Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Player1

Is the RFP to strong ?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Thank you captain obvious, did you bother to read my statement? I said I'm not taking either side, I'm simply stating that TTK is not the only thing to factor in when making an argument for or against a weapon.

lol... unreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2018 at 1:45 AM, neophobia said:

yeah, make the game p2w, this gun should cost you 500$ instead of being acquireable by everyone since it is a good gun.

 

???

I didn't say make the game pay to win, im saying a Trainee who has put no time into the game or effort shouldn't be able to buy a gun that is better than my 4 MILLION $apb Yukon that in marksmanship mode is a FOUR burst kill at SHORT - MAYBE MID range where the RFP is short/mid 3 burst kill guarantee and a 4 burst at long range most of the time..... THAT is BROKEN.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, pikckyy said:

I didn't say make the game pay to win, im saying a Trainee who has put no time into the game or effort shouldn't be able to buy a gun that is better than my 4 MILLION $apb Yukon that in marksmanship mode is a FOUR burst kill at SHORT - MAYBE MID range where the RFP is short/mid 3 burst kill guarantee and a 4 burst at long range most of the time..... THAT is BROKEN.

why not? should they get stomped by you instead?

 

and sorry that yukon got "nerfed". it was just broken before.

and if you look at the yukon... it has a 20% lower min TTK - as a trade off it's less accurate. the rfp is not fine as-is, but the yukon is just made for shorter ranges - obviously.

and it stays at it's accuracy, whereas the rfp should get less accurate with every burst (just looking at the bare stats.)

 

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Pistol_Mountie_PR1_ArmasJB

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_Pistol_RFP9

 

of course the yukon shouldn't be straight up better than the RFP. it isn't - same goes for RFP though.

 

and "noobs" should have good options too - like, why should they have worse weapons than anyone?

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, neophobia said:

and "noobs" should have good options too - like, why should they have worse weapons than anyone?

Agreed.

Especially when they already have to deal with detcars, carsurfers, low yields and to add insult to the injury no conc nor explosive weapons to deal with cars, so if their opponent chooses to have bullet proof on a pioneer/espacio/vegas their only option is hitting perfectly timed regular nades twice since ALIG would be virtually useless.

Not to mention unmodded basic weapons vs IR3'd NTEC-5 & high map awareness, plus using every dirty tricks in the books like shieldladders, flipping objective cars over and using the blowtorch to fix them etc...

I think noobs have enough bullshoot to deal with as is without adding more grind-to-win for people who can't get good no matter how long they play.

 

 

As for the RFP-9 I've been using it while playing in brainless-mode recently and it's definitely above average. Not the 40% health damage burst at a mid-close range that is ridiculously easy to hit, but the sustained long range damage that can deter AR users from closing in on you. It won't win a 1v2 fight, but you can stall a good minute while your teamates flanks/clears the objective.

A nerf on the reload time sounds like a good way to balance this imo, around 1.8~2 seconds sounds right to me. It would make the long range bullshoot more bearable, but it will also make close ranged interractions more of a pain, so there's that to take into consideration too.

Of course you could just take the easy way out and nerf the hell out of the min damage or accuracy but then the RFP would become something else entirely, and you can't really change the TTK/burst interval either without making it an absolutely worthless weapon.

 

Yeah, it's incredibly easy to use, useful in almost any situation and has decent TTK. But then again, is being "slightly bullshittey" OP enough to warrant a nerf? Maybe but probably not. Besides secondary weapons have like portable submachine-guns, mini shotguns at this point so why not a pocket OBIR? The only thing the secondary weapon category is lacking right now is a high hard damage weapon and we're set.

It's definitely OP enough to make yukon users salty tho.

 

And for the IR3 straight upgrade stuff, guess what? there's tons of secondaries like that, like the N-FA 9 "Quickdraw".

Edited by Onadan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 2:29 PM, CookiePuss said:

I think what we need is a month where all of the good players out there (not me), use nothing but off-meta weapons. 

Then, maybe after a month of getting rekt by any weapon a better player uses against them we would see less of these types of threads.

 

Side Note: add the Fang to the joker store... let people see its not some super gun.

This would only prove a good player can beat a bad player with any tool, though. It might give those players an edge who are really close to being among "the best", but can only quite cut it when min-maxing their equipment.

Heck, it might even lead to players who consider themselves "the best" to realise they get carried somewhat by their guns. Might lead to more such threads!

 

On 11/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, Ketog said:

the range is fine , the minimum damage isn't .

Should be 125 damage per shot, eight hits to kill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

This would only prove a good player can beat a bad player with any tool, though. It might give those players an edge who are really close to being among "the best", but can only quite cut it when min-maxing their equipment.

Heck, it might even lead to players who consider themselves "the best" to realise they get carried somewhat by their guns. Might lead to more such threads!

 

 

oof... touche

 

 

Honestly, if I was going to change the rfp, Id nerf its hipfire accuracy, making it more of a ranged only weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

oof... touche

 

 

Honestly, if I was going to change the rfp, Id nerf its hipfire accuracy, making it more of a ranged only weapon. 

I still think it'd need something to reduce its effectiveness at range - it easily outclasses the ACT and RSA

Buffing the ACT and RSA to its level would just create two equally annoying guns 😛 (though these two still need a little tune up)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nitronik said:

I still think it'd need something to reduce its effectiveness at range - it easily outclasses the ACT and RSA

Buffing the ACT and RSA to its level would just create two equally annoying guns 😛 (though these two still need a little tune up)

meh... I go right from the kokoe, to the 45 AP, to the ACT 44 GM

 

I dont really have a spot where I find the rfp the better choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nitronik said:

I still think it'd need something to reduce its effectiveness at range - it easily outclasses the ACT and RSA

Buffing the ACT and RSA to its level would just create two equally annoying guns 😛 (though these two still need a little tune up)

On that, I do not agree.

Not that the ACT and RSA couldn't use some help, just that they aren't outclassed by the RFP at range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...