magik

Real World Cars (image heavy)

Hey everyone!

So, on October 2nd, I had a car accident heading home from classes. I was driving through a green light, and from the opposing traffic, a lady in a red Nissan Frontier turned to her left in front of me. I had no time to prevent the accident, but I pumped my brakes to slow my car down as much as possible. Sadly, my car hit the front right corner of her car, totaling my Nissan Altima. 

While I want to remind everyone to drive safe, and obey traffic laws, I'd like to see what cars everyone has, considering I got my replacement car a couple weeks ago, and got her registered, titled, and driving. 

Now, moving on, as I consider myself a car guy, and I enjoy talking with others about their cars, I'd like to see what everyone here drives, project cars, or dream cars!

Here's some photos:

w2i0xZW.jpg

EiViIUZ.jpg

9CiqAqJ.jpg

6cuzq30.jpg

eXv656B.jpg

tdUlQbC.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iggyazaleaomg said:

2014 DIxon Ticonderoga 

Come on, where's the image posting spirit? 

Do you have the traditional, or black trim level?

Glad you're okay after that accident!  I have a two in one picture for you since you said project cars.  The black 2003 Cadillac Escalade in the background is what I drive everyday, and that rusty shell of a 1972-1974 Chevy Nova (It has a lot of mixed parts, so we don't know what year the car really is) is my project car that unfortunately has a unibody frame that's a little too far gone.  So I'm keeping my eye out for another Nova for sale.  I got that one for $500 and it came with a ton of replacement parts, body panels, and a dead bird inside.  The Escalade was given to me by my grandmother a few years ago when she decided to buy a new car.

4iT5IVt.jpg

z3KNzpa.jpg

For some reason one of the previous owners decided it was a good idea to just paint over the chrome emblems instead of removing them first, so I'm gonna have to either make or order new ones.  The original color of the car was a weird metallic olive green.  The bumpers are also barely held together by anything so I'll also have to make or order new ones.  I work in a fab shop so that makes getting parts a lot easier and cheaper.  It didn't come with an engine but my brother has a 350 that we were going to put in it.  The last registration sticker on it says that it was from Florida, so it somehow found its way up to Ohio where I bought it.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Glad you're okay after that accident!  I have a two in one picture for you since you said project cars.  The black 2003 Cadillac Escalade in the background is what I drive everyday, and that rusty shell of a 1972-1974 Chevy Nova (It has a lot of mixed parts, so we don't know what year the car really is) is my project car that unfortunately has a unibody frame that's a little too far gone.  So I'm keeping my eye out for another Nova for sale.  I got that one for $500 and it came with a ton of replacement parts, body panels, and a dead bird inside.  The Escalade was given to me by my grandmother a few years ago when she decided to buy a new car.

4iT5IVt.jpg

z3KNzpa.jpg

Thanks! I was driving at ~35mph (~56kph for you not U.S./U.K. drivers), my seatbelt kept me from having a headache, concussion, and back pain. 

Good luck on finding that Nova, my uni's wifi isn't giving my access to imgur, so I can't see the photos right now, but I'll check when I get home, curiousity has me, what are your plans for the Nova? restoration, restomod, or something else?

1 hour ago, Sergsininia said:

Thanks! I was driving at ~35mph (~56kph for you not U.S./U.K. drivers), my seatbelt kept me from having a headache, concussion, and back pain. 

Good luck on finding that Nova, my uni's wifi isn't giving my access to imgur, so I can't see the photos right now, but I'll check when I get home, curiousity has me, what are your plans for the Nova? restoration, restomod, or something else?

Good to hear.  A few close calls, but never really been in much of a wreck myself.

