Spudinskes

Drop Primary Weapon On Death

On 6/16/2018 at 2:47 AM, Excalibur! said:

This been discussed in the past and ended with it being removed for a reason.

For example: i do not want that someone who killed me to take my legendary i spent so much time farming and enjoy it for free.

This shows a selfish attitude towards other players. The idea about adding a fully thought out weapon drop system is to improve the game by providing more fun to players and changing the game play to introduce more tactical advantages / disadvantages.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:31 AM, Excalibur! said:

So you are assuming everyone wants this added and legendary users want their effort spent in hands of everyone... yeah sounds about correct.

You die 20 times, and full asylum will be using your weapon. Do you even aknowledge how stupid this sound?

You are not thinking outside the realms of possibilities, instead you are too focused on the previous broken system.

Consider a system with restrictions, a weapon can only be dropped / used twice. (droppped weapons have a service life)

15 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

You are here claiming things and wanting broken mechanics, you are the one who needs to give pros and cons about it and find the statistics of your own claims?

What are you talking about legendarys??? I dont get it.

You are assuming he wants broken mechanics, the suggestion is to implement a weapon drop system that works. The legendaries comment is based on your example above.

If you want some kind of statistic here it is (inb4 using the same excuse "ppl voted no for a broken mechanic, the whole idea is broken".

Another reason this mechanic is not worth is because you can switch your own weapons and not leech from others effort, spent time or money spent. You got ammo cars, joker machines, mail box, yellow ammo box, supply box etc. to switch your own weapon and play like you want.

Again you refer to the ideas from a system which didn't work and automatically consider this to be the final conclusion on any idea to re-introduce a modified working version. To provide others with a gift whether it be for a limited time, to share a piece of your fortune and to play a game knowing that you added to someones fun factor should be considered as a privilege. The system which develops out of this will not only provide advantages but must be worked to ensure a disadvantage / limitation. Tactical reasoning must be a core fundamental.

Another reason: more laziness to unlock your own weapons. If everyone keeps taking other weapons, they will have less reasons to lvl up rolls to maximum 15 (which takes how many kills? 15000?).

More reasons: criminals could take ltl. For what? I dont know but thats enforcer exclusive.

More: you could pick one, kill pick another, kill etc. The broken mechanic still there even if you die. Imagine a dethreater in bronze district going rambo thanks to this...

Honestly, this is fun only in words... here i am to spit reality into your face.

There is no lazyiness, only the driving force / determination behind your opponent that wants to kill you to obtain that premium weapon he / she has never seen before. Perhaps they want to show you a piece of your own weapon, maybe they will regret doing so... Role kills are role kills, makes no difference as the said players might both be using SMGs / Rifles... Also there will be restrictions to limit any non working ruleset such as LTL weapons.

The current reality at the moment are people not looking to consider the possibilities and move away from their selfish morales / negative mindset.

More: picking up powerful weapons like explsives. You need pretty much rank a lot to get them or do the joker store exploit... Imagine a guy dying with opgl and suddenly everyone is using opgl because he would die a lot. RIP fps.

If this stupid mechanic gets added, i will keep buying opgl 3 slots and die a lot so everyone uses opgl lol. FC will be hell i promise.

There will be restrictions to ensure a dropped weapon has a service life, futhermore the Joker store weapons to unlock roles is not an exploit.

I am not sure about this... but server fps drops? They would need more powerful machines to render the amount of weapons droped, specially fc.

Dropped weapons will expire after a set time, this will have the same impact on FPS as currently seen when someone deploys a ballistic shield plus there will be a timer on the dropped weapon for it to expire / despawn.

People are bring ideas to APB,

• You can argument a point and say, well it didnt work before so no lets not talk about it any further.
  • Or you can use the previous attempt as a basis to argue your concerns.

Everyone that played the broken system knows why it didnt work and yes you may feel that such a mechanic (even one with zero flaws) should not be implemented in APB but without understanding the concepts of a fully working system you are being very dismissive. Usually people have an idea, you state points / weaknesses / strengths, listen to a rework of the idea, let the idea grow and continue to either argue for or against.

