Sign in to follow this  
(PS4)grunge76

PS4 Update?

We were promised a major update to fix a lot of issues, including the texture problem, by the end of 2018.....  It is now days away and we still have nothing.  I'm tired of the blurry textures/graphics.  They don't load properly, more than half the time.....  Why can't Little Orbit, who supposedly cares about the fans, put up notices on the title screen of APB on PS4 to keep us up to date so we don't always have to search a vast see of topics on here.....  If I don't see an update by Devember 31st, I'm done with this lying, money milking dev team.  They're just as bad as GamersFirst, as far as I'm concerned....

Edited by (PS4)grunge76

On 12/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, (PS4)grunge76 said:

We were promised a major update to fix a lot of issues, including the texture problem, by the end of 2018.....  It is now days away and we still have nothing.  I'm tired of the blurry textures/graphics.  They don't load properly, more than half the time.....  Why can't Little Orbit, who supposedly cares about the fans, put up notices on the title screen of APB on PS4 to keep us up to date so we don't always have to search a vast see of topics on here.....  If I don't see an update by Devember 31st, I'm done with this lying, money milking dev team.  They're just as bad as GamersFirst, as far as I'm concerned....

Unless I'm missing something, you were not "promised" anything. 

If you can provide the relevant link to you claim, that would help. 

PC players have been waiting for an engine upgrade since about 2013 which would fix overall performance and the stability of the game.

Console ports have only been out for under 2 years and Little Orbit only took over in may last year so it hasn't been a year for them yet.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:13 PM, VickyFox said:

PC players have been waiting for an engine upgrade since about 2013 which would fix overall performance and the stability of the game.

Console ports have only been out for under 2 years and Little Orbit only took over in may last year so it hasn't been a year for them yet.

In the time that Little Orbit took over they already released 3 updates for PC but haven't done one thing for PS4.  I don't have to provide source.  PS4 was promised by end of 2018 in one of Matt Scott's forum messages.  He seems to only care about the PC fans, which in turn makes me feel that he is just another PC master race loser instead of a true game industry guy.

The engine upgrade was said to be aimed for the end of 2018

It was also said how once the engine upgrade is finished for pc it will make it easier to fix consoles and synch up all updates afterwards.

I do not recall any promise of consoles by end of 2018

12 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

In the time that Little Orbit took over they already released 3 updates for PC but haven't done one thing for PS4.  I don't have to provide source.  PS4 was promised by end of 2018 in one of Matt Scott's forum messages.  He seems to only care about the PC fans, which in turn makes me feel that he is just another PC master race loser instead of a true game industry guy.

imagine being such a true game industry guy that you'd just don't read his pinned posts and start complaining

as well as

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/11/21/updates-on-apb-development-progress

being able to read makes me feel quite good to be "pcmr" :^)

Edited by neophobia

13 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

Just read his blog post via Neophobia's link.

2) New Unreal 3.5 builds for PS4 and XB1 This is the other major priority for Q1 2019. We are one library away from starting full QA testing so we can submit to Sony and Microsoft. I know we have a lot of console players who are struggling with that version of the game. I’ll continue to post updates on our progress.

3) New progression to sync PC and console Once we get all three platforms on the same code, we are going to release 2 new contacts with new in-game missions and rewards.

Consoles are on hold with development because the PC version which was the original version is not up to date.

Little Orbit's intention is get all versions up to the same standard.

----

The Shame of the year for 2018 was Bethesda who milked dry the cash cow that is their fallout franchise, Fallout 76 used Fallout 4 assests, used false advertising and deceptive practices both to sell the game and within the game with microtransactions. Also Nuka vodka was later considered deceptive in description of their product over christmas.

And Shame of the Year for 2017 was of course BattleFront 2 with EA, a game with mircotransaction that was extortionate. A game with microtransactions that cause law makers across the world to consider if lootboxes were  gambling... Yet somehow the mobile phone market with premium currency and pay-wall cooldown timers is completely ignored with games marketed to kids as young as 4!

Honestly I question what you consider a "a true game industry guy" when the game industry can be quite condescending and manipulative indirectly.

All I'm going to say is GamerFirst did nothing for 3 years except doing the ports for consoles before being taken over by Little Orbit. I mean in total... they did nothing, no content, now and then there was the odd patch to fix bugs but no significant updates, no communication with the community and even at times they cancelled holiday events!

If you haven't seen how close APB came to dying again, then it is unlikely you'd understand how significant and beneficial Little Orbit has been, and it's clear they are genuine about the effort being put in.

23 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

you do realize that any and every update for apb is dependent on sony/microsoft?

its not like the pc where they can just patch it whenever they want and if something is broken they can bring the game down again for a fix - i think a g1 blog post talked about it being a month at minimum to pass thru sony/microsoft qa

23 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

I don't have to provide source.  PS4 was promised by end of 2018 in one of Matt Scott's forum messages

this makes you a tool, orbit has gone very far out of their way to avoid giving concrete dates and to temper the expectations about the dates they do give

unless you find the actual source it’s pretty hard to take you serious at this point

On 1/6/2019 at 3:35 PM, (PS4)grunge76 said:

If you don't provide the source then you have no credibility.  Matt never promised an update by the end of 2018.  Multiple people have been telling you that for over a week, so maybe you should listen.  The PC engine upgrade needs to happen first so they can get the two versions unified and they'll be able to work on them both simultaneously.  Once that happens you guys will get all of the same features the PC version has like the music editor, themes, day/night cycle, etc.  Don't you want that?  Or do you just want more half assed updates like the ones you got from G1 since that clearly unfinished pile was released on consoles?

Edited by BrandonBranderson