Nerf or remove

mobile radar tower   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf Mobile Radar Tower

• Yes
    • No
    • remove it

7 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Use the satchel charge if thats the case. Press 4 drop it, move aside and shoot it once. Did u mention alig as a wep used by players with "zero game sense" ?

nope I'm saying radar tower is.

22 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

I do. I also understand that this is also a team game. There are moments where you can go on an absolute rampage. But most of the time, you require all of your teammates to be on the same page as you(harder to accomplish with random matchmade teammates but is very strong with players who consistently play together) , whether it's locking down a block where the enemy needs to complete an objective, or breaking the opponents defense to get to YOUR objective. 

Positioning and coordination is as big as a factor as weapon choice. 

I just offered you 3 free alternatives. The NFA-9, PDW, and the RFP-9. You don't need ARMAS weapons. 

The NFA is only effective at like 0 to 10 meters and both the rfp-9 and the pdw have to slow of a ttk. Mobile radar tower can't be countered. Like you said apb is a team oriented game and with a team mobile radar tower is at its most broken.

Edited by ForeverCrooked

Just now, ForeverCrooked said:

The NFA is only effective at like 0 to 10 meters and both the rfp-9 and the pdw have to slow of a ttk. Mobile radar tower can't be countered.

the rfp is basically a primary, especially if you have the fang

We had a similar discussion about car surfer, but instead the radar actually makes sense and it's a really cool mechanic, it shouldn't ever be removed.

2 hours ago, ForeverCrooked said:

The NFA is only effective at like 0 to 10 meters and both the rfp-9 and the pdw have to slow of a ttk. Mobile radar tower can't be countered. Like you said apb is a team oriented game and with a team mobile radar tower is at its most broken.

Yeah. APB is about playing as a team. Now, if you don't have someone on your team running demolitions... Then, again, 0 game sense.

Just now, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Concursions.

pls nerf

Please stop making these stupid nerf posts everyday.

Just because you cant counter something or you are just plain bad doesnt mean it should just be nerfed or removed.

People are entitled to opinions but this getting out of hand, somebody should seriously revoke the ability to make polls and posts for some <particular users>.

Im 100% ok with this mod. a liddle lame but a cool mod. You have to press tab and  early to counter play it. It Is a skill thing.

Radar jammer should have a lower rank requirement so people who don't feel like destroying radars can at least hide.

10 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

you want a gun that's good at cqc and is good at blowing up cars. weapons have to have a certain balance of pros and cons to make them seem fair. that's how you get complaints of p2w guns. 

take a look at the dmr-av. it excels in very long range combat to give you a fast 2-hit kill, and has higher "hard damage" to vehicles. keep in mind, this is a weapon offered through ARMAS, which has been described as a place where you can purchase things that offer an "alternative playstyle". 

whether or not if that vague statement means that they can offer a benefit without a negative, I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to get at. 

all they did was slap on more hard damage for the AV version of the DMR. 

if you find yourself lacking in cqc power, use your additional secondary slot. pick up an nfa9 or a PDW. I personally think they are both viable.

or a Joker RFP (aka mini-obir, aka crutch, aka pocket-rocket, aka who-let-this-pass-QC, aka why-is-the-sibling-variant-still-"bugged").

that thing is TOO strong for its own good. offers incredible mid to close range power for being a secondary. if memory serves me right, connecting all three bullets in that single burst causes 40 damage.

i type too much and no one is going to read this. 

I read it

10 hours ago, ForeverCrooked said:

I don't think you understand that taking an AV weapon will cripple you in most fights and yes I could take a fast ttk secondary but I don't have the g1c to pay for any of the Mountie variants. Most players only use AV weapons in vehicle mission or when trying to stop people from running. 

I mean, simply because APB has so many scenarios and no gun can cover them all, you have to make decisions, either have a loadout focusing only on fighting people and suffer from their vehicles or adapt and mix up your loadout. Whenever I use my ALIG, I run a smg secondary for CQC. Not the best, but I do have grenades, like everyone who's finished the tutorial.

Btw, I had a friend that used an ALIG for EVERYTHING. And she was damn good with it.

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

3 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Radar jammer should have a lower rank requirement so people who don't feel like destroying radars can at least hide.

That isn't going to work. Radar jammer only jams within 50m around you. Sure, you can jam it when you are about to run into it but guess what happens the next time you do that..

Not to mention that any other player outside of the 50m range can see you highlighted on the mini map so flanking and faking the jam isn't going to work either.

Maybe a passive mod that always jams radar towers (and maybe other "very balanced" car mods) within a bigger radius will help

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

That isn't going to work. Radar jammer only jams within 50m around you. Sure, you can jam it when you are about to run into it but guess what happens the next time you do that..

Not to mention that any other player outside of the 50m range can see you highlighted on the mini map so flanking and faking the jam isn't going to work either.

Maybe a passive mod that always jams radar towers (and maybe other "very balanced" car mods) within a bigger radius will help

I didn't mean use the jammer just to pass the car. and chances are, the jammer is close to the objective so the 50m is more than enough to cover your approach. Also, no guarantee that just because the jammer is on, they're passing the car, i can enter the area from any direction, you just can't see whether or not it was from the radar tower's direction (although, not sure if this is what you mean by faking the jam), so you fight "blind" and if i start shooting, gotta use sound to track me. Sure, it's not easy but it's something.

Hmm, a passive mod to automatically jam radar towers seems a little much. Maybe just makes the user alone immune to it. The enemy's radar still works fine, you simply don't show up unless you shoot

22 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

I didn't mean use the jammer just to pass the car. and chances are, the jammer is close to the objective so the 50m is more than enough to cover your approach. Also, no guarantee that just because the jammer is on, they're passing the car, i can enter the area from any direction, you just can't see whether or not it was from the radar tower's direction (although, not sure if this is what you mean by faking the jam), so you fight "blind" and if i start shooting, gotta use sound to track me. Sure, it's not easy but it's something.

Yes, by faking it I meant going any other direction than near the car. High chances are that enemies aren't all within your 50m of range and you will be shown on the minimap for the player(s) outside of your 50m range because that is the downside of jammer. So the tactic of faking it just doesn't work against a team that can communicate or even shoot at you.

23 minutes ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Hmm, a passive mod to automatically jam radar towers seems a little much. Maybe just makes the user alone immune to it. The enemy's radar still works fine, you simply don't show up unless you shoot

yes

6 minutes ago, Benguin said:

you will be shown on the minimap for the player(s) outside of your 50m range

Oh i know, it's just usually, when i'm using jammer, I'm already within 50m of the objective and it's a small area with short sight lines so even if you see me >50m away, you can't shoot me. Sometimes I'll enter that direction alone anyway so you focus on me and not my team.

But yeah, the better co-ordinated the enemy, the harder it gets. When all else fails I just drive in and remote det shit though so... yolo

Edited by ScarecrowXIII