Jump to content
blockblack

Something's not right, I can feel it

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, I haven't posted on this forum for a while, And sorry for shitposting last time, was just too bored....

 

So I have noticed a lot of weird stuff going on in my APB recently... here's a list...

1. "Remember Me" option doesn't work for 2FA, when I click it and try to login again it still asks me for code again...

2. When I click "return to lobby" on my account it logs me out instead of returning me to lobby even though on other accounts I return to lobby normally

3. I got a tradelock for 1 hour even though I got 2FA

4. Often getting stuck at "connecting to district server...." stage when changing district server and having to restart the game

5. I noticed something that's very unusual, I have 2 copies of APB, one on my HDD and the other on my SSD that are exactly the same, I am very sure, I have noticed that when I play on the HDD copy I get a very bad ping that's over 140 ms and when I play on the SSD copy I get a normal ping of 50 ms average...

6. Weird stuff happen on my HDD copy, for example it sometimes doesn't show loading videos and shows some random blank screen and in login screen it shows no-textures screen of waterfront

7. Random disconnects in my HDD copy

8. Disconnecting in HDD copy 50% of the times in the "entering world server" stage or "contacting login server" stage

 

So do you know why these problems happen? it doesn't feel normal!

(And no, there's nothing wrong with my internet, And I tried the "repair game" option multiple times for the HDD copy)

Edited by blockblack
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you should remove one of the APB copies weirdo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just stop playing apb, problems solved

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Solamente said:

just stop playing apb, problems solved

^ He is right ya know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blockblack said:

Hello everyone, I haven't posted on this forum for a while, And sorry for shitposting last time, was just too bored....

 

So I have noticed a lot of weird stuff going on in my APB recently... here's a list...

1. "Remember Me" option doesn't work for 2FA, when I click it and try to login again it still asks me for code again...

2. When I click "return to lobby" on my account it logs me out instead of returning me to lobby even though on other accounts I return to lobby normally

3. I got a tradelock for 1 hour even though I got 2FA

4. Often getting stuck at "connecting to district server...." stage when changing district server and having to restart the game

5. I noticed something that's very unusual, I have 2 copies of APB, one on my HDD and the other on my SSD that are exactly the same, I am very sure, I have noticed that when I play on the HDD copy I get a very bad ping that's over 140 ms and when I play on the SSD copy I get a normal ping of 50 ms average...

6. Weird stuff happen on my HDD copy, for example it sometimes doesn't show loading videos and shows some random blank screen and in login screen it shows no-textures screen of waterfront

7. Random disconnects in my HDD copy

8. Disconnecting in HDD copy 50% of the times in the "entering world server" stage or "contacting login server" stage

 

So do you know why these problems happen? it doesn't feel normal!

(And no, there's nothing wrong with my internet, And I tried the "repair game" option multiple times for the HDD copy)

Welcome back to posting then 🙂

 

In APB you can encounter so many strange things that you don't even imagine probably.

1. the "Remember Me" works only for the email to stay on the space, but not for the password or AutoLogin like Steam, would love to have that, like a AutoLogin for G1 accounts.

2. You need to activate the Token on the G1 account settings via gamersfirst.com, at this point you will have the change of login back to characters without get kicked out directly.

3. I really don't know how 2FA works but it's so broken, i wish we had other 2FA methods, like email messagges, SMS and more, like all other games.

4. Same, idk, i think the game glitch itself, i also get kicked instead of loading a district, but is not a problem of me, alredy tried to study that issue and many other peoples that i know have it.

5. Mhm.. strange.

6. Could be a drive issue, try other games on there.

7. Above.

8. Above.

 

APB is APB, you can't ask yourself what's wrong until they fix or say something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2fa was intended to stop tradelocks at one point, but little orbit ended up never adding that particular feature

 

 

Edited by Solamente
added stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got trade locked when I changed GPU drivers.

If you change something in hardware it also will force trade lock on you.

Kinda spywareish but hey, January of 2018 wasn't fun.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the old AssetCache issue and the latency it caused, on HDD's. Find and check that folder and just clear it to check. Game should clear it anyway so no harm in trying.

 

When I start APB I often can hear my cute neighbor start making indecent sounds after some gunfights. It's really strange that this always happens after launching and playing the game for a bit it doesn't happen with other games. I recently checked with WT and Pav. Nothing. But play some APB and it starts. I bumped in her not long ago and decided to tell her I play it and one of her legs started twitching really weird. When I asked if she wanted to chill and smoke she turned red and ran away. I have a HDD as well. I might just take her hand next time and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DeepLearningSuperSampling said:

When I start APB I often can hear my cute neighbor start making indecent sounds after some gunfights. It's really strange that this always happens after launching and playing the game for a bit it doesn't happen with other games. I recently checked with WT and Pav. Nothing. But play some APB and it starts. I bumped in her not long ago and decided to tell her I play it and one of her legs started twitching really weird. When I asked if she wanted to chill and smoke she turned red and ran away. I have a HDD as well. I might just take her hand next time and see what happens.

Maybe you make indecent sounds yourself while playing APB? That would explain. 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i disabled 2FA its annoying and doesnt work well. also if your cell phone's time gets unsynced you might have a hard time getting a correct code to login with... this has happend to me a few times and i had to manually change the time on my phone to get the proper code to login with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 12:19 AM, Alani said:

Maybe you should remove one of the APB copies weirdo.

 

 

That SSD is not mine, it's my friend's, I borrowed it do tests on it to see if my HDD is the reason, Turns out it was... for SOME of the bugs

 

Snipped removed content.    - Azukii

 

On 3/19/2020 at 10:48 AM, Mitne said:

I got trade locked when I changed GPU drivers.

If you change something in hardware it also will force trade lock on you.

Kinda spywareish but hey, January of 2018 wasn't fun.

Before I had tradelock I had AMD Drivers 19.2.1, downloaded new drivers for my RX 570 (Drivers 20.2.2) and then got the one hour tradelock...

 

Merged.

 

On 3/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, DeepLearningSuperSampling said:

Sounds like the old AssetCache issue and the latency it caused, on HDD's. Find and check that folder and just clear it to check. Game should clear it anyway so no harm in trying.

 

When I start APB I often can hear my cute neighbor start making indecent sounds after some gunfights. It's really strange that this always happens after launching and playing the game for a bit it doesn't happen with other games. I recently checked with WT and Pav. Nothing. But play some APB and it starts. I bumped in her not long ago and decided to tell her I play it and one of her legs started twitching really weird. When I asked if she wanted to chill and smoke she turned red and ran away. I have a HDD as well. I might just take her hand next time and see what happens.

How?... This is... paranormal...

On 3/19/2020 at 12:42 PM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i disabled 2FA its annoying and doesnt work well. also if your cell phone's time gets unsynced you might have a hard time getting a correct code to login with... this has happend to me a few times and i had to manually change the time on my phone to get the proper code to login with.

Ye but I am scared my account gets stolen, and afraid to find out and change my password when it's already too late and the abuser sent all my legendaries to their account...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...