Todesklinge

Why is APB so an unfair game?

3 hours ago, RespectThis said:

Try not to confuse something being harder to use with being underpowered. It is harder because you are lowering your own health therefore making it easier to kill you. Being able to take one less bullet makes all the difference in APB. That's why you have to adapt around that. Its like using Flak Jacket. Sure you can take more nade damage but it also means you have slower recovery time so you're more vulnerable to being killed due to your decreased recover time compared to CA2/3. Ya larger matches will make it much harder due to the number of people who can hit you at a time. 

Not even close to immortal. Its the most used because its strong against longer ranged engagements/chip damage. Also because people don't want to damper their movement speed or decrease their overall health pool. You do realize that CA actually does have a downside. CA3 your health regen starts very quickly but the amount you heal is very minimal. Its not very good against extremely hard hitting weapons. Just because its picked more doesn't make it overpowered in the slightest.

But the fact it is "actually" since ages, It's harder, underpowered and especially less versatile than CA3 XD

CA3 make you less susceptible to some weapons such as scout and in certain way weapons without big overdamage/ burst  such as Ursus, Oscar, stac etc...

Of course, I am not telling CA3 is owerpowered, but I dont see enough goodsides for switching to Fragile, unless you are a troll player  and like to swag a taunt fart+ healing spry after kill or arrest (worth it with some toxic tryhards, a hug to them XD ).

About Flak Jacket... healing spray+ low yield grenade (please LO balance a little its damage radius, sometimes is just so incosistent ) / brick or 8ball + healing spray make it  at least worth as a situational mode, I can't really tell the same about Fragile.

4 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

You are become immortal with Clotting Agent 3, thats why the mod is the most used in the game, it is overpowered.

Nope

On 7/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, Todesklinge said:

My skill is higher then average

Considering your in-game skill level, you're exactly the right person to ask.

Do you have any thoughts on the current grenade balance? Any things you would like to tweak related to nades, to make this game less unfair?

2 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

Considering your in-game skill level, you're exactly the right person to ask.

Do you have any thoughts on the current grenade balance? Any things you would like to tweak related to nades, to make this game less unfair?

I whould remove all grenades out of the game.

Replace the Grenade Slot for an Explosive-Weapon Slot, but with limitations!

We have the unused EOL-Grenade Series, remove the legendary Status and make them common for everyone to purchase (Armas or for rent in game).

The explosive weapons have lesser ammo, +1 open slot. The time to equip is longer and can not changed.

There is a weapon combination limitation. Every weapon becomes STARS for rating. Strong primary/secondary weapons have more STARS this means you can only equip NO explosive weapon in your third slot or just a weak one with heavy penalitys.

If you are using weaker weapons with lesser STARS you can equip better explosive weapons as compensation.

This is the perfect balancing of your weapon loadout what you can use in missions. Become more versatile instead of superior.

It makes absolute no sense if you have best primary, secondary and grenade equipment, to make other weapons useless. Like Anti-Vehicle, SMG, Shotguns etc.

Ursus 7 + Nano + Concussion = Godlike = broken unbalanced.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, Todesklinge said:

I whould remove all grenades out of the game.

Replace the Grenade Slot for an Explosive-Weapon Slot, but with limitations!

We have the unused EOL-Grenade Series, remove the legendary Status and make them common for everyone to purchase (Armas or for rent in game).

The explosive weapons have lesser ammo, +1 open slot. The time to equip is longer and can not changed.

There is a weapon combination limitation. Every weapon becomes STARS for rating. Strong primary/secondary weapons have more STARS this means you can only equip NO explosive weapon in your third slot or just a weak one with heavy penalitys.

If you are using weaker weapons with lesser STARS you can equip better explosive weapons as compensation.

This is the perfect balancing of your weapon loadout what you can use in missions. Become more versatile instead of superior.

It makes absolute no sense if you have best primary, secondary and grenade equipment, to make other weapons useless. Like Anti-Vehicle, SMG, Shotguns etc.

Ursus 7 + Nano + Concussion = Godlike = broken unbalanced.

Would u list out the weapons and declare what stars are them? 

I'll start for you... 

