Sign in to follow this  
Excalibur!

Gamersfirst.

So this still "gamersfirst" and not "Little Orbit", right? I know i must wait and see changes, but why?

Inb4 thread gets shutdown because toxicity without any word or reason for being deleted once again.

Yeah Little Orbit bought GamersFirst and is still using the brand.

• Like 1

I just finished watching it. Here are my take-away notes (Can't guarantee they're direct quotes. So take it all with a grain of salt)

Anti-cheat will be upgraded to Battle-Eye + Fairfight.

Matt says "I can unequivocally say there were false bans" - "We are going to unban 'the majority' of the playerbase." - "won't happen immediately"

When Battle-Eye comes out, they'll unban most people. Bans WON'T be broadcasted anymore. "Bans are a failure"

APB will be upgraded to UE 3.5, as G1 planned. In parallel, they'll be working on taking APB to UE 4

"It is near impossible to bring new content to the game as it is" (Working on UE 3.5)

"There are long-standing mechanical issues in the game"

"Do a new weapon or two, a new outfit or two - beyond that, new map, new mode" (Adding content)

"There are so many pieces, new pieces, sitting at the 90% mark. Literally waiting to be finished!" (Content, I assume)

"I don't think APB is P2W" - "You could give the worst weapon to the best player, and the best weapon to the worst player, and the best player will win every time. - It is a game of skill. The weapon doesn't make that big of a difference." (Stupid example  imo.)

"We do need to go through and update the cost of Armas" - "Some of the  pricing is a little obscene"

"We have hired one of the designers back from the game" (Doesn't specify if RTW or G1. Implies G1 staff is gone.)

"You're gonna see us around (in game) - Having GM's in the game being present, talking to people shouldn't be a big scary thing. We should be present."

"Nudity is great, nudity is amazing! - There's no place for it in our game." - "With GM's in game, nudity should be a problem that solves itself"

"We're hoping to get coverage on all servers, all the time" (On GM's)

on threat: "At a minimum, it has to be altered. At a maximum, it has to be scrapped."

"Shame on us for leaving an exploit in for so long - I mean it has a name!" (On dethreating. Also, obviously they aren't to blame for it, the "shame on us part" was Matt giving an example)

On dev stream or blog: "I love this idea, absolutely!" - "It's a great way to show progress to the community" (They should take tips from Digital Extremes, the devs of Warframe. Say what you want about the game, those devs are the best communication I've ever)

On login screen: "I don't think we need a loading screen for a loading screen" (He likes the old login screen, and wants it back. But has to check rights.)

Console optimization is something they're going to work on.

Dodges (?) A question about extending friends/ignore. But does dislike the idea of paying for them.

Prestige/Notoriety 5 and griefing "needs to be fixed" - "Needs some tweaking, or redesigns" - "It's something we need to look at"

"The fact that you CAN scam a player, is a problem"

JMBs won't be tradeable in the future? P2W?

Shaders are "a slippery slope", goes on to say that it should be an in-game function. (Crosshair customization, lower low-quality, colorblind mode)

Don't use Advanced launcher until they confirm Battle-Eye is ok with it. They may also implement the advanced launcher's features in-game.

Weapon balance "could be tweaked *a little bit*", talks about removing just 1 bullet from a mag (if that gives any indication of how little "a little bit" is.)

There's some interest in making APB "Competitive", but Matt didn't/couldn't discuss it at this time.

Edited by Guartorias
  • Like 1

I personally think that they should re brand it. "Gamers First" already earned its name Money First and people mostly have only bad memories when it comes to G1. Re branding would make people look at APB differently and I think that LO is all about the freshness.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guartorias said:

I just finished watching it. Here are my take-away notes (Can't guarantee they're direct quotes. So take it all with a grain of salt)

Hide contents

Matt says "I can unequivocally say there were false bans" - "We are going to unban 'the majority' of the playerbase." - "won't happen immediately"

When Battle-Eye comes out, they'll unban most people. Bans WON'T be broadcasted anymore. "Bans are a failure"

APB will be upgraded to UE 3.5, as G1 planned. In parallel, they'll be working on taking APB to UE 4

"It is near impossible to bring new content to the game as it is" (Working on UE 3.5)

"Do a new weapon or two, a new outfit or two - beyond that, new map, new mode" (Adding content)

"There are so many pieces, new pieces, sitting at the 90% mark. Literally waiting to be finished!" (Content, I assume)

"I don't think APB is P2W" - "You could give the worst weapon to the best player, and the best weapon to the worst player, and the best player will win every time. - It is a game of skill. The weapon doesn't make that big of a difference." (Stupid example  imo.)

"We do need to go through and update the cost of Armas" - "Some of the  pricing is a little obscene"

"We have hired one of the designers back from the game"

"You're gonna see us around (in game) - Having GM's in the game being present, talking to people shouldn't be a big scary thing. We should be present."

