Sign in to follow this  
CrocodileTears

Same old support...

So, like many of you, I've been skeptical of the new regime and their plan of attack with server lag, cheaters, etc. I was also really curious how their support system would play out. From my experience already, the quality is the same as before. Apparently there's only so much information that is kept on-hand and giving purchase history all the way back to 2012 isn't enough to help solidify claims. Lesson learned: take a screenshot of everything you have before you take a long break with a timestamp in the picture.

For those unaware, I took a break for an extended length of time from late July/early August of 2016 until earlier this year when I popped back in-game to play with a few people. My account was compromised and my legendary weapons were gone. (Edit: The people who took the stuff off my account left one email in a character's mailbox. This is how I know it was compromised and that I didn't just forge to claim my stuff from the mailbox.) The items that I for a fact know I had were a Yukon, Ogre, Ursus, Kommandant: Hearts, Volcano, Sitting Duck and quite a few huntresses as well as odds and ends of grenade launchers.

LO, I'm not even looking to be made whole again. I don't care about the lesser weapons as long as I can get my Yukon, Ursus and Ogre back.

My hope with this post is to make awareness to others and perhaps to get more than a single GM to look at my case. Perhaps a new community manager *wink* could talk with me about this whole thing seeing that I have multiple people who played that knew I had a lot of things. Whether or not this post gets flamed or ignored, I don't care. If it helps a single person from losing items that they spent a ton of time earning, then it proves to be successful.

Edited by CrocodileTears
  • Like 1

sigh really?

complaining about support when it's flooded with tickets? they openly said its flooded and that they are working on all those tickets.

and insulting them saying they're no better than g1...grrr

ill stop right here before i get toxic....and man you  make it want to oooze out for treating Little Orbit like that when they've barely owned apb for a month

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah... i agree my yukon just disappeared too...

Ima send a yukon photo to support in hopes they give it back, *wink wink* to cm.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

sigh really?

complaining about support when it's flooded with tickets? they openly said its flooded and that they are working on all those tickets.

ill stop right here before i get toxic....and man you  make it want to oooze out for treating Little Orbit like that when they've barely owned apb for a month

Did I complain about a length of time it took for my ticket to be resolved? I created the ticket the day it was changed in hopes I'd get some sort of response other than the standard we can't find information blah blah.

What I did say is the support is the same. Sure, Matt Scott admitted that support has issues. It takes a lot to admit that. I admire him for doing it. Hell, I've put 63.8 hours into the game (some idle of course) over the past 2 weeks according to Steam. I have every high hope that the game will be fixed and be fun to play again. 

But that still leaves me disappointed. According to Steam, I have 5,170 hours total in APB since I started playing. I provided every purchase receipt (Paypal/Steam) to support dating back to 12/24/2011, except for 3 or 4 Skrill payments. 

Now, go ahead and be as toxic as you want. In no way did I flame LO for doing a lousy job at running the game in the month they've owned it. All I did was make a post to bring awareness about the fact that what's yours in game can be stolen by someone else and you won't ever get it back. Oh, and to hopefully catch the eye of someone other than a GM through an email.

18 minutes ago, Provocate said:

Hey I feel like I remember ur name

I remember yours. <3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrocodileTears said:

Did I complain about a length of time it took for my ticket to be resolved? I created the ticket the day it was changed in hopes I'd get some sort of response other than the standard we can't find information blah blah.

What I did say is the support is the same. Sure, Matt Scott admitted that support has issues. It takes a lot to admit that. I admire him for doing it. Hell, I've put 63.8 hours into the game (some idle of course) over the past 2 weeks according to Steam. I have every high hope that the game will be fixed and be fun to play again. 

But that still leaves me disappointed. According to Steam, I have 5,170 hours total in APB since I started playing. I provided every purchase receipt (Paypal/Steam) to support dating back to 12/24/2011, except for 3 or 4 Skrill payments. 

Now, go ahead and be as toxic as you want. In no way did I flame LO for doing a lousy job at running the game in the month they've owned it. All I did was make a post to bring awareness about the fact that what's yours in game can be stolen by someone else and you won't ever get it back. Oh, and to hopefully catch the eye of someone other than a GM through an email.

I remember yours. ❤️

you just proved every thing i said and why im walking away shoo shoo

Edited by Fortune Runner

41 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

sigh really?

I thought his post was pretty constructive and if he got no help from support wouldn't that be pretty resembling of the previous support we all loved? Guy lost all his things and people like you fly in being more emotional than he is lmao

Edited by Provocate
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Provocate said:

I thought his post was pretty constructive and if he got no help from support wouldn't that be pretty resembling of the previous support we all loved? Guy lost all his things and people like you fly in being more emotional than he is lmao

complaining over support when its flooded wit tickets and  the staff made NUMEROUS  posts saying they are working on it...

I'm justified in saying  how yet another thread complaining about support is annoying

how many others on the forums said  the same words i did ? i lost count  along time ago.

that's not me being emotional when i say a few lines and you interpret  it any way you choose it is however me being blunt and to the point

also guy claims he "lost" them doesn't equal that he did..... that's for staff to investigate when they get to his ticket - others over the years made false claims some of which were banned for stealing to begin with

one final thing i wont comment on how i remember you two and what for..... would fall under naming and shaming so i refuse.

staff will decide on this for themselves

no further notifications will be received - forgot to turn that off for this thread

40 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

complaining over support when its flooded wit tickets and  the staff made NUMEROUS  posts saying they are working on it...