As for my plans for the Nova, I wasn't really planning on doing a full restoration.  That would be a lot of time and money that I don't really have.  My main concern is making it drivable and able to pass inspection.  I've always loved rat rods, so I wouldn't even mind keeping it looking how it is now for the most part.  The grill and bumpers are completely destroyed though, so I'm gonna need new ones of those.  I was thinking of making my own grill for it that resembled the 71 'Cuda since I don't really think the stock Nova grill looks too great.  I haven't decided if I want to make the bumpers or order factory ones yet, but making them will probably be cheaper.  Side pipes for the exhaust were also something I'd like to do if it ends up not causing any issues.  It's also gonna need a new interior.  The current interior has bench seats which I'm not really a fan of for the front, fine for the rear, and the leather is all ripped up, probably from all the sheet metal being piled on top of it, and I don't know if there's anything living in them or not.  So I'm probably going to swap the front seats out for some cheap racing seats we have sitting at the shop.  It won't be comfortable at all, not that it would have been with the bench anyway.  I'd rather sit in a hard plastic bucket than end up in the passenger seat whenever I make a left turn 😛   Also planning on converting it to dual headlights, just because I think they look a lot cooler than the singles.

TBH I'll take any car that has a similar body style, a Nova would just be the most convenient because of all the spare parts I already have for it.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

11 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Good to hear.  A few close calls, but never really been in much of a wreck myself.

As for my plans for the Nova, I wasn't really planning on doing a full restoration.  That would be a lot of time and money that I don't really have.  My main concern is making it drivable and able to pass inspection.  I've always loved rat rods, so I wouldn't even mind keeping it looking how it is now for the most part.  The grill and bumpers are completely destroyed though, so I'm gonna need new ones of those.  I was thinking of making my own grill for it that resembled the 71 'Cuda since I don't really think the stock Nova grill looks too great.  I haven't decided if I want to make the bumpers or order factory ones yet, but making them will probably be cheaper.  Side pipes for the exhaust were also something I'd like to do if it ends up not causing any issues.  It's also gonna need a new interior.  The current interior has bench seats which I'm not really a fan of for the front, fine for the rear, and the leather is all ripped up, probably from all the sheet metal being piled on top of it, and I don't know if there's anything living in them or not.  So I'm probably going to swap the front seats out for some cheap racing seats we have sitting at the shop.  It won't be comfortable at all, not that it would have been with the bench anyway.  I'd rather sit in a hard plastic bucket than end up in the passenger seat whenever I make a left turn 😛   Also planning on converting it to dual headlights, just because I think they look a lot cooler than the singles.

TBH I'll take any car that has a similar body style, a Nova would just be the most convenient because of all the spare parts I already have for it.

I want to get another Altima again, or import an old Silvia, or '89 Skyline GTS 4 Door.

However, plans with the Isuzu require some repair, she doesn't like to start, or idle in Park. I'm thinking the fuel pressure regulator is bad, as if I disconnect the hose that cycles fuel back into the intake manifold, she starts and runs like a dream. I'm considering either replacing the regulator, or finding a route for the hose to cycle back into the fuel line/tank. Only issue is getting access to take the fuel rail off. There's a 6 or 7mm hex head that my allen wrenchs couldn't get off. Probably gonna have to invest in a pair of vice grips.

Let me know how that dual headlight conversion goes! I'm wanting to do some work on the front end of my truck, mostly with retrofitting projectors, or multiple bulbs into the headlight housing. If I can't do that, I want some daytime running lights added to the assembly to at least give me some lighting in the day.

Edited by Sergsininia

Tbh I didn't even know Isuzu made civilian vehicles until you posted your Rodeo lol.  I thought they mostly just dealt with heavy equipment, construction, industrial, and delivery vehicles.  But yeah I'll be sure to let you know how the headlight conversion goes, whenever it happens... I got the car back in 2014 and ever since I've been trying to find a replacement for the base car.  

I don't have any car, but what I can tell you is what I'd love to have... Ex-police 2013 or newer Ford Taurus! I don't know why but I just... uughhh! It's sooo cooool

Tbh i just want the old login theme back..

EDIT: I didnt read and thought this was a post about adding a realistic car damage model.

Edited by PHM

On 11/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, PHM said:

Tbh i just want the old login theme back..

EDIT: I didnt read and thought this was a post about adding a realistic car damage model.

Haha, no worries, I want the old login theme back too. 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:20 AM, Szambi said:

I don't have any car, but what I can tell you is what I'd love to have... Ex-police 2013 or newer Ford Taurus! I don't know why but I just... uughhh! It's sooo cooool

My neighbor has a 2011 Ford Taurus SHO, god that thing is awesome. It’s no police car, but definitely could be faster than one.