hey any sort of update on whats going on ,or even a hello" this is what we have done so far" would be nice

Edited by cyasoon

On 12/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, Julian Bull said:

I hit Matt Scott with a question about this on Twitter recently (basically asked "Any updates? Would love to follow along, even if it's just 'wow we're taking this thing apart and it's so weird'") and his response was this: 

I have a couple updates in the works, but I want to be careful giving off the wrong impression of where we are with the project. Still in R&D and ‘taking things apart’.

Which is exactly where I'd expect them to be at this stage, honestly.

Again, I think people underestimate how significant porting to a new engine is and how hard it is to get oriented to someone else's code - especially code that's a decade old. 

• Like 1

+1 We understand that is gonna take time, but updates are always welcome, even if its just the slightest of information.

• Thanks 2

Hello, Long time player took a few years off. I need my FE fix when is the game coming back? 

sincerely Thugly Mcsmokley! 

1 hour ago, THUG420 said:

Hello, Long time player took a few years off. I need my FE fix when is the game coming back? 

sincerely Thugly Mcsmokley! 

Not this year probably.

Guys and gals the lack of communication from the developers and admins who wants to really play fallen earth anymore. Theirs a lot better games out there and too be fair it’s only a handful of folk who want to play fallen earth anyway to be honest I don’t think the game will have a reboot but if it does in time I won’t be playing anyway 🙃 so enjoy life and let this old game die in peace ✌️ 

@demon666  (your name says enough) but who the hell (pun) are you to make that choice

Edited by cyasoon

This old game is way better than most what we see today.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Via private messages:

On 1/3/2020 at 2:40 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We have a couple other projects that have higher priority right now.

But there is a small team doing R&D on Fallen Earth to get it ready to go back into production when other resources free up.

I'll post an update once we have a little more progress.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 2

On 1/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, Demon666 said:

Guys and gals the lack of communication from the developers and admins who wants to really play fallen earth anymore. Theirs a lot better games out there and too be fair it’s only a handful of folk who want to play fallen earth anyway to be honest I don’t think the game will have a reboot but if it does in time I won’t be playing anyway 🙃 so enjoy life and let this old game die in peace ✌️ 

What you clearly fail to realize is , if there is no new information because of how they are decoding , then it is not lack of communication , but nothing new to say.

Furthermore that would only put you in the way of getting work done so it would be a better idea to not go overboard

It jsut requires time and some love devoted to rebooting the game, of course we wanna play it, the ones reading this and posting in this forum are itching to play it. The game isnt fully dead yet, a handful of folks are still trying to make it happen, we just gotta wait tho 😛

• Like 3

On 1/8/2020 at 1:19 PM, BlazingFire said:

Via private messages:

On 1/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We have a couple other projects that have higher priority right now.

But there is a small team doing R&D on Fallen Earth to get it ready to go back into production when other resources free up.

I'll post an update once we have a little more progress.

Thanks,
Matt

Thx for relaying.

It seems they don't care about us anymore, they bet on the release with a lot of new players...

Even the message he posted to you would be enough for me and it took him 5 mins.

Edited by Kishoot
  • Like 2

lets not sink a company on a rework that was unplanned when other projects were already in the works.

spreading too thin would only be harmful.

I'm not saying blind trust , but I am saying there's a lot more than just us going on so we need to be reasonable

• Thanks 1

Hello.

I was just curious about current state of Fallen Earth, because it was and still are best game out there today. I know You are very busy about others games at the moment what are in progress but can You least tell us does Fallen Earth sees daylight again.?  It is in my opinion best project what your company bought from previous owners.  Hopefully You have time to answer my question .

best regards 

Raul

Edit

Report reply

MattScott  9870

Replied: January 16

Hi there,

I believe Fallen Earth will see daylight again. We are still in the R&D (Research and Development) phase of porting various mechanics, so it is still very early in development. But I should be able to post progress shots soon. Stay tuned to the forums and our twitter feed.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 4

Even a post of just Hi we are still working on the Game is better than not hearing a word good or bad about it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

True Rubbermade , hope to see you  in FE reboot lands .

• Thanks 2