I'm justified in saying  how yet another thread complaining about support is annoying

how many others on the forums said  the same words i did ? i lost count  along time ago.

that's not me being emotional when i say a few lines and you interpret  it any way you choose it is however me being blunt and to the point

also guy claims he "lost" them doesn't equal that he did..... that's for staff to investigate when they get to his ticket - others over the years made false claims some of which were banned for stealing to begin with

one final thing i wont comment on how i remember you two and what for..... would fall under naming and shaming so i refuse.

staff will decide on this for themselves

no further notifications will be received - forgot to turn that off for this thread

Sure, you certainly are justified to say whatever you want. How you come across though is another thing. My post isn't being made to complain about support in its entirety. If you look closely and actually read it, you'll see that I provided some information. Maybe, perhaps, someone will find that information useful.

I love your use of quotes on the word "lost." Support can look into my account's history and see the login attempts, I'm sure. I provided them with physical addresses in my initial email. You would think they'd be able to use that information to look into it. They also have my purchase history, and in that they'll see that I kept buying JMBs when the nano came out and stopped at a certain point. Geez, I wonder why that is. I did the same thing for the Yukon and other guns. I bought the things until I got the gun I wanted.

Also, I'm curious how you remember me from 2 years ago. The people I had issues with at the time seem to have resolved themselves or are even forgotten. Maturity is a fuzzy bunny. It seems you have yet to figure that out. 

Edit: I love the swear filter replacement here.

Edited by CrocodileTears

Well that is the kind of thing they are trying to prevent with 2 factor authentication. Purchase transactions don't account for if you got those legendaries from those joker boxes.

They should be able to track the mail history and see that all your legendaries were offloaded for cheap on the marketplace, because mailing legendaries to other accounts is locked.

Depending on how long ago it happened, all they might be able to do is ban the person, you probably won't get your items back bro.

Kind of on you though, if somebody knew your email / you had a weak password, that was the problem, not Orbits problem. If you had any decent anti-malware program on your computer, its highly unlikely that you were keylogged.

3 hours ago, CrocodileTears said:

So, like many of you, I've been skeptical of the new regime and their plan of attack with server lag, cheaters, etc. I was also really curious how their support system would play out. From my experience already, the quality is the same as before. Apparently there's only so much information that is kept on-hand and giving purchase history all the way back to 2012 isn't enough to help solidify claims. Lesson learned: take a screenshot of everything you have before you take a long break with a timestamp in the picture.

For those unaware, I took a break for an extended length of time from late July/early August of 2016 until earlier this year when I popped back in-game to play with a few people. My account was compromised and my legendary weapons were gone. (Edit: The people who took the stuff off my account left one email in a character's mailbox. This is how I know it was compromised and that I didn't just forge to claim my stuff from the mailbox.) The items that I for a fact know I had were a Yukon, Ogre, Ursus, Kommandant: Hearts, Volcano, Sitting Duck and quite a few huntresses as well as odds and ends of grenade launchers.

LO, I'm not even looking to be made whole again. I don't care about the lesser weapons as long as I can get my Yukon, Ursus and Ogre back.

My hope with this post is to make awareness to others and perhaps to get more than a single GM to look at my case. Perhaps a new community manager *wink* could talk with me about this whole thing seeing that I have multiple people who played that knew I had a lot of things. Whether or not this post gets flamed or ignored, I don't care. If it helps a single person from losing items that they spent a ton of time earning, then it proves to be successful.

Did support go by the name of Puck? 🙂

how exactly does purchase history prove you owned legendaries?

How did someone else gain access to your account? Was it even G1s fault?

And regarding support: 1 million mails are still 1 million mails, no matter who gets to read and reply to them.

19 hours ago, illgot said:

Did support go by the name of Puck? 🙂

This time it was Dixie and not Puck.

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

how exactly does purchase history prove you owned legendaries?

It doesn't prove exactly that I owned the legendary weapons, however, it gives them a date and time to reference the account. But what it does show is that I had bought many boxes in the past and stopped after various amounts, amounts of which would indicate that I finally received the item I was looking to get. The first day the nanos came out, I opened enough boxes to get nanos on both my crim and enforcer.  IF they had the information backed up and saved for a decent amount of time and not a shorter period, then it would be relevant. Hell, they could have pulled up logins with that information and saw that someone other than myself logged into my account.

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Your name is super relevant right now.

Crocodile tears are fake tears. I'm not crying about anything. Crap happens, but like any other person who has lost an item in-game from either a bug, exploit, etc, they would want it back. It so happens that I lost my items out of my control and I would like them back. It can't be difficult to understand my point of view on this.

17 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

How did someone else gain access to your account? Was it even G1s fault?

And regarding support: 1 million mails are still 1 million mails, no matter who gets to read and reply to them.

I couldn't tell you how someone gained access to my account. I have no idea. I did have my email used in various forums/etc in the past, but not the same password.

19 hours ago, Laser said:

Well that is the kind of thing they are trying to prevent with 2 factor authentication. Purchase transactions don't account for if you got those legendaries from those joker boxes.

They should be able to track the mail history and see that all your legendaries were offloaded for cheap on the marketplace, because mailing legendaries to other accounts is locked.

Depending on how long ago it happened, all they might be able to do is ban the person, you probably won't get your items back bro.

Kind of on you though, if somebody knew your email / you had a weak password, that was the problem, not Orbits problem. If you had any decent anti-malware program on your computer, its highly unlikely that you were keylogged.

My password was 11 digits with uppercase/lowercase/numbers/symbols. 

Sign in to follow this