Clarie

Is ReShade against the ToS ?

Hey 🙂

Short explanation: The tool "ReShade" allows you to adjust some filter settings like Saturation, Contrast, Bloom and stuff like that. It also comes up with an integrated ingame overlay. ReShade doesn't change
the game files it just adds some confg. files into the main folder of APB: Reloaded.

https://reshade.me/

My question: Are those filters and the tool at all bannable ? 

Greetings, 

Mika

Yes.

Also ReShade injects into the game, so it's possible it'll get you banned when they enable BE.

That, or it'll be blocked.

• Like 1

i think punk buster used to have an issue since it’s technically “injecting” files

its on you if you want to risk that with pb’s big brother battleye lol

To clarify, LO recommends not using these shaders. Especially when Battle eye is installed soon.

Reshade changes the shaders (not in the files I think but also by injection - both might be an issue, injection might be worse). They said something about this:

Q: [Custom] Shaders and certain configs, will they be allowed back into APB?
A: I feel like that this would be a super slippery slope, to say we’re gunna allow custom shaders or changes to the game. Now having said that, I do think we need to make these options available in the game, we need to put them in. We need to allow players to change the colour of the crosshair for low accessibility, and low processing reasons (Editorial: He meant low processing power.). That’s something that we should be putting in. While we appreciate the community doing the leg work, we feel it should come from our side, because it’ll not only look better, it’ll come from us, it’ll work properly and won’t be flagged by our anti-cheat. It’s a slippery slope to say “sure, you can mess with the components of the game”.

It seems like they don't mind themselves (unless), the anticheat might flag+ban you though. (And I honestly doubt support will help you more than once then.) They'll see what they can implement themselves etc., I guess.

Edited by ❤BR)))❤
  • Like 1

reshade is against the TOS 

they will try to implement some of the stuff like customization to the crosshair and some options related to APB advanced launcher in the game later down the line

but what mattscot said is [ the reshade config might cause issues when battle-eye released] so you can use it till the next patch which including battle-eye anti cheat

Edited by xEgykillerx

Guys, thank you very much for the fast replies. I'm clearly not gona use them 😄 

The overlay might be bannable, but no they can't ban you for modifying your gama / brightness, that is your monitor doing that not the game.

"gamma hax" are not real hax, it's a macro that controls your monitor.

Edited by Puffdragon

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

The overly might be bannable, but no they can't ban you for modifying your gama / brightness, that is your monitor doing that not the game.

"gama hax" are not real hax, it's a macro that controls your monitor.

It would be so nice, if they'd actually implement Nvidia Freesyle to APB. 

1 minute ago, Mikarity said:

It would be so nice, if they'd actually implement Nvidia Freesyle to APB. 

Yes I am hopeful, apb maybe dated but there is tons of potential, and since it has an arcadey feel graphics don't really need to be top priorty. I am sure we will see a nice trickle of features soon. Just be patient with mattscott, he is kind of noob to the game so he is feeling it out. I think this new company is going in the right direction though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Yes I am hopeful, apb maybe dated but there is tons of potential, and since it has an arcadey feel graphics don't really need to be top priorty. I am sure we will see a nice trickle of features soon. Just be patient with mattscott, he is kind of noob to the game so he is feeling it out. I think this new company is going in the right direction though.

Agreed, I have hope for the first time in a long time, but we need to exercise patience.

Would be cool if they get the Nvidia and AMD Variant working, it at least won't allow you to basically create wallhacks and other shit.