Jump to content
(PS4)grunge76

Threads regarding new engine beta testing

Recommended Posts

I see the threads regarding the new engine being in beta testing. Would someone from Little Orbit kindly tell me if the PS4 version is part of this?  I haven't played missions in so long due to how broken the PS4 version is and I'm alao tired of the textures/graphics not loading properly. They load properly less than 50% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ps4 has the new engine. It was pushed out fast for consoles and not properly optimized for it. Hopefully with them going through code the console version will get better also. When they release it for the PC. They should have it sent over to Microsoft/Sony for approval. We don't know when it will be released tho.

Edited by Valkyrja-
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

ps4 has the new engine. It was pushed out fast for consoles and not properly optimized for it. Hopefully with them going through code the console version will get better also. When they release it for the PC. They should have it sent over to Microsoft/Sony for approval. We don't know when it will be released tho.

Every update and game that goes to xbox/ps has to be approved  by microsoft/sony first. This is also why console would in the past, get updates "slower" than PC, as they needed approved first (it was also mentioned in release notes/blogs several times. While I agree they weren't optimized. APB itself was hardly optimized to begin with .-.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Every update and game that goes to xbox/ps has to be approved  by microsoft/sony first. This is also why console would in the past, get updates "slower" than PC, as they needed approved first (it was also mentioned in release notes/blogs several times. While I agree they weren't optimized. APB itself was hardly optimized to begin with .-.

Have you played the console version when it first came out? Holy God awful it was. The live pc version was better optimized then that crap. I just answered the OP question about things to the best of my memory. Each update did get better but I still wouldn't touch the console version with how clunky it is. I think I also mistyped when replying. I meant to say with the PC version is better optimized(if that's ever going to happen this is my opinion I just hate the way console version feels) that version needs to be ported and approved by M/S. All updates need to be approved. I feel like we literally just did a circle. 

Edited by Valkyrja-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole console-port-work killed APB on PC...

I hope they will never ignore the PC version again.

G1 only saw some coins rolling in from consoleros and just spit on the (much more healthy) PC community when they did the port...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, TheMessiah said:

check the roadmap..last news about console plans there

I don't have time to read through or try to look for answers.  It's faster, for me personally, just to ask.

 

Merged.

 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:09 AM, Valkyrja- said:

Have you played the console version when it first came out? Holy God awful it was. The live pc version was better optimized then that crap. I just answered the OP question about things to the best of my memory. Each update did get better but I still wouldn't touch the console version with how clunky it is. I think I also mistyped when replying. I meant to say with the PC version is better optimized(if that's ever going to happen this is my opinion I just hate the way console version feels) that version needs to be ported and approved by M/S. All updates need to be approved. I feel like we literally just did a circle. 

The PS4 version was fine for the first 9 months, until Gamers First started the holiday stuff.  This should be a clue for Little Orbit to start there.  The console version did not have the new engine upon PS4 release because Gamers First weren't the one's who did new engine stuff.  Little Orbit is the only one's doing new engine.  They (Little Orbit) even talk about how they were planning work on new engine for console in older threads from 2018.  I'm tired of seeing fog on door windows,  blurry street signs, blurry ugly custom painted cars with blurry symbols (imcluding blurry custom clothing) that's there because the textures/graphics don't load properly more than 50% of the time.  I was unstoppable with LMG for the first 9 months of PS4 release, then once Gamers First added the holiday stuff (Christmas 2017) Everything went to crap.  I played missions until my main character reached max and I'd very much would like to play missions again but can't until Everything is fixed on PS4.

For those saying buy a PC.  I own one.  Some things I like having on console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

The PS4 version was fine for the first 9 months, until Gamers First started the holiday stuff.  This should be a clue for Little Orbit to start there.  The console version did not have the new engine upon PS4 release because Gamers First weren't the one's who did new engine stuff.  Little Orbit is the only one's doing new engine.  They (Little Orbit) even talk about how they were planning work on new engine for console in older threads from 2018.  I'm tired of seeing fog on door windows,  blurry street signs, blurry ugly custom painted cars with blurry symbols (imcluding blurry custom clothing) that's there because the textures/graphics don't load properly more than 50% of the time.  I was unstoppable with LMG for the first 9 months of PS4 release, then once Gamers First added the holiday stuff (Christmas 2017) Everything went to crap.  I played missions until my main character reached max and I'd very much would like to play missions again but can't until Everything is fixed on PS4.

