Sign in to follow this  
Lign

Game freezes more often than usual

First of all, I know that the game has problems with performance, everyone gets freezes every 5mins, including me. But after switching from the halloween patch I get them even more often. Sometimes the game can freeze 3-4 times in a row in 5 seconds. It is running on SSD with 16 gb 3200 ram and 7700k@4.8ghz. I noticed that I started getting freezes in the exact same situations when someone picking me from the corner with a shotgun shot or when I get naded. I had it before but not contstantly as now 

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lign said:

First of all, I know that the game has problems with performance, everyone gets freezes every 5mins, including me. But after switching from the halloween patch I get them even more often. Sometimes the game can freeze 3-4 times in a row in 5 seconds. It is running on SSD with 16 gb 3200 ram and 7700k@4.8ghz. I noticed that I started getting freezes in the exact same situations when someone picking me from the corner with a shotgun shot or when I get naded. I had it before but not contstantly as now 

I have noticed this as well, but thought it might be something on my end.

Interesting to know Im not alone.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

There must be a reason why I began noticing them. Before I was fine getting freeze each time the game collects garbage but now it feels like I get freezes x4 times more

Just now, Lign said:

There must be a reason why I began noticing them. Before I was fine getting freeze each time the game collects garbage but now it feels like I get freezes x4 times more

Could be.

Its so hard to say with APB, this game is nothing if not quirky.

Happens in Sims 4 too after the last update. It's on a global scale.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I have times where when i launch the game, it locks up my pc completly where i have to press the power button to shut it down and let it reboot (which is bad cuz it can damage stuff by doing it that way) so i havent played apb cuz of it for 3 months as im afraid that it will lock up and need me to reboot again

1 hour ago, ShaiShai said:

I have times where when i launch the game, it locks up my pc completly where i have to press the power button to shut it down and let it reboot (which is bad cuz it can damage stuff by doing it that way) so i havent played apb cuz of it for 3 months as im afraid that it will lock up and need me to reboot again

It doesn't lock your pc, just wait 5mins, I have the same problem if I keep apb as active window during starting

1 hour ago, ShaiShai said:

Mine locks up on the spawn screen, but if I open the task manager then re-enter the game, it will un-freeze.

Though you cant really do it fast enough to not have you character standing still doing nothing for a few seconds... Gets frustrating.

Yup I think it has something to do with the latest patch, game stutters way harder than the usual.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Mine locks up on the spawn screen, but if I open the task manager then re-enter the game, it will un-freeze.

Though you cant really do it fast enough to not have you character standing still doing nothing for a few seconds... Gets frustrating.

I cant even get that far, it comply freezes my pc to the point that i need to power down / up to get it to work again sadly, which can damage the hdd by doing that

3 hours ago, Lign said:

It doesn't lock your pc, just wait 5mins, I have the same problem if I keep apb as active window during starting

i waited 30min befor the first time i tryed, doesnt work, it comply freezes my pc to the point that i need to power down / up to get it to work again sadly, which can damage the hdd by doing that

Hello,

This topic has been moved to the PC Bugs and Tech Issues section.

Thank you.

- Azukii