So it's been almost 10 years since EA confirmed they weren't releasing APB in Australia. Since then the game has gone through several publishers, AU video game classification laws have become less strict (APB Reloaded was finally given an MA15+ rating in 2015), and getting games released in different regions seems easier than ever from what I've seen from other publishers. The game is even available to AU accounts on Steam, but AU PS4 players still can't download the game without using foreign alts and even then we can't get G1C without buying foreign currency, which we still can't use for characters on our primary accounts... 

Are there any plans to officially release APB on AU stores or reasons why not? Is it something Little Orbit has considered since they took over or brought up with their console publisher at all?

if its only ps4 users then the reason likely lies with either sony or the company responsible for publishing apb on consoles, deep silver

9 hours ago, Solamente said:

if its only ps4 users then the reason likely lies with either sony or the company responsible for publishing apb on consoles, deep silver

Buying G1C is blocked on all platforms in AU. I think people can bypass it by using a VPN on PC or switching store regions on XB1 but idk if that really works.

I know some LO staff read the forums and reply to some topics so it would be nice to get a straight answer from them. I tried sending a support ticket about it in 2017 and asking Matt Scott on discord in 2018 but G1 support just said it isn't available here and Matt said Australia doesn't exist. 😒

I'd also like to play apb on consoles 😐

being in australia prevents that.

9 hours ago, Vyxra said:

Buying G1C is blocked on all platforms in AU. I think people can bypass it by using a VPN on PC or switching store regions on XB1 but idk if that really works.

I know some LO staff read the forums and reply to some topics so it would be nice to get a straight answer from them. I tried sending a support ticket about it in 2017 and asking Matt Scott on discord in 2018 but G1 support just said it isn't available here and Matt said Australia doesn't exist. 😒

I purchased G1 from AU on PC just fine?

50 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I purchased G1 from AU on PC just fine?

It doesn't accept credit/debit cards at least? 🤷‍♀️

PlxTIiO.png

9 hours ago, Vyxra said:

It doesn't accept credit/debit cards at least? 🤷‍♀️

Hide contents

PlxTIiO.png

You gotta do it through paymentwall or faster pay merchant rather than direct.

This company is struggling to bring the EU servers to EU.What makes u think they'll make it to Australia my dude.

3 hours ago, scian said:

This company is struggling to bring the EU servers to EU.What makes u think they'll make it to Australia my dude.

Literally not even what this is about. A lot of online games don't have their own AU servers (for PS4 at least) but we can still download them from our own accounts and buy premium currency.

Play on console are you srs m8.

Just plug in a controller man in ur pc.

OP has valid questions that would benefit Australian players.

hopefully someone from Little Orbit will have time to reply to this thread to help clear this up whether it be good or bad news.

it is worth checking out,  i mean, there are still a couple of auss bros around

People actually giving the idea of Australian servers any time of day when the population of Australian players isn't high enough to support such a server.

lul

Nobody asked for an AU server here. I know it would be dead from the start and I'm fine playing in EU and NA. This topic is about giving AU players (mostly on console) the option to buy G1C, which we can't do right now, and open the game to people who either didn't know about it because it was never added to AU stores, or don't want to make a foreign account just to download it.

And no, saying "just play on PC" isn't helpful at all. Not everyone owns a PC and a lot of people choose to play games on consoles instead because personal preference is a thing. 🙄

• Thanks 1

Imagine having to follow Australian regulation.

Edited by Gro

10 hours ago, Deadliest said:

Play on console are you srs m8.

Just plug in a controller man in ur pc.

Did that last* year during "12 deaths of xmas" nothing better then winning a match with a controller against someone with a Razar mouse.

Consoles do have a few things pc doesnt which is why i kinda wanna play aus,apb. Console version in aus land.

(VBR Temptress in jokerstore is 1 example)

13 hours ago, Gro said:

Imagine having to follow Australian regulation.

you would have to know Australian regulation to imagine it.

do Australians even truly know it?

if its like the politicians in America then no lol

• Like 1