AlienTM

improved matchmaking or new contacts

Is kinda confusing what we are supposed to expect next from the roadmap.Matt wrote that next big thing after the 64bit and EAC-are the new contacts

New Contacts

Lynette and Lucas have already been revealed to the community, and we are hoping to release them after EasyAntiCheat and Hosting Upgrade #1.(64bit)

On other hand on discord this GM Alaris wrote that current project is the improved matchmaking.So whats next then?

I think that must be the contacts like he planned originally.Why?Because this will be long term new content which will bring older players who have not much to do in current game and will sustain playerbase from at least 1k for weeks(maybe months)Best part is that we can have the threat districts back and at least separate golds from bronzes.Thats why contacts must be the next thing because if the new matchmaking system fails after that(players disconectin,lags,teleports etc)we can go back to the old model

If the next big thing is this new matching and this new net code failed big time-may kill the game and no point of addin anything after that

I'm sorry, but if you think a couple new contacts is gonna sustain 1k pop for months I've got some bad news for you.

I can almost guarantee that the broad majority of players who quit the game for extended periods of time don't do so because of boredom due to lack of content, they do it because the fundamental aspects of the game don't function correctly, or at least to a satisfactory level (poor matchmaking, no accurate ranking system, poor server performance, poor client performance (relatively speaking), poor overall gameplay balance, lack of in-game moderation, etc.)

Edited by swindIe
  • Like 10

Thats true but what i mean is dat LO gonna messd up with this new matchmaking and the 300 players left also gonna quit and the game will be finished.I hope im wrong we will see...

LO has already mentioned that the new matchmaking comes first as it is basically a requirement for when they launch new contacts as it should help returning players get into more even matches so they don't just quit the game again halfway through leveling the contacts due to poor match quality leading to frustration. They are aware that the new matchmaking system may not work as intended and therefore may only be a slight improvement at first but when new content comes to the game then that surge of returning players will boost the games pop and hopefully this time be allowed to stay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, swindIe said:

I'm sorry, but if you think a couple new contacts is gonna sustain 1k pop for months I've got some bad news for you.

Especially since the new contacts are going to be relatively low on the contact tier progression (IIRC, they're intended to be T2). In other words, they'll be able to be maxed out in only a few hours.

12 hours ago, Frosi said:

LO has already mentioned that the new matchmaking comes first as it is basically a requirement for when they launch new contacts as it should help returning players get into more even matches

he must be aware what hes postin then

17 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Lynette and Lucas have already been revealed to the community, and we are hoping to release them after EasyAntiCheat and Hosting Upgrade #1.(64bit)

check the roadmap and see 4 urself

As I understand it, MM is next. 

It has to be, but I doubt it will help. Hacking aside, trying to grind out a contact even a small one,

against gold groups or pairs, How are you gonna get xp. 

You only get 150 for your first objective, and so you need to get two obj

to get enough mission xp to trigger getting contact xp. So 300 or you get nothing.

So if you're lucky enough to finish the first obj before the golds come racing up

sit on the A point n spawn hunt ect. You will get Zero Contact xp.

That is the way golds want it, they dont want u to play or get xp.

So now that we have the picture, knowing it's an impossible grind for 

Regular Players, what is the contact going to give you?

In other words What is the contact going to give a Max rank, Content achievements wise?

What Motivation are you going to give me to grind out this contact against Golds.

Cuz I can see how it will go, they let one gold in, n that gold will call back up till he gets his friends in.

And, I can steal my way thru it if it has any worthy awards.

You're not going to fix MM with Golds in district

They gotta stop putting the gold as the team leader, they funny n think they actually are your commander.

They need a separate chat channel for GM's that is always open.

So I can block whispers and team chat and still receive any direct whisper from a gm

I don't want to see golds in my city, nor my chat at all, let alone to be on my team as a leader or at all.

For one thing if he's on your team he's probly screen sharing and advising the golds on the other team 

where u are n what you're doing. Ya can't trust em.

The only way to fix MM and Cheating is to remove the golds from district, which I told U 3+ years ago.

