The_Boss

No Threat Districts are a mistake

On 9/25/2021 at 6:12 AM, glaciers said:

riot sucked

no no riot was amazing. remember all the times dying to premades? remember not being able to get a match? oh the best part a contact that gave a stupid skin but you needed like 100 matches to earn. fun!

honestly if riot was a set of events rather then fortnite it could have worked. because adding battle royal to a free for all game is like toasting already toasted bread

Merged.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:20 AM, Bambola said:

That's me right there, I suck at remembering people's names, in real life and online both, but I remember one's appearance quite well. So yeah, we should disable custom outfits for the Fight Club and action districts 😄

you know how when you spawn in before all assest have loaded and you see that default char model. we should replace all chars with that, and then replace names with team names like

jim team vs jack team with jim 1 2 etc and jack 1 2 etc

there we shall all be uniform and the same, just like the USSR

On 9/19/2021 at 5:59 PM, AlienTM said:

No this is like playn blind and when you get destroyed in couple of mathches havin no idea whats going on-u just quit the game and never come back.The way right now at least u know who u up against and u can decide to play or not

The game originally had a mission prompt which showed your opponents threat levels and you could decide whether to take the assignment or not.

nRJChxt.jpg

(This screenshot is from April, 2010.)

It was not a good system, because naturally most players wouldn't go into missions against "better" opponents and matchmaking suffered thus. People need to get the notion out of their head that every match is supposed to be entirely fair. That's simply not possible. And you'll only grow if you face better opponents.

Not curb-stomp annihilation type opponents, of course. But being Silver doesn't mean Gold opponents are by definition impossible to beat. The way the threat system works, a Silver and Gold player can be closer in skill than two Silvers or two Golds, when the Silver is at the peak and the Gold is at the very bottom of their respective colour-range.

Taking away some information from players would be beneficial to their mental state, because the information might be misleading. Such as threat colours. Or rank.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:10 AM, Hexerin said:

Hide names too, people remember names of people who stomp them.

Disregarding the topic of this thread, I like the idea for the sake of novelty. Replace names with Enforcer/Criminal symbols and player outfits gain some significance.

Also short names wouldn't provide a miniscule advantage over long names anymore.

29 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Disregarding the topic of this thread, I like the idea for the sake of novelty. Replace names with Enforcer/Criminal symbols and player outfits gain some significance.

Also short names wouldn't provide a miniscule advantage over long names anymore.

as long as the symbols arent colored

i have no idea which g1 dev thought up the genius idea to use red symbols in a game where red name tags means enemy, but they should have been fired on the spot

On 9/24/2021 at 9:10 PM, Hexerin said:

Hide names too, people remember names of people who stomp them.

Notice how this can just keep going, which shows how pointless this whole debate is.

that would help me out.  My first attack is always with a rocket launcher because it never works well after they know I have a rocket launcher.