Sign in to follow this  
CanadianInfidel

RIOT MODE font choice and placement

Riot Mode Font choice  

28 members have voted

1. 1. In regards to the fat impact font..

• Create a sleek/compact design
    • Fire who chose this current font
    • Keep it.. it's amazing not being able to see

Completely different UI in general would be better...

• Like 2

yeah the riot UI is disgustingly cluttered, i can easily imagine it being almost overwhelming to a new player

add in all the issues from shoehorning new features into the old engine (only so many UI elements allowed on screen at once means objectives/names pop in and out of existence, purchase preset loadout prompts disappear after a time, etc) and you get a hot mess, just like the rest of riot

I never had this problem because im playing mostly in 4K but for who play it in a less resolution this could become really frustating.

A better UI would be cool, making some changes behind it etc.

The default UI in APB in general is awful. Not only is it dated now but it's always been cluttered with useless crap and pop ups that you can't disable through normal means. The RIOT UI emphasises how absolutely terrible it is.

1. Why on earth are there two different pop ups that tell you that you picked up a hazmat suit? If anything, I'd need a max of one.

2. Why does it have to tell us the district block where a riot device was armed (right under a larger text that tells you that it's either been armed by your team or an enemy team)?

3. Why does the DEVICE ARMING text have to be soo massive and in the middle of the screen where it blocks vision in a mode where it's ALL ABOUT seeing players before they see you due to the nickname system being different to the core game.

4. Why do we still need to have those big logos at the top of the screen reminding us which mode we are playing? That's pointless and blocks vision whenever you want to use your camera in smart ways to see over walls or cover since that's what you do in a 3rd person shooter.

5. Why do we need extra unnecessarily elongated messages everywhere telling us obvious things like for example the fact that the bribe stage is the final stage?

etc etc etc

Thankfully, Localization editing exists and I have fixed as much as possible through text editing for myself but you can't leave the UI the way it is now. It looks scary and stressful to new players who wouldn't know what the game is all about in general. It largely blocks vision, like 80% of the information that pop ups on screen is completely useless, you can gain all info that is relevant by just pressing M at any time to see which zones are dangerous.

APB needs a HUGE UI rework, from the ground up.

5 hours ago, Benguin said:

RIOT DEVICE ARMING

BIGGER

But seriously whats the need to fill your screen with letters. Is fps drop a feature now?

3 minutes ago, Flaws said:

The default UI in APB in general is awful. Not only is it dated now but it's always been cluttered with useless crap and pop ups that you can't disable through normal means. The RIOT UI emphasises how absolutely terrible it is.

1. Why on earth are there two different pop ups that tell you that you picked up a hazmat suit? If anything, I'd need a max of one.

2. Why does it have to tell us the district block where a riot device was armed (right under a larger text that tells you that it's either been armed by your team or an enemy team)?

3. Why does the DEVICE ARMING text have to be soo massive and in the middle of the screen where it blocks vision in a mode where it's ALL ABOUT seeing players before they see you due to the nickname system being different to the core game.

4. Why do we still need to have those big logos at the top of the screen reminding us which mode we are playing? That's pointless and blocks vision whenever you want to use your camera in smart ways to see over walls or cover since that's what you do in a 3rd person shooter.

5. Why do we need extra unnecessarily elongated messages everywhere telling us obvious things like for example the fact that the bribe stage is the final stage?

etc etc etc

Thankfully, Localization editing exists and I have fixed as much as possible through text editing for myself but you can't leave the UI the way it is now. It looks scary and stressful to new players who wouldn't know what the game is all about in general. It largely blocks vision, like 80% of the information that pop ups on screen is completely useless, you can gain all info that is relevant by just pressing M at any time to see which zones are dangerous.

APB needs a HUGE UI rework, from the ground up.

It actually drops your fps. In asylum when it started lagging a lot i disabled it and fps went up to max.

Hello

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section.

- Mina_

TBH the entire IU looks made by some indie developer. Hope it's not going to be like that when they decide to release RIOt, even if barely no one wants RIOT.