The positive replies (for or against), the ones which carry substance and show intelligence, will make better reading and show you understand the game. There is already another thread on this subject and it appears to me that only a few people are contributing in a constructive manner.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/1629-old-weapon-drop-system/?page=3

Move away from the "it's mine" "I did this" "my effort" "can't be done" "I paid"

Be a better player and look towards greater possibilities and ideas that can bring players together, it's never all bad unless that is what you make it to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Move away from the "it's mine" "I did this" "my effort" "can't be done" "I paid"

Be a better player and look towards greater possibilities and ideas that can bring players together, it's never all bad unless that is what you make it to be.

It's not going to bring anyone together, at best it would go along the lines of "kys so we can take your osmaw and camp ez"

This is a bad idea, even with the current gap between players

2 hours ago, -Dan- said:

It's not going to bring anyone together, at best it would go along the lines of "kys so we can take your osmaw and camp ez"

This is a bad idea, even with the current gap between players

With the right rule set this cannot happen, for example once the weapon drops, you pick it up.

You then die, weapon despawns.

Above assuming dropped weapons only have 1 service life.

Then if you were to say, well what if the original OSMAW user is alive and the other dropped OSMAW player is still around.

To prevent 2 dropped OSMAWS, there can only be 1 dropped weapon from the original player active at any one time.

This would avoid an OSMAW user dying 10 times and leaving 10 instances and the impossible likelyhood that the other 10 players didnt die during this period.

So with the right rule set it can work without breaking the game.

6 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

This shows a selfish attitude towards other players. The idea about adding a fully thought out weapon drop system is to improve the game by providing more fun to players and changing the game play to introduce more tactical advantages / disadvantages.

You are selfish for wanting such feature added in this game when there is already a poll indicating that the vast majority voted no.

I gave multiple reasons not to add it... you still insisting because YOU are the selfish.

You are not thinking outside the realms of possibilities, instead you are too focused on the previous broken system.

Consider a system with restrictions, a weapon can only be dropped / used twice. (droppped weapons have a service life)

Still the same issue... i dont want my weapon used, as i dont want my car to be used if i dont allow it, i dont want my clothes to be used, neither my mods etc. How is that hard to understand?

You are assuming he wants broken mechanics, the suggestion is to implement a weapon drop system that works. The legendaries comment is based on your example above.

He wants a broken mechanic... picking up weapons from dead enemies. Arent you reading???

Again you refer to the ideas from a system which didn't work and automatically consider this to be the final conclusion on any idea to re-introduce a modified working version. To provide others with a gift whether it be for a limited time, to share a piece of your fortune and to play a game knowing that you added to someones fun factor should be considered as a privilege. The system which develops out of this will not only provide advantages but must be worked to ensure a disadvantage / limitation. Tactical reasoning must be a core fundamental.

Well, i DON'T want it? Stop forcing something uppon me i dont want?

I will share my stuff with anyone i deem worthy, not forcefully.

There is no lazyiness, only the driving force / determination behind your opponent that wants to kill you to obtain that premium weapon he / she has never seen before. Perhaps they want to show you a piece of your own weapon, maybe they will regret doing so... Role kills are role kills, makes no difference as the said players might both be using SMGs / Rifles... Also there will be restrictions to limit any non working ruleset such as LTL weapons.

No words here, you are just spiting words because you can.

The current reality at the moment are people not looking to consider the possibilities and move away from their selfish morales / negative mindset.

Well, i dont want a game where i dont recognize it because people want stupid mechanics added that will force some people to leave... enough with the yellow mods.

There will be restrictions to ensure a dropped weapon has a service life, futhermore the Joker store weapons to unlock roles is not an exploit.

I don't want it with or without restrictions, really simple.

Yes the joker store allows you to cut a LOT of farming and lvl up the roll demolitions, time i have spent and now people can obtain it in a cheap way.

