Dexelot

need weapon help

hello, recently i bought the cobr-a and idk which mods to put on it for it to be relatively good, are there any good mods for it? thanks

2 minutes ago, Dexelot said:

hello, recently i bought the cobr-a and idk which mods to put on it for it to be relatively good, are there any good mods for it? thanks

Refund and buy the NTEC 'Dvah' after LO drops the stupid ARMAS prices.

• Like 1

Think of the COBR as an automatic carbine for new people who are too lazy to tap fire.

It is OK at med range, but its better to use it as a hip fire cqc weapon tbh.

Improved rifling 3 for more distance. Hip and aiming, hunting sight 1 is good. Dosent affect hip firing much and is good enough to use at range before damage drop off. And eaither magpull 3 or 3 point sling. 3point for swapping from secondary for faster quick switching. Or magpull so you can hide reload and shoot continuously. Its only a matter of time before they run out of bullets in thier mag so you can rush them.idk if it has 3 slots but the first two if anything

IR3, RS3, and mobisling/tagger

It's basically a worse carbine with a lil Obeya in it. Honestly it's not that great of a weapon and out classed by the carbine itself. It's ROF is slow, and it's bloom is really strange.

Hip fire at close range if you have tagger, mobisling can help get you that ntec feel at closer range but I havent tried that myself. 

Basically, its just a worse carbine lol

Honestly I wish we had the pre nerfed cobr.

It was so much nicer

• Like 1

cobra needs a buff tbh...i wish u can refund it and buy the 3slot ntec or joker cr5

In my experience the only way I get the COBR-A to perform well is with Cooling Jacket 3, which I consider basically a must-have on the COBR-A. One could make an argument for Improved Rifling 3 or Heavy Barrel 2, but ultimately the COBR-A needs to be decent in close quarters, and seeming as the only downside the CJ3 on the COBR-A is more max bloom, and you should be bursting the gun anyways, CJ3 is the clear choice for me. Plus, the COBR-A will never be great past 50m, so IR4 is something of a waste IMO.

On top of that, I wouldn't suggest any sight mods, except maybe Reflex Sight 1 or Hunting sight 1 if you want to increase or decrease FoV in marksmanship mode respectively. I know some people like Magazine Pull on it, but I personally would shy away from magazine mods. Tagger or 3 Point Sling 3 obviously could be helpful, but I would not suggest Mobility Sling.

Basically the gun is intended to be fired in 2-4 round bursts, and its niche is being almost on-par with other guns both hip-fired and in MM, so its a difficult gun to use because it's sub-par at everything, but it's also almost on-par with every other gun at every range from 0-50m, so if you play it right I've found it's an extremely versatile gun. . . but. . . I only suggest using it in Financial personally.

The reason I only suggest using it in Fin is that, perhaps ironically, it's hard to make use of its versatility in FC or WF, because Asylum is primarily CQC, and as such everyone runs CQC guns and will roll you, Baylan people will stick to their range with a passion and you'll mainly be fighting HVRs and N-TECS at long range and OCAs and the like at close range, so you will, yet again, be rekt, and lastly WF is, rightfully so, often considered to be ruled by long-range guns, so the COBR-A will not shine. Fin, on the other hand, has a good balance of close and far ranges which you need to go between to complete objectives, so being moderately comfortable in any range up to 50m you can try to engage targets at whatever range is uncomfortable for them, you being mostly comfortable in any range. And since you're not going to *always* be fighting an un-optimal match-up like in other maps, it's not a huge deal that you're at a slight disadvantage fighting N-TECs at 50m and OCAs at 10m.

Anyways, that's my slightly long-winded take on the COBR-A, its most effective mods, and how to use it.

its not a very competitive gun unfortunately

running cj3 rs3 and just making it a shitty cqc gun can work 

43 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

its not a very competitive gun unfortunately

running cj3 rs3 and just making it a shitty cqc gun can work 

RS3 is honestly basically a downgrade to the gun, not to mention if you just intend to use it in CQC you might as well be using an OCA, so I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

Just now, PTCntte said:

CJ3 and HS3 will be good I assume

HS3 kinda' pushes it into a role it's not intended for.

10 hours ago, Kewlin said:

HS3 kinda' pushes it into a role it's not intended for.

So what would you suggest him to use RS3?