Cru

Could some1 explain me why ogre is a thing?

I don't know, I have this "general rule" for NFAS (including the True Ogre as well) saying that you deserve to get shredded by one if you let it get too close. I agree it gets frustrating, but still...
The Ogre is more unforgiving for the receiving end, because of the absolute fookton of bullets coming your way like a wall of pain and faster fire rate (justified by the windup? I don't know, that's debatable I guess?), but if you keep your range and/or get something that's better at hitting a reasonable TTK you should be fine before the Ogre leaves the windup phase and enters rage mode.

Tl;dr: get the fook away from NFAS users, especially away from melee range, you're not made of Kevlar.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solista2050 said:

Tl;dr: get the fook away from NFAS users, especially away from melee range, you're not made of Kevlar

Even with kev 3  get away far away.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
1 hour ago, Solista2050 said:

Tl;dr: get the fook away from NFAS users, especially away from melee range, you're not made of Kevlar

Even with kev 3  get away far away.
If you can still run with that much weight on you.

*dramatic music remixed with Ogre windup and satanic laughter plays*

The only times I die to an Ogre is when I play Asylum. Other than that Ogre is an incredibly situational weapon that requires the opponent to be in a small area without good covers to retreat, and loses its effectiveness quite quickly over range.

It's definetely easy to get kills once you meet these requirements, but good look doing anything else with it.

Tl; dr it's a noob weapon that kills noobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solista2050 said:
If you can still run with that much weight on you.

*dramatic music remixed with Ogre windup and satanic laughter plays*
Ogre Kevlar 3 Yukon.
Pain Train Loadout.

22 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
uh huh suuuuuureeeee

Orges can die easily unless coming around a corner and no where to go.
Otherwise just keep a distance and shoot them in the head......
yes BXNNXD THAT ONE in case they  crouch spam like morons.
But... Headshots dont exist :c

Ogre is essentially ez mode for those who lack skillz and complained about the game being too hard. G1 took advantage of that and made this vers on the Nfas to fill their pockets. It was a success for them and its been a gun the community hates since with the exception of those who cant do well without it. Its the #2 crutch behind the HVR.

26 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Ogre is essentially ez mode for those who lack skillz and complained about the game being too hard. G1 took advantage of that and made this vers on the Nfas to fill their pockets. It was a success for them and its been a gun the community hates since with the exception of those who cant do well without it. Its the #2 crutch behind the HVR.

i love the ogre and dont use it

12 hours ago, Davess said:
On 8/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, Kiida said:

G1 wanted a moneygrab for bad players, basically why the Ogre, Volcano and 'bugged' Yukon exist.

I agree wholeheartedly, volcano especially is aimed at people who need that second rocket to get kills
It doesnt ever kill on its own with 1 rocket, unless pixels are 102 meters away, tagged alot or cars are damaged quite abit. Guess people are annoyed by the nyan sound it does, but a vulcano can easily get outplayed as probably most people know. 

To OP's question, noo, i like the sound it does, it makes like windup, Pew pew, pew pew pew, lag, pew, lag, pew pew pew pew, lag, pew, lag, pew pew pew, reload, windup, starts all over again <3

i like it, and its a 50/50 chance to survive the potatos it throws, and its fun to play, dont nerf please 😞

I havent checked the market, but it shouldnt be super expensive to get an ogre, may get one and enjoy it yourself 🙂