Dropped weapons will expire after a set time, this will have the same impact on FPS as currently seen when someone deploys a ballistic shield plus there will be a timer on the dropped weapon for it to expire / despawn.

People are bring ideas to APB,

• You can argument a point and say, well it didnt work before so no lets not talk about it any further.
  • Or you can use the previous attempt as a basis to argue your concerns.

Everyone that played the broken system knows why it didnt work and yes you may feel that such a mechanic (even one with zero flaws) should not be implemented in APB but without understanding the concepts of a fully working system you are being very dismissive. Usually people have an idea, you state points / weaknesses / strengths, listen to a rework of the idea, let the idea grow and continue to either argue for or against.

The positive replies (for or against), the ones which carry substance and show intelligence, will make better reading and show you understand the game. There is already another thread on this subject and it appears to me that only a few people are contributing in a constructive manner.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/1629-old-weapon-drop-system/?page=3

You can give a lot of explanations and ideas to make a waste useful, it wont change that will be a waste.

I had enough to compensate people that didnt play the game crying for stuff that they dont deserve. See how it ended, and you want more of it and turn the game in "i steal your weapon xDDD".

They can add it, but that right moment i wont stop playing and just buy expensive weapons and start playing like if i dont care so people can use my stuff freely.

10 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

You are selfish for wanting such feature added in this game when there is already a poll indicating that the vast majority voted no.

I gave multiple reasons not to add it... you still insisting because YOU are the selfish.

Still the same issue... i dont want my weapon used, as i dont want my car to be used if i dont allow it, i dont want my clothes to be used, neither my mods etc. How is that hard to understand?

He wants a broken mechanic... picking up weapons from dead enemies. Arent you reading???

Well, i DON'T want it? Stop forcing something uppon me i dont want?

I will share my stuff with anyone i deem worthy, not forcefully.

No words here, you are just spiting words because you can.

Well, i dont want a game where i dont recognize it because people want stupid mechanics added that will force some people to leave... enough with the yellow mods.

I don't want it with or without restrictions, really simple.

Yes the joker store allows you to cut a LOT of farming and lvl up the roll demolitions, time i have spent and now people can obtain it in a cheap way.

You can give a lot of explanations and ideas to make a waste useful, it wont change that will be a waste.

I had enough to compensate people that didnt play the game crying for stuff that they dont deserve. See how it ended, and you want more of it and turn the game in "i steal your weapon xDDD".

They can add it, but that right moment i wont stop playing and just buy expensive weapons and start playing like if i dont care so people can use my stuff freely.

Take out all your personal reasons, look at all the points you have raised, consider all my counter statements and look at what is left, an idea.

I am here to put forward good reasons that go beyond my own personal gain, nothing said is being forced and I can see that you disagree with the weapon drop feature regardless of its implementation.

The majority have not voted and some are fixated on the previous weapon drop system that was flawed. All the reasons you supplied have been criticised in a constructive manner and I have put forward ways to address all the issues you raised, this is the nature of a discussion. If other playeres had the ability to use my ARMAS weapons for a short period during a misison I would welcome it and be amused by the fact that I may potentially be killed by my own weapon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Take out all your personal reasons, look at all the points you have raised, consider all my counter statements and look at what is left, an idea.

I am here to put forward good reasons that go beyond my own personal gain, nothing said is being forced and I can see that you disagree with the weapon drop feature regardless of its implementation.

The majority have not voted and some are fixated on the previous weapon drop system that was flawed. All the reasons you supplied have been criticised in a constructive manner and I have put forward ways to address all the issues you raised, this is the nature of a discussion. If other playeres had the ability to use my ARMAS weapons for a short period during a misison I would welcome it and be amused by the fact that I may potentially be killed by my own weapon.

Ofc it is forced, a new mechanic that never been thought or added for years... if i knew i had spent so many time upgrading my weapons and stuff for others to use i would have left a long time ago.

I dont care how much you sweet it, you would be forcing people to do it anyways. Following your logic, anything from the other person should be able to be taken "temporary" -cars, symbols, granades etc-.

