chaoscody

BANNED SYMBOL LIST

On 3/18/2020 at 1:28 AM, CookiePuss said:

Here are police protecting Nazi demonstrators. This was just in July.

wKqwguG.jpg

nazi groups in USA are most likely FBI pretending to be white supremacists to lure potential terrorists

If you think it wrong...just don't do it

Because I'm a necromancer

Unless things have changed (I don't know personally) APB's servers at least for the EU, used to be hosted in Germany; which means, you have to follow German law. Or the people hosting the server get in trouble.

To that end, s86a of the German Strafgesetzbuch (a decent amount of Germany's criminal law) unequivocally restricts the right to use 'symbols of unconstitutional organisations' viz. legally restricted groups (Nazi's and Nazism, included).

For that matter, s86a (2) states that flags, insiginia and uniforms and their parts, are restricted. Furthermore: symbols which are so similar as to be mistaken for [them] are deemed to be equivalent to them.

Ergo, even if you take out the Swatiska, the essence of the symbol or uniform has NOT changed as far as the StGB is concered, thus - it is still illegal.

If the server is still hosted in Germany (I don't know about this) then it would be illegal, and LO / G1 etc can get in legal hot water.

I get that it's pretty funny to troll people, but this is less about trolling, and more about not breaking the law.

Edited by Intake

2 hours ago, Intake said:

Because I'm a necromancer

Unless things have changed (I don't know personally) APB's servers at least for the EU, used to be hosted in Germany; which means, you have to follow German law. Or the people hosting the server get in trouble.

To that end, s86a of the German Strafgesetzbuch (a decent amount of Germany's criminal law) unequivocally restricts the right to use 'symbols of unconstitutional organisations' viz. legally restricted groups (Nazi's and Nazism, included).

For that matter, s86a (2) states that flags, insiginia and uniforms and their parts, are restricted. Furthermore: symbols which are so similar as to be mistaken for [them] are deemed to be equivalent to them.

Ergo, even if you take out the Swatiska, the essence of the symbol or uniform has NOT changed as far as the StGB is concered, thus - it is still illegal.

If the server is still hosted in Germany (I don't know about this) then it would be illegal, and LO / G1 etc can get in legal hot water.

I get that it's pretty funny to troll people, but this is less about trolling, and more about not breaking the law.

It's not even that it's being hosted in Germany, and if that was the issue, then EU would follow stricter guidelines than US servers, simply because of that.

Such a list could be endless. Just relate to common sense whenever you think you’re ‘touching the line’. 🙃

20 hours ago, PizzaNinja said:

Such a list could be endless. Just relate to common sense whenever you think you’re ‘touching the line’. 🙃

Playing the Devil's Advocate: sometimes common sense actually turns about to be against the rules in some places.

Like, at one point it was against YouTube's rules to upload documentaries about WW2 Germany (heck, it might still be, IDK).

Maybe I want to make a symbol recreation of a photograph of a German Focke-Wulf Fw190. Historically, it came out of the factory with a paint job including a Swastika on the tail. Every photograph of a German Fw190 has a Swastika. So according to common sense, if I'm trying to recreate something historical and non-political, the Swastika should be allowed. It's a niche scenario where a symbol that is banned should be allowed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xnetexe said:

Playing the Devil's Advocate: sometimes common sense actually turns about to be against the rules in some places.

Like, at one point it was against YouTube's rules to upload documentaries about WW2 Germany (heck, it might still be, IDK).

Maybe I want to make a symbol recreation of a photograph of a German Focke-Wulf Fw190. Historically, it came out of the factory with a paint job including a Swastika on the tail. Every photograph of a German Fw190 has a Swastika. So according to common sense, f I'm trying to recreate something historical and non-political, the Swastika should be allowed. It's a niche scenario where a symbol that is banned should be allowed.

I see. What I meant by common sense is actually an awareness of taking into account of the feeling of other players, as it is very likely that someone will get offended by the Swastika. You could definitely recreate any Nazi transports, but perhaps APB is not the best place to do it. While I don't know much about Youtube policies, I believe that whoever runs this online multiplayer has a responsibility of monitoring the potential spread of hate. It is universally understood that the Swastika has strong connotation of the Nazi atrocities so this shouldn't be too difficult for any player to comprehend. I joined the game in around 2012 and the ban of Swastika has always been consistent as far as I can recall. So to me persoanlly, banning of the Swastika in APB is indisputable and should remain as it is. 

On 3/15/2020 at 9:15 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I heard underage APB players is also bannable.

You know the age restrictions differ per country/region right?

Closing this thread as there's no need for further discussion on the matter.

Swastikas are indeed banned.
So are genitalia and sexual acts.

If you see either of these things in-game please contact a Game Master or our support team https://support.gamersfirst.com/hc/en-us

The local laws of your country do not override the restrictions put down by Little Orbit.

You are expected to follow these rules and guidelines for as long as you play the game.

Here's a nice rule of thumb: If you are in doubt about whether a symbol is allowed... it's probably not - in any case be on the safe side.

• Thanks 1