Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SHEMER

Automatic system for changing the difficulty of the game

Recommended Posts

    Recently, the developers turned off the threat level in the districts. You are aware of the negative consequences of this decision. But there are also pluses. Now you don't have to hold back so as not to become gold. Now you do not need to specifically lose missions in order to reduce the level of threat. Now my friends can easily switch to one copy of the area. Matching opponents has become faster and easier.

    To combat the negative consequences, it is necessary to develop a difficulty system as in conventional games. This system should change the difficulty of passing missions, focusing on the level of play of players and teams. This system should compare the level of play of teams and players at the beginning of the mission and change the difficulty of the game for the team. After completing the mission, players should receive a reward corresponding to the level of the game. There will be no division into gold, silver and bronze.

    The system will change the complexity of the step for the team. For example, the speed of a player or a car carrying a load, the speed of breaking a door, the number of kills at the last stage of the mission. Also, the action of the system can be applied to the player without changing the parameters of the mission. For example, the stock of ammunition, and the speed of recovery of consumables.

   Correct system setup will automatically correct the balance of teams and players. The system should change the level of difficulty of the game after each mission, focusing on the result of the previous mission. There should be no delays when changing difficulty, this will eliminate the problem when the player throws grenades at his feet and injures the team. The reward for a difficult mission must be worthy. If one player pulled the whole team or fought one against four, he should receive three to four times more points in case of victory. Let's consider the situation from the point of view of a beginner. He will have more ammo, equipment is restored instantly, the time to capture a point is minimal - he has every chance of winning. BUT he will receive a minimum of points at the end of the mission. This encourages you to level up your game. At the beginning of the next mission, the system will increase or decrease the difficulty level. It is important to avoid a situation where the old player decides to cheat, creates a new account to defeat newcomers. The system should increase the difficulty after the first completed mission. If a player has not entered the game for a week, the difficulty of the game should decrease.

   

How do you like the idea? It is interesting to know your opinion.

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds awful tbh, why would you punish players for playing better?

 

you haven't outlined any sort of cap, does the game just get harder and harder until a player simply can't do anything but lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, glaciers said:

sounds awful tbh, why would you punish players for playing better?

 

you haven't outlined any sort of cap, does the game just get harder and harder until a player simply can't do anything but lose?

Any player has a limit to their abilities. The time will come when the player will be close to his limit. He will either win and receive a multiplied reward, or he will lose. If the player has not coped with the task, then the system will make the game easier. Difficulty should be constantly changing, responding to changes in the composition of the teams and to the actions of the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SHEMER said:

 Now you do not need to specifically lose missions in order to reduce the level of threat.

I wish you would have been banned for dethreating .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SHEMER said:

Any player has a limit to their abilities. The time will come when the player will be close to his limit. He will either win and receive a multiplied reward, or he will lose. If the player has not coped with the task, then the system will make the game easier. Difficulty should be constantly changing, responding to changes in the composition of the teams and to the actions of the players.

it just doesn't sound appealing - i like losing because i tried my hardest and the opp was better, not because the game decided i only get 10 bullets for the whole mission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I wish you would have been banned for dethreating .  

I despise such actions and do not want them to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second Weekend coming yeaaaaaah without Thread system yeaaaah it will so bad and many cheaters.

 

 

 have to accept  

 

When i listen balance xDDD i must smile then soooo long. I see many Lazer Ntec s and pistols who shoot faster then Machineguns. Everyone have macros this days its time to make a fire Dealy on some Pistols. But this will no happen LO listen to the wrong guys. The only hope is Engine update. That LO then do focus to the right things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he wants to make gold's lives harder just because they better lol... that's not something what's right to do.

I can agree that after update ppl left because of them, but mostly because of shitty balance we have. However it's not the solution.

IMO we should get back to segregated districts, BUT make that players can join districts ONLY with threat they have, not the level below it as we had. So, golds going to gold, silvers to silver, bronzies\green\trainee to bronze, just because there's not much difference between all of them, lbr green threat is useless.

At least it's better do that for sake of experiment, plus it shouldn't be that hard, eh?

 

Edited by Nagletz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly F@*# APB missions, they're all terrible. There are just one too many areas in this game where all it takes is 1 (either really good player, or cheater) to camp a defend objective locking everyone on the loosing side in a 5 minute farming session for the person who is dominating. Then they let you get the objective so they can farm more kills off of you in further objectives.

Objective missions should be either scraped entirely, or re-worked to be much shorter (much much shorter). We're talking like 1-2 objectives per mission. Then apply some kind of "cool down" for people you recently fought against. This help push APB back into the fast paced shooter it should be.

Alternatively replacing missions with Gun Game-like Team death matches, where when you K up the game puts 5 vs 5 or more against each other in a sectioned off part of the city for a fightclub/gun game style team death match. 

