joystick from Genius.

On 7/22/2023 at 7:42 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

Did you try not being bronze ?

The game needs new content for bringin more people and improvin current matchmaking.Cant be otherwise..theres just 2 fill mission dist even on EU server(1 finan 1 waterf)The only way for better experience is the radical change im talkin about for years now

Just one 50vs50 mission for the entire dist where the kills/scores are counted in the end(15 min)and thats how to lvl up contacts.Nothing else can be done right now with this game.U kill multiple birds with this 1 stone-gameplay is more fun and fair-good players both sides,no campin spots and even performance in the dist will be better cause only 1 mission will be runnin.Even the P5 can be bring back to life if they make it +300 to kill one(the p5 must be taken down cause he will make lets say +200 each kill he makes)Thats like mini VIP version integrated to the TDM i just suggested

Also we not losing anything from the gameplay this game offers-all other modes:capture zone,hold item etc-all of this is in FC

Edited by AlienTM

Oh You mean doing one obj or one kill to make silver?

or did ya mean making the light year jump past pluto to gold. 

No I've never wanted to be a game killing bully, and I refuse to buy perfect aim,

or talk about anyone's mother, so i'll never be gold. 

Why would I want to be anything other than Bronze?

You get nothing for higher threat levels except being associated with cheaters,

and bullies by Legits. 

As if the learning curve wasn't bad enough before desegregation, now

with golds everywhere U expect a bronze to come up. How?

Gonna lose any mission with golds opp, and gonna be low on the board if

gold on your team. Hax ghost your keystrokes, so you gun wont work, aimbot, 

smooth aim, wall hack, teleport, and call your mother names if they think U don't hack too.

Why would I want to be that person, I'm not a real life criminal. I don't commit Wire Fraud. 

I don't try to bully low ranks out of any xp from missions, I dont go flipping peoples cars because 

they don't hack and aren't wanted in the Stolen District.

I don't play the game to kill it off like golds do, I don't play the game and bully low ranks to boost 

my ego, and I have absolutely no respect for those that do. 

Hello,

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

- Azukii

On 7/24/2023 at 12:50 AM, Frosi said:

The new matchmaking system will basically work like threat segregation did but in a more dynamic way which will then allow for matches to happen even during low-pop times although with less accurate matchmaking.

As of 64Bit the game is no longer limited to 4GB of ram, this combined with a fix that has been made relatively early into the 64Bit update being live has made it so garbage collection has an additional trigger which is when the game has to load the respawn screen such as when you just died in a mission, therefore, many configs have opted to completely turn off garbage collection meaning it no longer happens during active gameplay and only during the respawn screen.

WHY IS THIS NOT SET BY DEFAULT?

Seriously. The devs have added other options to the in-game menu. Why the hell are the more important options, like fps limit and garbage collection, hidden in a config file that no one will know exists without finding some random forum post?

Edited by BlatMan

On 7/24/2023 at 12:50 AM, Frosi said:

I finished testing this and it does not work properly. APB slowly increases RAM usage. Performance degrades the longer you play. You have to restart every hour or two, otherwise your fps drops by about 50%.

Bringing back old players and keeping new players are two essential aspects for the growth and sustainability of any sports team or organization. Whether it's a professional sports team, an amateur club, or an online gaming community, striking a balance between retaining former players and attracting new talent is crucial. Here are some strategies to achieve both objectives:

Bringing Back Old Players:

• Reconnect and Engage
  • Highlight Shared Memories
  • Flexible Participation
  • Incentives and Perks

Keeping New Players:

• Create a Welcoming Environment
  • Offer Skill Development
  • Organize Social Events
  • Recognize Achievements
  • Address Concerns and Feedback
  • Encourage Leadership Roles
  • Promote Sportsmanship and Fair Play

By implementing these strategies, sports teams and gaming communities can strike a balance between bringing back old players and keeping new ones. It's essential to create an environment where both veterans and newcomers feel valued, supported, and excited to be part of the team.

On 8/1/2023 at 5:04 AM, cascomirna said:

Bringing back old players and keeping new players are two essential aspects for the growth and sustainability of any sports team or organization. Whether it's a professional sports team, an amateur club, or an online gaming community, striking a balance between retaining former players and attracting new talent is crucial. Here are some strategies to achieve both objectives:

Bringing Back Old Players:

• Reconnect and Engage
  • Highlight Shared Memories
  • Flexible Participation
  • Incentives and Perks

Keeping New Players:

• Create a Welcoming Environment
  • Offer Skill Development
  • Organize Social Events
  • Recognize Achievements
  • Address Concerns and Feedback
  • Encourage Leadership Roles
  • Promote Sportsmanship and Fair Play

By implementing these strategies, sports teams and gaming communities can strike a balance between bringing back old players and keeping new ones. It's essential to create an environment where both veterans and newcomers feel valued, supported, and excited to be part of the team.

rewarding unique weapons titles clothes and so on to vets is a good way to keep them around. like fallen earth when they stripped all the vets of those and refused to give any back. well the vets left. last time i checked on FE i think 1 maybe 2 of the old vets i know of were still around. as for APB well i never cared for the people here seeing how there ego is bigger then there IQ. but it would be the same factor