IronBolt

Driving System

Could the driving system please get some love . The driving system is weird and just doesn't feel right . I love the customization in this game but I cant enjoy it to the fullest because of the weird driving system . Thanks and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What would you change?

i guess he'd probably want clientside

(to reduce latency when controlling and introduce a whole variety of new issues)

or cars that are not driving on ice

and flipping over "randomly"

and getting stuck under telephones

however... very constructive op, yes

"ite weird"

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, neophobia said:

i guess he'd probably want clientside

(to reduce latency when controlling and introduce a whole variety of new issues)

or cars that are not driving on ice

and flipping over "randomly"

and getting stuck under telephones

however... very constructive op, yes

"ite weird"

neo basically covered every thing expectably the first point but if its gonna cause more problems than its worth I guess ill have to live with it 

16 hours ago, IronBolt said:

neo basically covered every thing expectably the first point but if its gonna cause more problems than its worth I guess ill have to live with it 

Yeah the clientside driving physics are a really bad idea.  Have you ever played Need For Speed: World?  If you have then you know what I'm talking about.  Cars teleporting, flying, teleporting into you causing you to spin out, etc.

The driving being serverside is what makes it so consistent in APB.

• Like 1

in love nfs world even wha

when it started crashing and glitching all over the place good times : ) rip nfs world

They should make breakable posts cuz i'm tired of running into a 5-10cm diameter cilinder of a few mm of hollow metal and losing all my speed. You know which ''posts'' i'm talking about. The true form of the concept ''immovable object'', lads.

Other than that, cars that don't slide around constantly would be nice.

Edited by _chain

13 minutes ago, _chain said:

They should make breakable posts cuz i'm tired of running into a 5-10cm diameter cilinder of a few mm of hollow metal and losing all my speed. You know which ''posts'' i'm talking about. The true form of the concept ''immovable object'', lads.

Other than that, cars that don't slide around constantly would be nice.

So avoid hitting those poles?

I like the driving in APB. Whenever I play a game like GTA V or Wildlands or something the driving is overly responsive. I don't like being able to turn on a dime. It feels really unrealistic. The cars in APB have an actual feel to them. I'd be disappointed if they changed the driving mechanics.

However, that doesn't mean the driving is 100% bug free. There are things that need to be "fixed."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

So avoid hitting those poles?

Another one like this? There's something in me that attracts you people.

Why have them unbreakable in the first place? It's just bad environment design at this point.

Edited by _chain

1 minute ago, _chain said:

Another one like this? There's something in me that attracts you people.

Why have them unbreakable in the first place then?

Why are you unable to avoid them? I don't seem to have any issues running into the same indestructible poles over and over. I steer around them. 

Looking at the engine upgrade videos, get ready for more indestructible shit on the side of the roads. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

The cars in APB have an actual feel to them. I'd be disappointed if they changed the driving mechanics.

However, that doesn't mean the driving is 100% bug free. There are things that need to be "fixed."

Yeah that's what I feel about it too, it's a matter of driving skill i guess. I mean if you turn at the intersection with full speed the car should slide and have a big curve radius.
But as you also said, there are a lot of buggy things as incorrect tires physics, sport cars suspensions being too loose, cars flipping in certain situations etc.

31 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Why are you unable to avoid them? I don't seem to have any issues (...) I steer around them. 

Why assume i keep doing it over and over like it's a hobby bub? Never got pushed into one/had no space to drive elsewhere making you run into those have you?

It would be nice if the cars had more traction though.  TBH I liked the old driving physics better.  Sure you would roll over a lot more but it felt more weighty than it does now and you did have more traction back then.  Plus the switch to the current driving physics is why some vehicles have pretty much zero suspension like the Vegas, Pioneer, and Kolva.  It might just be rose tinted glasses at this point because it's been so long but I prefer vehicles not being actually broken.