What about free for all? Come up with some BS "lore" as too why you have to "kill 'em all!".

CTF? APB's take the objective and defend it at your base which is 500m+ away from the enemies obj is just a bad idea. Instead some kind of traditional Capture the flag mode where "an outside source" delivers some kind of "package" and Criminals are told it'll help their criminal empire, while enforcers are told it will bust open an investigation. Then have it play out like Capture the flag.

(These are all things that are "for the future" and nothing im expecting LO to put in right this second)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

 

~@mayii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nagletz said:

So he wants to make gold's lives harder just because they better lol... that's not something what's right to do.

I can agree that after update ppl left because of them, but mostly because of shitty balance we have. However it's not the solution.

IMO we should get back to segregated districts, BUT make that players can join districts ONLY with threat they have, not the level below it as we had. So, golds going to gold, silvers to silver, bronzies\green\trainee to bronze, just because there's not much difference between all of them, lbr green threat is useless.

At least it's better do that for sake of experiment, plus it shouldn't be that hard, eh?

 

The purpose of the system is to make the game interesting. Gold players will not be harmed. They will receive opponents whose skills are artificially increased, opponents with whom it is interesting to play. At the end of the mission, they will be given an increased reward comparable to the difficulty level. If one gold player wins a battle with four silver players, he receives 10,000 experience points. If he fought one rookie he will receive 100 points. The higher the stakes, the greater the reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SHEMER said:

the number of kills at the last stage of the mission.

This might make VIP Missions a bit more habitable (if the system works right), but the better options are to either have 1 VIP exist on either team (like in that Asylum mission) or outright scrap VIP Last Stages off the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SHEMER said:

The higher the stakes, the greater the reward.

This is how it should be in every game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why don't we just implement an ELO system or the RTW system already?

 

Merged.

 

10 hours ago, SHEMER said:

    Recently, the developers turned off the threat level in the districts. You are aware of the negative consequences of this decision. But there are also pluses. Now you don't have to hold back so as not to become gold. Now you do not need to specifically lose missions in order to reduce the level of threat. Now my friends can easily switch to one copy of the area. Matching opponents has become faster and easier.

    To combat the negative consequences, it is necessary to develop a difficulty system as in conventional games. This system should change the difficulty of passing missions, focusing on the level of play of players and teams. This system should compare the level of play of teams and players at the beginning of the mission and change the difficulty of the game for the team. After completing the mission, players should receive a reward corresponding to the level of the game. There will be no division into gold, silver and bronze.

    The system will change the complexity of the step for the team. For example, the speed of a player or a car carrying a load, the speed of breaking a door, the number of kills at the last stage of the mission. Also, the action of the system can be applied to the player without changing the parameters of the mission. For example, the stock of ammunition, and the speed of recovery of consumables.

   Correct system setup will automatically correct the balance of teams and players. The system should change the level of difficulty of the game after each mission, focusing on the result of the previous mission. There should be no delays when changing difficulty, this will eliminate the problem when the player throws grenades at his feet and injures the team. The reward for a difficult mission must be worthy. If one player pulled the whole team or fought one against four, he should receive three to four times more points in case of victory. Let's consider the situation from the point of view of a beginner. He will have more ammo, equipment is restored instantly, the time to capture a point is minimal - he has every chance of winning. BUT he will receive a minimum of points at the end of the mission. This encourages you to level up your game. At the beginning of the next mission, the system will increase or decrease the difficulty level. It is important to avoid a situation where the old player decides to cheat, creates a new account to defeat newcomers. The system should increase the difficulty after the first completed mission. If a player has not entered the game for a week, the difficulty of the game should decrease.

   

How do you like the idea? It is interesting to know your opinion.

    

slowing down everything for good players and making them a lot easier for new players is just a way to make veterans quit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

why don't we just implement an ELO system or the RTW system already?

 

Merged.

 

slowing down everything for good players and making them a lot easier for new players is just a way to make veterans quit

Will it be interesting for you to fight with an easy opponent? A game in which you are like Neo, tossing Smith's agents like empty cardboard boxes? Veterans today have more reasons to leave the game. I am a veteran, and I am not interested in fighting bronze without straining my strength. Also, I'm not interested in fights with stupid jumpers who fire a pistol faster than Clint Eastwood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, SHEMER said:

Will it be interesting for you to fight with an easy opponent? A game in which you are like Neo, tossing Smith's agents like empty cardboard boxes? Veterans today have more reasons to leave the game. I am a veteran, and I am not interested in fighting bronze without straining my strength. Also, I'm not interested in fights with stupid jumpers who fire a pistol faster than Clint Eastwood.

its not my fault the enemy doesn't know the game and is matched against me because of poor matchmaking, but why should i have such absurd handicaps?

this way you would only make newbies play and veterans quit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...