Nyani

APB won't start

Hellows, so I decided to redownload this game to see what's up but I just can't get it to work. The launcher would keep flashing but that's basically it and it's driving me nuts. 

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

11 minutes ago, Nyani said:

Hellows, so I decided to redownload this game to see what's up but I just can't get it to work. The launcher would keep flashing but that's basically it and it's driving me nuts. 

Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Check if antivirus is not blocking launcher.
It also sounds like typical crash.
Specification?
Also more info. "Flashing" - what you refer to? Launcher showing up and immediatly disappering from processes? Or icon of APB Launcher flashing and dying? Edited by Mitne

Anti virus and firewall are disabled.
Flashing like the launcher keep disappearing and reappearing from the processes. 
I don't think my specification has anything to do with it since this game always ran fine for me until I decided to uninstall it. 
I've tried reinstalling it, restarting my computer, etc with no luck. And I really don't wanna download it through the site itself cause I wanna play it while I'm on steam. 
Such a bummer though, I really wanted to play the game again. :s
But thanks anyways Mit! 

Strange. APBLauncher shouldn't do something like that, only APB . exe could in some rare instances do that.
Since you are on Steam, you obviously checked integrity of files after this happened?
While you probably can't play game for now (since you most likely would need to download update via APBLauncher), try running game bypassing APBLauncher, via APB . exe in Binaries (Steam/steamapps/common/APB Reloaded/binaries). If that works, it's APBLauncher on it's own.
Also try to think of any changes to Windows you might made. Talking about drivers and programs (like Visual C++)

Edited by Mitne

The integrity of file is greyed out so I can't verify it. I've also tried launching it through binaries, sadly it still won't work. But, I'll keep trying, there has to be some way to launch it. 
Last time I played the game with no issues was on January on Baylan, and if I'm not mistaken, you were there as well. But, since the game was not making any progress at all, I decided to uninstall it. And now it won't work. :s

The worst in finding out what is going on with APBLauncher is that APBLauncher on it's own don't generate crash report files.
If it would be APB . exe, there is tool which does that.
I can only say that it can be anything. Simple crashing (due to drivers or programs associated with Windows, like mentioned above Visual C++), program being blocked (by some outside program or Windows itself) or APBLauncher or files associated with it being corrupted in some way.

Maybe check your services if they are enabled. There should be one named Application Experience and another one Application Management. These help apb launcher to actually launch and patch itself, they must be enabled.
I hope u were looking for this fix ;)) 

I finally fixed it. I only had to change the compatibility thingy to Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1). 
Thank you so much for trying to help me, guys! 

😛

5 hours ago, Nyani said:

I finally fixed it. I only had to change the compatibility thingy to Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1). 
Thank you so much for trying to help me, guys! 

😛

Hmm ? That has nothing to do with it, nvm xD im glad u could fix it ;))