You keep giving the same excuse "other have thought in a broken broken mechanic and thats why they voted no", how do you know it that they voted NO as a whole?

You and the people that argues over this mechanic are varely giving reasons more than "i want to use other weapons to experience variety" not mentioning any negative impact on the game just to accomplish your end. See how selfish it is.

You already have an alike mechanic that is switching weapons, why do you in your greedy head would need to take others stuff?

Another negative impact on the game: you already may experienced in fc the one side stomp right? One team that gets filled with pusillanimous players because they want a cheap win so it ends 20v11 or those kind of numbers... some people in an attempt to stop them pull opgl, volcano etc (like i usually do), imagine them taking opgl and stomping even harder just because its fun and easy.

You, in your "selfish" head, just think about how much fun would it be to steal others stuff, i think way farther than that.

14 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Ofc it is forced, a new mechanic that never been thought or added for years... if i knew i had spent so many time upgrading my weapons and stuff for others to use i would have left a long time ago.

I dont care how much you sweet it, you would be forcing people to do it anyways. Following your logic, anything from the other person should be able to be taken "temporary" -cars, symbols, granades etc-.

You keep giving the same excuse "other have thought in a broken broken mechanic and thats why they voted no", how do you know it that they voted NO as a whole?

You and the people that argues over this mechanic are varely giving reasons more than "i want to use other weapons to experience variety" not mentioning any negative impact on the game just to accomplish your end. See how selfish it is.

You already have an alike mechanic that is switching weapons, why do you in your greedy head would need to take others stuff?

Another negative impact on the game: you already may experienced in fc the one side stomp right? One team that gets filled with pusillanimous players because they want a cheap win so it ends 20v11 or those kind of numbers... some people in an attempt to stop them pull opgl, volcano etc (like i usually do), imagine them taking opgl and stomping even harder just because its fun and easy.

You, in your "selfish" head, just think about how much fun would it be to steal others stuff, i think way farther than that.

1) Both threads on the matter refer to the old previous system which failed. As a result of this most of the replies that say no are using this as justification. It is very apparent from all the replies.

2) I have provided suggestions to fix the previous system which ensures it can work without breaking the game, these as a whole are to be taken as my reasons for having it return. If there are no flaws and it is well balanced out why not?

3) I have provided suggestions to balance any weapon drop mechanic to overcome the sided issues you state that may occur in FC

4) Reasons for having such a system if not clear from all the posts

• Allow new players to experience more, see what APB is all about.
  • Disprove the P2W element
  • Allow all players to try out ARMAS weapons, may lead to sales.
  • Help players understand weapon mods, see why better players are using particular config
  • Provide APB with more tactical elements, allows players to make a choice during combat which can add to the fun / experience.
  • Bring more fun to APB

Read what Dopefish said as his input covers some of these points.

5) I would like to share my weapons with less experienced / less equipped players.

2 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

1) Both threads on the matter refer to the old previous system which failed. As a result of this most of the replies that say no are using this as justification. It is very apparent from all the replies.

2) I have provided suggestions to fix the previous system which ensures it can work without breaking the game, these as a whole are to be taken as my reasons for having it return. If there are no flaws and it is well balanced out why not?

3) I have provided suggestions to balance any weapon drop mechanic to overcome the sided issues you state that may occur in FC

4) Reasons for having such a system if not clear from all the posts

• Allow new players to experience more, see what APB is all about.
  • Disprove the P2W element
  • Allow all players to try out ARMAS weapons, may lead to sales.
  • Help players understand weapon mods, see why better players are using particular config
  • Provide APB with more tactical elements, allows players to make a choice during combat which can add to the fun / experience.
  • Bring more fun to APB

Read what Dopefish said as his input covers some of these points.

5) I would like to share my weapons with less experienced / less equipped players.

How can it work after all i named??? are you that delusional?

Just now, Excalibur! said:

Every point you have made has been addressed.

5 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

1- It barely matters when its broken feature not matter how you modify it.