For those saying buy a PC.  I own one.  Some things I like having on console.

Like I said. Its my opinion. I'll keep my opinion on the console version won't change that it's trash. Also you stating the ps4 release didn't have the new engine is not true. They literally released the new engine(upon release) only on consoles. Also Gamers First did the new engine stuff before little Orbit bought it...(i believe LO bought it a yearish later from G1) The PC version hasn't gotten it yet. You can tell by the different UI, the crappy text etc. The shades and how the game looks compared to the PC version. 

 

Also the road map takes like 5 min skimming for answers for consoles... Donno just seems kinda lazy. You don't have time but you want others to waste theirs to answer your questions... 

Edited by Valkyrja-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 10:55 AM, Valkyrja- said:

Like I said. Its my opinion. I'll keep my opinion on the console version won't change that it's trash. Also you stating the ps4 release didn't have the new engine is not true. They literally released the new engine(upon release) only on consoles. Also Gamers First did the new engine stuff before little Orbit bought it...(i believe LO bought it a yearish later from G1) The PC version hasn't gotten it yet. You can tell by the different UI, the crappy text etc. The shades and how the game looks compared to the PC version. 

 

Also the road map takes like 5 min skimming for answers for consoles... Donno just seems kinda lazy. You don't have time but you want others to waste theirs to answer your questions... 

Well, the why, in Little Orbits older posts, do they state their working on a new engine to add to both tge console and pc versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

Well, the why, in Little Orbits older posts, do they state their working on a new engine to add to both tge console and pc versions?

They are working on fixes for the console version. The EU is already on the consoles. Literally Google it and see the differences. It's not that hard. They aren't working on a "new" engine for console. They are working on updates and fixes that the consoles desperately need. The engine update is NOT out for PC.

 

Also if you are talking about the EU to Unreal engine 4. That's gonna be a VERY long process. Just in case you were I wouldn't say they are working on it because almost all resources are pulled into getting the EU fixed and released (2.1)

Edited by Valkyrja-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, MonkaS said:

Buy a pc

buy a mac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 10:04 AM, (PS4)grunge76 said:

Well, the why, in Little Orbits older posts, do they state their working on a new engine to add to both tge console and pc versions?

You already have a version of the new engine on consoles (Unreal Engine 3.5) and its the only reason the game runs on consoles at all to begin with. The original work on the engine upgrade was started by G1/RP many years before Little Orbit came into the picture. The problem is that they just did a really quick and crappy job of it just so they can release it and get some quick money off of new console players. The PC version of APB (which runs on some beta version of Unreal Engine 3 with tons of in-house/homemade scripts and modifications to it implemented by Realtime Worlds) would never run on consoles. And thats why they rushed it out the door for consoles and left PC on the old engine.

 

What Little Orbit have been trying to do is pick up whatever progress G1/RP did on the engine upgrade and make it actually work and run properly on all platforms, PC and Consoles. The general plan is to get APB to run on the exact same engine build on all platforms which will make it significantly easier to work on and implement new features and fixes. Which means that console players will also be getting the final product of the engine upgrade and you will have pretty much every piece of content you might've been missing for some years now that PC has.

 

I imagine that public testing is only done on PC because its significantly easier to organize things and then grab the needed feedback and results from said testing on PC. Once its ready to go it will come to all platforms.

 

To my knowledge the console version of APB runs pretty poorly right now and has plenty of bugs but all of these issues should be ironed out once they've finalized their work. The engine upgrade is crucial to APB's future on all platforms. I recommend that you take a look at the APB 2021 Roadmap and the Tracking the Engine Upgrade thread where Matt Scott highlights the progress on the engine upgrade if you want to get technical with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...