Pillowlol

Spawning without ammo

2 hours ago, Archon said:

Now has no signature 🤔
ye I've used the signature since the launch of the forums, and suddenly when some white knight brings it up / reports me it's removed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 9/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, EmptyPillow said:

Was it intended that you spawn without ammo if you dont have any in your locker? I think they fixed a bug or something with ammo but I assume it's not inteded to spawn without ammo?

When i first started playing apb, this is how it used to be, die, respawn, if you had ammo in your locker it used that and refilled you, if you were empty in the locker, no ammo fo you, it was weard that they changed that to where it auto bought it for you as then what was the reason for having a locker
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, GhosT said:

Did they ever say so?

If I recall correctly, it just happened without them ever mentioning it.
I don't remember the details, It could have been an unintended side effect when they removed the delay when resupplying with 0 ammo. It was 2014 or earlier so pretty far back.

Regardless, buying ammo was one of the worse features in APB. It's suppose to be a shooter, not an inventory management simulator.

And wow does this editor suck.
  Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
Regardless, buying ammo was one of the worse features in APB.
It's suppose to be a shooter, not an inventory management simulator.
This deserves additional emphasis.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:
On 9/19/2018 at 5:36 PM, GhosT said:

It's been a bug, made the feature to buy ammo completely useless, as well as the joker vending machines to buy ammo.

It's content. I like content. I prefer it the non-buggy way. You can buy ammo at any resupply point anyway, so what's the problem.
It was not a bug. It was intentionally done by Reloaded. It should not have been reverted.
I recall this being communicated as a conscious design change, but I'm having trouble locating it on forums-old or in blog posts; in any case, I think that the way the ammo resupply had been working for the past couple of years was totally fine. I hate buying ammo and having to deal with the stupid dialogue box that appears when you inevitably try to buy more ammo than you can store. Edited by Knite

3 hours ago, Knite said:
I recall this being communicated as a conscious design change
The automatic resupply on respawn was not an intentional feature, hence why it's always been bugged to where it doesn't deduct the APB$ the ammo it resupplies costs. This was confirmed multiple times over the years by the old team. That being said, they never "fixed" it because it's an obviously good feature to have... which is why it boggles my mind that Little Orbit decided it would be a good idea to fuck over the entire playerbase by removing it entirely instead of taking the logical course of fixing the APB$ deduction bug.

Edited by Hexerin

16 hours ago, Hexerin said:
The automatic resupply on respawn was not an intentional feature, hence why it's always been bugged to where it doesn't deduct the APB$ the ammo it resupplies costs. This was confirmed multiple times over the years by the old team. That being said, they never "fixed" it because it's an obviously good feature to have... which is why it boggles my mind that Little Orbit decided it would be a good idea to fuck over the entire playerbase by removing it entirely instead of taking the logical course of fixing the APB$ deduction bug.
It still deducted money, but yes, not the correct amount; in any case, I got bit by this in a mission yesterday when I ran out of EOL grenades and respawned twice without any ammo before I could get to a resupply. I hope that LO can fix the automatic resupply such that it takes the correct amount of money away and gives us this good bug back.
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:36 PM, Hexerin said:

I don't think LO meant to take away a feature. They probably rewrote that function while attempting to fix something else. At least now they'll know that we preferred auto resupplying on spawn. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

They missed an opportunity with the whole ammo system in this game.  As it stands, it's just a chore to keep your ammo topped off.  If they greatly lowered reserves, maybe increased prices marginally, it could serve as a mechanic you'd have to consider in your missions.  Or it could be even more annoying than it already is.