2- Read 1

3- Read 1

4-

-I barely give a f about new players, let them experience the game slowly and incentive them to progress with proper rewards no stealing weapons.

-There is no p2w, i dont want to share my weapons.

-Give them back trial or just like we all did, effort and spent time to buy what you think its useful.

-They can read and experience that themselves, like we all did. I enjoyed experiencing with mods gave me a reason to play.

-Is not tactical killing an enemy unload your weapon, pick the one from enemy and keep firing. Its just buff defenders.

-Is fun for you, i already gave my points why is NOT funny.

5- Fine, buy legendarys and give them away, what prevents you to do that?

It would be okaish that people who wants to fuck up the game drops their weapon, but not the rest. Or at least limit that to one fc map.

5 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

It may be adressed but i still dont want to share my weapons that i obtained with effort, how do u solve that? Calling it p2w which does not exists?

Try harder please.

Adressed=/= solved. And a broken mechanic will be broken doesnt matter how you try to protect it.

Edited by Excalibur!

9 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

2- Read 1

3- Read 1

4-

-I barely give a f about new players, let them experience the game slowly and incentive them to progress with proper rewards no stealing weapons.

-Give them back trial or just like we all did, effort and spent time to buy what you think its useful.

-They can read and experience that themselves, like we all did. I enjoyed experiencing with mods gave me a reason to play.

-Is not tactical killing an enemy unload your weapon, pick the one from enemy and keep firing. Its just buff defenders.

I respect all players especially the new ones.

Tactical elements are not just about picking up a weapon and using it. It is the process of making a choice during combat that can change the outcome of a given scenario. A well thought out weapon drop system would open up this area and provide players with a consequence as a result of their actions, as explained already.

Edited by ElectroStingz

2 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

I respect all players especially the new ones.

Tactical elements are not just about picking up a weapon and using it. It is the process of making a choice during combat that can change the outcome of a given scenario. A well thought out weapon drop system would open up this area and provide players with a consequence as a result of their actions, as explained already.

You can do that, you dont need to be a baby sitter. I only would help the ones who try to progress in the game and there is nothing wrong in it.

Thats why you can switch your weapon instead of picking others.

Just now, Excalibur! said:

You can do that, you dont need to be a baby sitter. I only would help the ones who try to progress in the game and there is nothing wrong in it.

Thats why you can switch your weapon instead of picking others.

This is not what the concept is about.

5 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

2- Read 1

3- Read 1

4-

It would be okaish that people who wants to fuck up the game drops their weapon, but not the rest. Or at least limit that to one fc map.

It may be adressed but i still dont want to share my weapons that i obtained with effort, how do u solve that? Calling it p2w which does not exists?

Try harder please.

Adressed=/= solved. And a broken mechanic will be broken doesnt matter how you try to protect it.

Since you care about your legendary weapons so much, for the sake of argument what if legendary weapons don't drop? Also what if we apply a swap time that's similar to the weapon's reload time, so people can't just pick up a weapon immediately after unloading and instantly fire as if you had double the mag size. Also the Tas is pay to win when compared to the normal JG. The Tas spread results in a much more reliable two shot, where as the JG has a very random spread.

Edited by Spudinskes

3 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

Since you care about your legendary weapons so much, for the sake of argument what if legendary weapons don't drop? Also what if we apply a swap time that's similar to the weapon's reload time, so people can't just pick up a weapon immediately after unloading and instantly fire as if you had double the mag size. Also the Tas is pay to win when compared to the normal JG. The Tas spread results in a much more reliable two shot, where as the JG has a very random spread.

Why do you even think its only legendary weapons? Do you think i got my fully ranked rolls for everyone to enjoy? What?

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Why do you even think its only legendary weapons? Do you think i got my fully ranked rolls for everyone to enjoy? What?

Why did I assume that? Because you talk about them in nearly every post. Are you normally this defensive when you talk to others?

Ok, for the sake of argument, mods don't get carried over to the dropped weapon. Only the base weapon.