Main weapon:

Ursus 7: ******************************************************************************* Unlimited Stars (No explosive weapon allowed)

Secondary:

Nano: ******************************************************************************* Unlimited Stars (No explosive weapon allowed)

Nades:

Percs *********************************************************************************************************************************************************** Infinite cum Unlimited Stars (Uninstall APB)

Concs ************************************************************************************* Unlimited Stars (No explosive weapon allowed)

Please continue the list so the admins can have a better framework to work with... You're inspirational. Hope to see progress here. Cheers!

May i also add:

Todesklinge + 2012 + ability to type = mY sKiLL iS HiGhER THaN aVERage = broken unbalanced.

thanks.

Edited by MrBubbleTea

The Problem of every PvP game is, Meta.

Every game have this problem, but no game fix this... they are only Buff/Nerf and this is wrong.

It is impossible to make every Weapon balanced with each other. There are more stronger and weaker weapons, also give the weaker weapons more benefits in the game.

Benefits like better explosive weapons.

Maybe OSMAW and/or OPGL for using weaker primary and secondary weapons.

That means you can support your team better with thw explosives, but if you get focused by the enemy team, your team need to help you more.

This game mechanic gives bonuses and weakness for the team and this helps to give the team more tactics, if you can understand what i mean. More variants of team gameplay.

Right know the tactic in current APB game is, all of the team take the strongest weapon and destroy/stomp the opponent side and this is monoton and boring!

Most of weapons are getting ignored, why also add weapons to the game if no one takes it, because you can have weapons like Urus 7 that is dealing super damage on every distance.

Yes i get killed many times (me with soft sniper versus Urus 7 enemy on about 70m distance). I am faster dead with Kevlar 3 before i can shot the second shot. This is very unbalanced if a sniper rifle is weaker on distance as like an assault rifle.

13 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

But the fact it is "actually" since ages, It's harder, underpowered and especially less versatile than CA3 XD

CA3 make you less susceptible to some weapons such as scout and in certain way weapons without big overdamage/ burst  such as Ursus, Oscar, stac etc...

Of course, I am not telling CA3 is owerpowered, but I dont see enough goodsides for switching to Fragile, unless you are a troll player  and like to swag a taunt fart+ healing spry after kill or arrest (worth it with some toxic tryhards, a hug to them XD ).

About Flak Jacket... healing spray+ low yield grenade (please LO balance a little its damage radius, sometimes is just so incosistent ) / brick or 8ball + healing spray make it  at least worth as a situational mode, I can't really tell the same about Fragile.

Nope

Fragile falls under the same catagory as Hard Landings imo. They're both oddball mods. Sure they don't give you the benefit of CA3 but thats the idea of them. Fragile is for more speed and Hard Landings is for no fall recovery. They're both mods that the user has to be aware of at all times along with using situations to their advantage. I wouldn't really say low yields as much anymore considering the nerf they got. Even with medspray its on a 45 sec cooldown? 45secs is a very long time in APB. I wouldn't say that Fragile is a "combat mod" as in something you would pick for cqc engagements. Its more of a flanking mod and repositioning one. You're faster than normal and allows you to catch your opposition by surprise at a quicker rate. Where as Flak Jacket is clearly designed around being able to take more grenade damage than normal.

3 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

Every game have this problem, but no game fix this... they are only Buff/Nerf and this is wrong.

It is impossible to make every Weapon balanced with each other. There are more stronger and weaker weapons, also give the weaker weapons more benefits in the game.

That means you can support your team better with thw explosives, but if you get focused by the enemy team, your team need to help you more.

This game mechanic gives bonuses and weakness for the team and this helps to give the team more tactics, if you can understand what i mean. More variants of team gameplay.

Right know the tactic in current APB game is, all of the team take the strongest weapon and destroy/stomp the opponent side and this is monoton and boring!

Most of weapons are getting ignored, why also add weapons to the game if no one takes it, because you can have weapons like Urus 7 that is dealing super damage on every distance.

Yes i get killed many times (me with soft sniper versus Urus 7 enemy on about 70m distance). I am faster dead with Kevlar 3 before i can shot the second shot. This is very unbalanced if a sniper rifle is weaker on distance as like an assault rifle.

No, Metas in games are not a problem. There are plenty of games with metas that don't cause the games to be bad at all. APB's issue is the balancing of weapons is terrible as it is currently. 85% of the game revolves around cqc weapons now. Where as back in 2011-2017 you had a much wider variety of guns you could play with ease. What makes weapons "OP" in this game are the players who use them. If you as a player can excel at a weapon better than your opponent then you will always win. No, there shouldn't be bonuses and weaknesses to players. The team tactics come into play from you as a player. If YOU can't preform as a team with your teammates then thats on you. 