"Nudity is great, nudity is amazing! - There's no place for it in our game." - "With GM's in game, nudity should be a problem that solves itself"

on threat: "At a minimum, it has to be altered. At a maximum, it has to be scrapped."

"Shame on us for leaving an exploit in for so long - I mean it has a name!" (On dethreating. Also, obviously they aren't to blame for it, the "shame on us part" was Matt giving an example)

On dev stream or blog: "I love this idea, absolutely!" - "It's a great way to show progress to the community" (They should take tips from Digital Extremes, the devs of Warframe. Say what you want about the game, those devs are the best communication I've ever)

On login screen: "I don't think we need a loading screen for a loading screen" (He likes the old login screen, and wants it back. But has to check rights.)

Dodges (?) A question about extending friends/ignore. But does dislike the idea of paying for them.

Prestige/Notoriety 5 and griefing "needs to be fixed" - "Needs some tweaking, or redesigns" - "It's something we need to look at"

Shaders are "a slippery slope", goes on to say that it should be an in-game function. (Crosshair customization, lower low-quality, colorblind mode)

Don't use Advanced launcher until they confirm Battle-Eye is ok with it. They may also implement the advanced launcher's features in-game.

Weapon balance "could be tweaked *a little bit*", talks about removing just 1 bullet from a mag (if that gives any indication of how little "a little bit" is.)

There's some interest in making APB "Competitive", but Matt didn't/couldn't discuss it at this time.

" Nudity is great, nudity is amazing! - There's no place for it in our game. " What? So they are rewriting the line at "genitalia?"...? What exactly is nudity to him?

Sad to read about unbanning... this is really another down for me.

Edited by Ken2

3 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

" Nudity is great, nudity is amazing! - There's no place for it in our game. " What? So they are rewriting the line at "genitalia?"...?

From my understanding, they don't want any nudity in-game. I imagine people will still get away with it, if it's more artful and less anime breasts with "milk" on them.

Edited by Guartorias
THE B**BS WORD IS CENSORED AGAIN? IT WASN'T EARLIER! WTFFFF

2 minutes ago, Guartorias said:

From my understanding, they don't want any nudity in-game. I imagine people will still get away with it, if it's more artful and less anime feminine features with "milk" on them.

Nono yogurt on them, i mean, topless was totally allowed... i even wanted remove underwear for customization, we are not getting anything it seems.

6 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

" Nudity is great, nudity is amazing! - There's no place for it in our game. " What? So they are rewriting the line at "genitalia?"...?

They don't want any kind of nudity / racism / hate speech. It all speaks loads about the company controlling the game as well. Even though the game is 18+ it's a F2P game. You never know who is going to play it. Imagine some people wanting to sponsor LO and then they enter social district and see all the symbols with hentai faces covered in you know what or all the nearly nude female characters with biggest possible feminine features and asses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thial said:

They don't want any kind of nudity / racism / hate speech. It all speaks loads about the company controlling the game as well. Even though the game is 18+ it's a F2P game. You never know who is going to play it. Imagine some people wanting to sponsor LO and then they enter social district and see all the symbols with hentai faces covered in you know what or all the nearly nude female characters with biggest possible feminine features and asses.

Yeah, you are right... how could i be so blind seeing the games they managed. They will make the game as kid friendly as possible. Meh gg for me.

Edited by Ken2

gamersfirst is just the name of the website/distribution platform, it’s been that way for years

Little Orbit is the company, GamersFirst is the portal. So both will be there.

• Like 1

with everything that happend and the reputation that g1 gained it may be best to change it.

i dont think you'll lose future customers by not having the gamersfirst name any longer.

but im looking from the outside and dont know all the in and outs, so you probably chose the right way.

• Like 1

Do you have to keep their name around, no offense but you should burn it and bury it in the ocean. Gamersfirst is world re-knowned for their... uh... hmmm customer service.

Edited by Puffdragon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ken2 said:

Yeah, you are right... how could i be so blind seeing the games they managed. They will make the game as kid friendly as possible. Meh gg for me.

From what I understand, they've mostly been a publisher. Only recently have they moved into development. Still, if we don't like something it's up to use to speak out about it. We're having our voice listened to for the first time in a long time, let's not waste this chance nor ruin such a gesture.

11 hours ago, Guartorias said:

Reveal hidden contents

"We have hired one of the designers back from the game" (Doesn't specify if RTW or G1. Implies G1 staff is gone.)

Thanks for the summary, it should be more visible though, especially the part about APB-Launcher.

10 hours ago, Lixil said:

Little Orbit is the company, GamersFirst is the portal. So both will be there.

Hopefully you can clean the filth off of the GamersFirst name.

58 minutes ago, Freewind said:

From what I understand, they've mostly been a publisher. Only recently have they moved into development. Still, if we don't like something it's up to use to speak out about it. We're having our voice listened to for the first time in a long time, let's not waste this chance nor ruin such a gesture.

Nope, i had enoguh hints. Im really mad.

Sign in to follow this