Edited by Spudinskes

1 minute ago, Spudinskes said:

Ok, for the sake of argument, mods don't get carried over to the dropped weapon. Only the base weapon.

This is not a negotiation... by picking those kind of weapon would be better just to switch like a few have suggested.

7 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

This is not a negotiation... by picking those kind of weapon would be better just to switch like a few have suggested.

Who said this couldn't be a negotiation? We're trying to find a compromise that would satisfy both sides of the argument in a discussion forum. And no it wouldn't be better to just switch, because like I said that is 10+ seconds, depending on how fast you can click the menus and scrolls through possibly many weapons. During this time your team could lose the engagement.

Edited by Spudinskes

26 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

Who said this couldn't be a negotiation? We're trying to find a compromise that would satisfy both sides of the argument in a discussion forum. And no it wouldn't be better to just switch, because like I said that is 10+ seconds, depending on how fast you can click the menus and scrolls through possibly many weapons. During this time your team could lose the engagement.

Oh so you want the advantage to keep picking weapons and shooting like rambo... yeah no thanks.

I really dont care that you are trying to find a line inbetween the ones who want it are the ones who dont, i directly dont want it.

edit: lol spamming dislikes now, how sad.

Edited by Excalibur!

58 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Oh so you want the advantage to keep picking weapons and shooting like rambo... yeah no thanks.

I really dont care that you are trying to find a line inbetween the ones who want it are the ones who dont, i directly dont want it.

edit: lol spamming dislikes now, how sad.

I already said "Also what if we apply a swap time that's similar to the weapon's reload time, so people can't just pick up a weapon immediately after unloading and instantly fire as if you had double the mag size" in a reply to you earlier. The time it takes to pick up the new gun and begin shooting would be the exact same time that it would take if the player reloaded their old gun normally. Your reasons were that you don't want other people to benefit off of your grinding, and being able to shoot with double the mag size and I've responded to both. Do you have any other reasons to bring to the discussion? You're now just saying "I don't want it" with no argument behind it. I also wasn't the one that disliked your posts.

Edited by Spudinskes

1 hour ago, Spudinskes said:

I already said "Also what if we apply a swap time that's similar to the weapon's reload time, so people can't just pick up a weapon immediately after unloading and instantly fire as if you had double the mag size" in a reply to you earlier. The time it takes to pick up the new gun and begin shooting would be the exact same time that it would take if the player reloaded their old gun normally. Your reasons were that you don't want other people to benefit off of your grinding, and being able to shoot with double the mag size and I've responded to both. Do you have any other reasons to bring to the discussion? You're now just saying "I don't want it" with no argument behind it. I also wasn't the one that disliked your posts.

Its useless, making excuses to add it is just making it worst.

Why are you now cherry picking, you are not answering my comments completly.

Edited by Excalibur!

How about we don't cheapen the tactics of the game by allowing you to easily almost always have an optimal weapon for every stage without thinking about it, while simultaneously destroying the skill of being aware of your enemy's loadout and thus try to out-smart him and predict what he's doing.

Interesting topic, a lot of great suggestions for improvement of the previous "pickup" mechanic we had in the game.

I would not mind testing this mechanic before we would have it in the actual game. It's easier to judge this "pickup" mechanic once you actually play for a few days with it.

EDIT: At the moment, I would not want this mechanic in the game.

Edited by ExoticZ

16 minutes ago, ExoticZ said:

Interesting topic, a lot of great suggestions for improvement of the previous "pickup" mechanic we had in the game.

I would not mind testing this mechanic before we would have it in the actual game. It's easier to judge this "pickup" mechanic once you actually play for a few days with it.

EDIT: At the moment, I would not want this mechanic in the game.

I think this'd be a fun mechanic down the line, now I've only skimmed the posts here so I haven't read into the for or against posts.

Obviously this is something that's not going to get added right away or possibly even in the near future since LO is still getting everything together but I think it fits in with APBs fast paced gameplay, especially since swapping primaries can take a bit.