holyTyu

[New Player Question] Jump shooting

Hello,

I'm a new player and while still learning, I got all mechanics to a level there i can atleast perform it (not ideally tho).  Except jump shooting.
I was jump shottted multiple times with N-TECs and N-HVRs. While trying it myself I hadn't seen any benefit to it because crosshair goes huge, but rank 255 players prove me wrong again and again.
I love gunplay in the game and want to understand this mechanic too.
If someone can break down how game handles this and write down inputs to perform it that would be ideal.

I should probably describe what I'm referring to. People jump, lean and shoot. Somehow when I do it my crosshair is really big, but they hit their shots.

Edited by holyTyu

There is no special mechanic to it. Just jump and shoot, everyone has the same bloom.

Jumpshooting is just rolling the die and letting the game decide for you if you're gonna hit or not (Not including actual aim obviously).

The crosshair with N-HVR is just insane tho. I wouldn't have hit a target 10 meters in front of me in 10 shots (i tried on a wall), and I was hit by people doing that from much further. Tho they won't shooting exactly in air, but waiting to the moment they hit the ground. In my testing I need to wait like a second till my aim is what it usually is. That's why i thought there is some special trick to it.

Best time to shoot when jump shooting is on the decent, when you peak to the highest point of the jump, aim and youll see the crosshair slowly closing in and shoot right before hitting the ground. Dont shoot as soon as you jump otherwise youll never hit

Just now, Jukin said:

Best time to shoot when jump shooting is on the decent, when you peak to the highest point of the jump, aim and youll see the crosshair slowly closing in and shoot right before hitting the ground. Dont shoot as soon as you jump otherwise youll never hit

Thanks. I will try it.

i cant say much about nhvrs as i dont use them often

now, about the ntec: you jumpshoot to push someone. as while in the air you move faster than just walking.this is what you do:

->sprint for at least a couple of steps

-> jump while sprinting

-> as soon as your feet leave the ground, aim down your sights

->(optional) some people like me likes to press q or e while in the air

as result:

-> you get a "good enough" accuracy for point blank  and up to (5-10?) mts. targets

-> while on the air, you are moveing+shooting faster and with more accuracy, than normal move+hipfireing on land

welcome to the game tyu!

cute_polar_bears_hi_5_4202954927.jpg

13 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

Firstly, thank you for your welcome.

Secondly, this is a great explanation. I already used it (looked decent at best) in a mission and anticipated someone doing it scoring nice kills.

From my own experience hunting sight 3 is really good for that.
I still can't figure out the trick with nhvr, I suspect hunting sight being involved in that too.

Hope someone will clarify jumpshooting with nhvr, cause I enjoy sniping from time to time.

Edited by holyTyu

Does leaning improve accuracy while jump shooting because on console I jump shoot with ntec no leaning and most of the time its pretty successful

8 hours ago, (PS4)SpAz586 said:

Does leaning improve accuracy while jump shooting because on console I jump shoot with ntec no leaning and most of the time its pretty successful

Leaning has no effect on accuracy, its a weird habit some people have come to overuse.

Are you sure it was a standard HVR or was it a Scout, Reaper, Sitting Duck or Pathfinder? Those snipers are the ones you actually can jump shoot with. The trick is to sprint, jump and quickly lean as soon as you lift of the ground. This will make the reticle decrease size quicker in the air. Shoot as soon as the reticle hits its resting point

3 hours ago, whitecrystall said:

Are you sure it was a standard HVR or was it a Scout, Reaper, Sitting Duck or Pathfinder? Those snipers are the ones you actually can jump shoot with. The trick is to sprint, jump and quickly lean as soon as you lift of the ground. This will make the reticle decrease size quicker in the air. Shoot as soon as the reticle hits its resting point

leaning does nothing. it doesnt make you harder to hit. it doesnt make you more accurate. its a show thing.

and its almost as if everyone is forgetting the perfect aim hacks that are still rampant in this game

There are two types of jump-shooting: Mid-air, and Touch-down. A mid-air jump-shot is exactly what it sounds like. A touch-down jump-shot is where you shoot during the bloom tightening as your feet touch the ground, however it takes more time to get off that more accurate shot. The bonus to these techniques is that you retain sprinting speed while being able to shoot still. That can make the difference in SOME situations, however your flight path is predictable and are easily killed.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:50 PM, holyTyu said:

The crosshair with N-HVR is just insane tho. I wouldn't have hit a target 10 meters in front of me in 10 shots (i tried on a wall), and I was hit by people doing that from much further. Tho they won't shooting exactly in air, but waiting to the moment they hit the ground. In my testing I need to wait like a second till my aim is what it usually is. That's why i thought there is some special trick to it.

Putting hunting sight 3 on your nhvr helps.

On 5/26/2018 at 4:17 PM, holyTyu said:

Firstly, thank you for your welcome.

Secondly, this is a great explanation. I already used it (looked decent at best) in a mission and anticipated someone doing it scoring nice kills.

From my own experience hunting sight 3 is really good for that.
I still can't figure out the trick with nhvr, I suspect hunting sight being involved in that too.

Hope someone will clarify jumpshooting with nhvr, cause I enjoy sniping from time to time.

as everyone explained it, i can say i put hs1 on my nhvr reaper, and it make wonders for jumpshoot. Just practice and u will "master" it.

Jumpshooting is simply rolling the dice and letting it land where it may. Theres no special trick to it, however, within a certain range, theres only so much space it can spread to, so within those ranges you are likely to hit your shots.

It is however better to simply not jumpshoot, as it makes your path of movement ultimately predictable, and any players worth their weight will simply track you and punish you for it because they are mobile and you are not.

Most of the people in this thread accusing people of cheats, or specifying mod loadouts have no idea what they're talking about (as expected).