You also need to stop with these over exaggerated claims like "ursus 7 dealing super damage on every distance". It has the same range as the ntec. If you're dying to an ursus at 70m that is your fault and your fault alone. Maybe try not sitting in the middle of the street and sniping? If you're sniping someone you should be using cover (which you clearly aren't if you're dying at 70m). The ursus isn't and never has been unbalanced. Stop trying to have guns nerfed and learn to play against them correctly. This is why the game is in the state it is now. People crying about x gun being broken and then it gets nerfed. Then the next one and the next one. 

Also the fact that you think the nano is broken is pretty insane. A majority of people use the FBW or the Colby 45.

Edited by RespectThis

3 hours ago, Todesklinge said:

did you just say meta is the biggest problem and then suggest an entirely new meta?

come clean man, you’re just trolling right?

right?

Why the game have Anti-Vehicle Weapons if no one use it?!

Concussion grenade dont cost a primary slot and you can kill every vehicle with it, this is so unbalanced.

Why the Devs dont remove conussion grenade out of the game???

On 7/15/2020 at 6:13 PM, GhosT said:

• Clotting Agent 3 has the downside that you're <100hp for a long time unless you stay out of a fight for a longer time. It's fine.

Sorry man, but I'm calling fat bullshoot on this. CA3 is overwhelmingly popular, and if that's not indicative of "dominant strategy" I don't know what the hell is. If it were "fine", it wouldn't be the only really meta green mod. That's not fine, at all; having exactly one useful option is not fine for game balance.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, notMateo said:

Sorry man, but I'm calling fat bullshoot on this. CA3 is overwhelmingly popular, and if that's not indicative of "dominant strategy" I don't know what the hell is. If it were "fine", it wouldn't be the only really meta green mod. That's not fine, at all; having exactly one useful option is not fine for game balance.

There's two "meta" mods, one being CA3 and the other CA2.

The other mods aren't bad, just overshadowed by CA. The deployable changes were intended to help here.

Flak and valzipram or wtf is it's name are a great counter to greefers with car bombs and ones that keep driving cars and wanting to run you over. You own their car on time survive the explosion and most times they simply die from their own explosion and you get the kill. Every weapon and mod have it's pros and cons it all depends of the mission and situation needs and you switch accordingly. Oh and flak is good against granade launcher spammers too. Again depends still you need to act fast in every situtation APB is a fast paced game and can burnout a person easily. Most cases on missions we often changed weapons and mods cars etc because every mission have different locations and tasks and you gear up accordingly. If you are stuck on one and the same thing its unrealistic but at least make sure to learn to use it then. Come to think of it there was a time when I was on Ntec and uzi secondary all the time without any changes and I was pretty good with those. My temamate was a sniper and one was a heavy so we dominated all angles. But then again back then we didn't had nade launchers, volcanos, ntecs etc to worry about. Things are different now and hopefully they fix some things. In my opinion Ntec is useless now compared to what it was. I barely can land any kill with it, it misses a lot and on mid basically I am shooting blanks in most cases so I moved to other weapons for a long time now since they nerfed it. Even tho I run across some players who kill me with a Ntec on distances that even snipers fail to finish me off, these finish me off in a second on 100M sometimes maybe even more. Basically it doesn't even render properly the player he is that far away yet the death screens shows him moving somewhere in the distance and with what weapon he killed me. Speaking of snipers I also find them useless unless you have a team mate who is ready to land a fast kill on your hit. Because in most cases a sniper on 100M deals 50 damage or less and misses in most cases. I hit the enemy but nothing happens that is where teammate comes in from another side and finishes off the enemy. APB is all about team work and fast action. If you don't have a team and no communication it's really pointless to play missions.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

There's two "meta" mods, one being CA3 and the other CA2.

The other mods aren't bad, just overshadowed by CA. The deployable changes were intended to help here.

The deployables aren't particularly replacements for well balanced mods, though. So I'd personally call that a failure (in both concept and execution).

I think if they're all overshadowed by CA2/3, that kinda makes them bad, when placed in the context of the game.