XXXXXXXXXXX

Make APB fun to play.

18 minutes ago, RedEYEvan said:

increase car left/right turning rates by 300% and all car speeds +125%

and mount weapons on cars so the game becomes like twisted metal

I agree, increasing speeds will make the car combat a lot more enjoyable, also it will make headshots harder to land since cars will maneuver faster. Edited by 23k

7 hours ago, Slickmund said:

Well thats kinda the whole point aint it? Adding headshot mechanics completely overhauls the game since it will change so many mechanics in place. This guy just aint getting it though. Wishfull thinking is what it is at this point.

It will make the game more interesting.

1 hour ago, 23k said:
1) You choose where you spawn you act like every player is a hacker that knows everyones position, you act like every player is going to insta kill everybody with a headshot as soon as you spawn, What you're describing most of the time are hackers, you can move through open areas quite easily and not get seen, unless  you're one of those player who just run in to the open space and gets killed, This will actually make you think before doing something now everybody just rushes like rambo with no real consequences.
2) Listen they're going to buff and nerf guns either way so it's not that big of a deal.
3) Again you think everybody will hs you the second you come, use vehicles to protect yourself let your mates cover you lets say if your mate gets hs'd while protecting you jump back and get to cover and take care of the problem.
4) Again you can choose where you spawn you're talking like the enemy has wallhacks and aim and as soon as you spawn he's gonig to insta kill your whole team. Everybody can choose where to spawn at a different place and there is 99% of the time an npc car around you for you to take and move to objective.
5) Low Yields are not that big of a deal and not game breaking, i already said remove percs because they hold no real value to the game.
6) That is something you both will able to do, it will come down to who is better but if you can't get him you can use your nade to move him out and then get the shot.
1) Spawns are terrible. You can guess where people will spawn with a good accuracy, if you had a good amount of time in the game.
2) You sound very smart here, but you are delusional. If redesigning the most important part of shooting game (being the actual shooting) is easy for you, why don't you go and apply as a fucking game designer with your ideas or make a game by yourself. Buffs and nerfs are fine tuning, they are not redesigning. Hope you understand the difference.
3) The enemy who headshotted your friend is not dumb and is in cover too. What a nice gameplay to sit around corners waiting for people to do a mistake.
4) See (1). Car won't be there 99% of the time.
5) Nades must be completely redesigned if headshots are a thing. No point in arguing over what is currently.
6) It seriously isn't hard to look around a corner with a 3rd person camera and pre-aim your crosshair on the target.

Also, I don't get why you disregard map design so much. There must be a reason there are no maps in csgo with a 4 lane roads in the middle of the map. There must be a reason there are no completely flat maps in battlefield. Something about exposure while moving through the map.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, holyTyu said:
1) Spawns are terrible. You can guess where people will spawn with a good accuracy, if you had a good amount of time in the game.
2) You sound very smart here, but you are delusional. If redesigning the most important part of shooting game (being the actual shooting) is easy for you, why don't you go and apply as a fucking game designer with your ideas or make a game by yourself. Buffs and nerfs are fine tuning, they are not redesigning. Hope you understand the difference.
3) The enemy who headshotted your friend is not dumb and is in cover too. What a nice gameplay to sit around corners waiting for people to do a mistake.
4) See (1). Car won't be there 99% of the time.
5) Nades must be completely redesigned if headshots are a thing. No point in arguing over what is currently.
6) It seriously isn't hard to look around a corner with a 3rd person camera and pre-aim your crosshair on the target.