You gotta bring something to the table to get people to come back, the rewards have to be worth the grind 

to the regular player, the gold will simply say poof n the new contact will be maxed. To the beginner its just another

20 levels of grinding against golds to max out, making max rank 275. n ya don't even get everything now for maxing.

U used to get the full emote package, not anymore. So I'm thinking that a higher peak for max is gonna dissuade new players.

It's a Pipe Dream, n LO's pipe is Clogged. Filled with tar and old spit that no reem job will fix, just throw it out n buy a new one.

• Like 1

New game mode then to replace the mission system completely.One big mission only.For example 50 crims vs 50 enforcers in a TDM(where u see ur opponents)but with one condition-u can fight only players ur threat.Probably green gonna have to be removed cause very little players are(all greens-bronzes)About T-they can fight for 1 match everybody till they get their threat(bronze,silver,gold)Each mission-15 minutes.If the final score is possible to be calculated separately or even to run separately-like 3 different missions-thats perfect(1 mission for silvers,1 for bronzes,1 for golds)

There u go matchmaking problems resolved.This mode also will remove the campy objective spots and will decrease the lag on the district(cause only 1(or 3)missions/systems running)

Oh well just my fantasies...

Edited by AlienTM

11 hours ago, AlienTM said:

New game mode then to replace the mission system completely.One big mission only.For example 50 crims vs 50 enforcers in a TDM(where u see ur opponents)but with one condition-u can fight only players ur threat.Probably green gonna have to be removed cause very little players are(all greens-bronzes)About T-they can fight for 1 match everybody till they get their threat(bronze,silver,gold)Each mission-15 minutes.If the final score is possible to be calculated separately or even to run separately-like 3 different missions-thats perfect(1 mission for silvers,1 for bronzes,1 for golds)

There u go matchmaking problems resolved.This mode also will remove the campy objective spots and will decrease the lag on the district(cause only 1(or 3)missions/systems running)

We used to have a 50v50 TDM
It was called Anarchy

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ellix said:

It was called Anarchy

i will always believe that if orbit spent a year polishing anarchy/chaos districts (adding open world objectives, proper leaderboards, preventing spawn camping, etc) instead of making RIOT, apb would be in a much better place right now 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2023 at 9:01 AM, Ellix said:

It was called Anarchy

Yea this was ok but u cant see ur opponents threat here which is lame.Also no need for the drop/pick up weapons mechanic.With these 2 changes and if ur able to lvl up contacts like that-perfect game mode to replace the current unbalanced and campy mission system.This game is supose to have small and large scale battles-like Dave Jones says in the trailer(next 20 seconds)

If the small scale battles doesnt work well anymore we must go with the large scale ones(thats from me :p)

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 9:52 PM, AlienTM said:

Bringing back and polishing Anarchy would be one way. 

I vaguely feel the maps currently in the game are also the perfect size for an extraction shooter style gamemode, if we get rid of the cars or turn them all into wrecks and decrease the amount of players per instance.

From a creative standpoint, you could chain the 2 gamemodes up by lore.

In any case, a lot can be tried and tested to get some population, but in the end nobody is going to stick if the core gameplay is miserable. The shooting in this game still feels really good, but because every other core aspect of this game is just utterly miserable, I have no reason to actively play.

I'll come out of my retirement home when the game is fixed in that regard.

Edited by Haganu

i really do not see what they could add to two new contacts to wow people into staying. if there low end as i heard people who are low rank most likely won't bother. due to the fact of who wants to slog through 2-5 hours of this in order to get items you will never use. a shiny new icon? and if there high rank? why bother same reasons only this time it could take weeks or months. i already know it's true that it takes give or take 20 matchs just to upgrade the final four contacts and by god right now if you can do 20+ in a single sitting you must be on something. and even if there is new match making would the pop level come back up enough to be worth it? or would it still be so low you got that one 3-5 man premade you got no chance in hell of getting more then 1-2 kills per a match.

They really need something to wow people into playing this and so far we got promises and blank checks