blockblack

Is my PC bad or the game needs an engine update?

I will add that I got better performance upgrading from an GTX 650 to an RX 560, and RAM from 8gb to 24gb, however, using an i3 Processor may inhibit your performance gains that any gpu will provide, depending on the generation of your processor. My game still sometimes loses frames, and will drop from 60 fps to 45 in intense gun fights.

My specs:

Crucial parts:

AMD A8 6600k OC'd to 4.4GHz

MSI AMD Radeon RX 560 4gb

24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz

Lesser importance:

Asus A88X-PRO Motherboard

Intel 120gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD, 2TB Seagate hdd

Anyways, don't try to just copy other systems, but to understand what will help you best. My A8 chip doesn't have great single core performance, hence why I should upgrade it to a better processor. In my case, a Ryzen, Athlon, or FX-8000 series chip would be nice. Depending on your i3 series, you could opt for a same socket i5 or i7.

In the end, APB after the engine upgrade will take better use of newer hardware, especially multiple cores along with multithreading.

Wait till engine update happens and check it yourself if you need new pc.

i3 3220, 8gb ram, gtx 650 ti gpi - 50-60fps, 0 lag, playing with this pc since forever.

If APB is so dated, can we built some sort of ultimate 2008 machine to run APB perfectly? Is there a CPU and GPU out there with just one massive solid overpowered core?

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

If APB is so dated, can we built some sort of ultimate 2008 machine to run APB perfectly? Is there a CPU and GPU out there with just one massive solid overpowered core?

You'd probably want a good Core 2 Duo from ~2010/11 and probably your current mid tier GPU would be fine. run at least 16GB of ram

10 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

You'd probably want a good Core 2 Duo from ~2010/11 and probably your current mid tier GPU would be fine. run at least 16GB of ram

I said SINGLE Core Hun, it's for the church. 

NEXT!

• Like 1

APB is a 10 year old game. It was released for closed beta a year before your processor even existed. So if your processor isn't good enough, it's the games fault.

12 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I said SINGLE Core Hun, it's for the church. 

NEXT!

r/choosingbeggars 

maybe you'll find your processor there

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

The lowest I would go is an overclocked Core 2 Quad or the Xeon equivalent X5400 series, clocked to at least 4GHz. Even then you'll get a lot of stutter.

A dual core will bog APB down. APB maxes out 2 threads most of the time in action districts, and then has dozens of other small threads running.

I have a 6-core CPU. APB has 46% CPU utilization while in social. One core is at about 90%, one is about 60%, and the rest fluctuate. This usage goes higher in action districts, up to about 60% full utilization.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

15 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

The lowest I would go is an overclocked Core 2 Quad or the Xeon equivalent X5400 series, clocked to at least 4GHz. Even then you'll get a lot of stutter.

A dual core will bog APB down. APB maxes out 2 threads most of the time in action districts, and then has dozens of other small threads running.

I have a 6-core CPU. APB has 46% CPU utilization while in social. One core is at about 90%, one is about 60%, and the rest fluctuate. This usage goes higher in action districts, up to about 60% full utilization.

The issue with APB's engine is the fact that it runs on a single core/thread. Most of all Intel and AMD processors have only slightly improved single core performance, all modern gains in processing, and power have come from hyperthreading, and adding more hardware cores. Don't go with a single core Pentium 4 obviously, but at this time, a 2010, or 2011 processor would be your best bet.

Earnestly waiting for the engine upgrade, so we all can actually get the multi-threaded benefits.

2 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

The issue with APB's engine is the fact that it runs on a single core/thread. Most of all Intel and AMD processors have only slightly improved single core performance, all modern gains in processing, and power have come from hyperthreading, and adding more hardware cores. Don't go with a single core Pentium 4 obviously, but at this time, a 2010, or 2011 processor would be your best bet.

Earnestly waiting for the engine upgrade, so we all can actually get the multi-threaded benefits.

Each generation processor has gained single thread performance, and APB uses multiple threads. There's some new features that need to be disabled to get the most out of the latest hardware, like HPET, but otherwise it will run APB better than the previous generations. High speed RAM also contributes to the single thread performance gains.

Besides, I know damn well you're not going to get over 100fps on a stock core 2 duo in a full action district. Even back in RTW it wasn't happening. Even if the game wasn't as CPU heavy back then, the GPU power required to render APB's horribly done particles wasn't available back then.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

It's not an issue with the person's GPU. I used to play on a pc that had radeon 7770HD with 1 gigs of VRAM and I had no trouble playing the game at 40 ish fps (with a8-5500, mind you). It's just APB being... APB.

• Like 1

I think is your cpu or gpu i run i7 3770 with 8gb ddr3 ram and gtx 1050TI 4GB ddr5 with graphic settings high and i maintain stable 60 fps average 80 fps even when driving but not driving  max 100 fps

Edited by RUN1