Also, I don't get why you disregard map design so much. There must be a reason there are no maps in csgo with a 4 lane roads in the middle of the map. There must be a reason there are no completely flat maps in battlefield. Something about exposure while moving through the map.
1) Pretty much only place where you can predict where enemies might spawn in is in baylan even then when you spawn you got like 3 seconds of being untouchable by the bullets so in that time you could move to cover.
2) So adding headshot is the hardest thing to do? Again that's not a big deal since either way you're going to nerf and buff guns maybe g1 has fucked up netcode then that could be a problem either way guns will have to be reworked one way or another.
3) Maybe you're a silver who will get headshotted because you don't actually pay attention to your enemies, you automatically asume that everybody will play better than you. Again you have your eyes man you look and scout the map for the enemies while you do your objective also that's where your mates come in, there could be 1 covering you and others will scout the area for enemies, but it's combat you hit or be hit deal with it.
4) Okay, lets say a car wont be there 99% of the time you still will be able to move without being detected unless you go the the open area and shoot at the enemies and expect not to get smoked.
5) Nades don't have to completely redesigned what are you talking about? You would have to buff dmg on nades and remove 1 low yield along with percs, you can throw nades without exposing yourself too much to be eating shots. Only way they might catch you is if they constantly unload their clips in to the corner that you're in, but it's your fault then if you shove your head while the bullets fly in to your direction.
6) It's not that easy to to pre aim your crosshair on the target and kill him. Experienced players will feint in order to make you miss the shot or to land a shot on you and they will smoke you if you're not careful. But then again it all comes down who can control the weapon better it all comes down to skill and timing. If you use automatic weapon like n-tec you might catch a guy with a shot if you non stop shoot at that corner and the enemies are dumb enough to expose their heads in to the line of fire, but then again eventually you will run out of bullets and you will have to reload that's when the enemy could capitalize on it and throw a nade or move to the next cover.
  Edited by 23k

51 minutes ago, 23k said:
1) You are dead wrong, there are many spots on both the waterfront and financial district where you can pinpoint the enemy spawn cycles. Theres areas where the enemy can only spawn on on side of the objective, making it realy easy. Not that it matter because 100m spotting with 100-250m spawns wont cut it by then. Complete redesign necessary.
2) Are you a programmer sir? Cus you dont sound like one, and I used to be one actually. Right now youre a walking tube in APB, thats all you are, in terms of hitboxing. Adding a headshot area to that hitbox would be wrong oh so wrong. It would mean you could shoot someone in the head, but shooting the air around it. So, another complete redesign.
3) Well maybe youre a scrub that never play CSGO or APB at a decent level. In CSGO when you play at a decent level (Legendary Eagle+) the tiniest exposure often means, you're dead, or you killed someone. That is on maps, though which are small, where exposure is minimized beyond whats reasonably possible within a city. If they were to not make San Paro the desert of headshotted RQ'ers, they would have to add so many obstactle's performance would become a wreckage. Actually, they won't even be able to maintain a district most likely, server sided. But fuck all that, redesign!
4) Cars would become irrelevant, since you'd have to be able to shoot through windows and such because otherwise you would just be an extension of a car with a gun, nothing more. So no redesign there, just completely scrap it.
5) Right now nades do indiscriminate AoE damage, it would mean any nade, as long as the blast area overlaps with the head, would instakill. Yes they would have to redesign it completely for it to be enjoyable and not turn out like quake like combat.
6) Ever played PuBG in third person? Arma in third person? Theres a lot of people dislike it. Corner camping = winning, because yes, it is darned easy to pre-aim around a corner.

You talk as if you have little experience in shooters generally, even less in APB, and have no knowledge of programming and game-design at all. The things you suggest aren't simple to implement, they require complete overhauls of many systems in place. Programming wise they would have it easier starting from scratch and creating an entirely new game. When they do that ill send you a postcard. I am in no way an authority on the subject, but having atleast more than 10k hours in shooter games, of all varieties, I can tell you you couldn't be more wrong and your ideas are strongly misguided.
Edited by Slickmund
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
I was answering him already but your answers are a bit better sir. Edited by holyTyu

Just now, holyTyu said:
9 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

I was answering but your answers are a bit better sir.
It'll be my last attempt on trying to convince the OP though. 

44 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
1) Again you can choose to spawn at different points every single point is not going to be covered by the enemy. It doesn't have to be redesigned on top of that when you spawn you got like 3 seconds of being untouchable by bullets.
2) That's true that would need be fixed in order to add headshots.
3) I didn't play CSGO on high level but i played APB longer than you, the fact of the matter is having headshots in APB wont break the game it will make you more cautious of your surroundings and make you think instead of rushing in, You  just want easy gamelpay plain and simple.
4) Cars would be cars if they wanted to add headshots to cars that's their deal but by your logic cars are already irrelevent because you can't shoot the enemy through them. you pull things out of your a** when in reality things would be pretty much the same as it is now not many things would change.
5) Nades are nades if you don't have enough brain power to see that a nade is next to you and you have to move away then that's your problem.
6) Don't compare PUBG and Arma to APB it has different combat APB has alot faster pace different game mechanics, faster movements you said you're some big shot programmer expert in games and expert in APB yet you compare APB to PUBG and ARMA again you make no sense. Headshots are very doable in APB and would make the combat even more advanced if you comapre APB's combat to that of a mentally damaged combat of ARMA and PUBG then there is pretty much nothing else to say to you. Edited by 23k

The only thing I agree with is the removal of percs. Hell remove low yields too so I can stop getting spammed with them.

add helicopters and jets, because adding new things obviously benefits bad players more than good

Just now, CookiePuss said:

add helicopters and jets, because adding new things obviously benefits bad players more than good

Oh look another meaningless post about nothing, add it to the pile of 4273 other meaningless posts.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Add horses too. 
For the new players. 

Another worthless post added to 4276 other worthless posts. Tiggs would probably like this idea. Also one thing the most imprtant one of them all remove cat ears it offends me. Edited by 23k

22 minutes ago, 23k said:
The fact of the matter is having headshots in APB wont break the game it will make you more cautious of your surroundings and make you think instead of rushing in. = Slower gameplay?

Don't compare PUBG and Arma to APB it has different combat APB has alot faster pace different game mechanics, faster movements. = What about after the changes?
Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

5 minutes ago, 23k said:
Also one thing the most imprtant one of them all remove cat ears it offends me.
Finally, something we can agree on. 
We're not so different after all you and I. 

11 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
It will make you more cautious of your surroundings and make you think instead of rushing in. = Smarter gameplay you'll still have the opportunity to rush but you will have to be willing to accept the fact that there is a high chance of you getting smoked.

APB has alot faster pace different game mechanics, faster movements. = What about after the changes? movements are still going to be faster in APB regardless.
  Edited by 23k

1 minute ago, 23k said:
 it will make you more cautious of your surroundings and make you think instead of rushing in. = Smarter gameplay

APB has alot faster pace different game mechanics, faster movements. = What about after the changes? movements are still going to be faster in APB regardless.

Smarter = Slower?

Why move fast when you die in 1-3 bullets? Cant aim while running. Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

Oh surely we don't want to pull other games in for comparison, because we havent played those games and therefore can not analyze them and learn from it.
talking-to-brick-wall.jpg?w=620
Also, your post is in the wrong section. Good job on reading up on that, or reading generally really.

3 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

Oh surely we don't want to pull other games in for comparison, because we havent played those games and therefore can not analyze them and learn from it.
talking-to-brick-wall.jpg?w=620
Also, your post is in the wrong section. Good job on reading up on that, or reading generally really.

With this picture that you just posted i can't take you seriously anymore. Edited by 23k

I stopped taking you seriously after disregarding all constructive feedback multiple times really. I assumed you didnt take me seriously either, atleast you spoke like you didn't.
But hey who am I to argue with you, I guess I'm just the oddball. Surely I am since just about everyone but one guy disagreed with you.

7 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
Smarter = Slower?

Why move fast when you die in 1-3 bullets? Cant aim while running.
You can still move fast and be smart about it, nades wont allow you to corner camp for long.

2 minutes ago, 23k said:
12 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:
Smarter = Slower?

Why move fast when you die in 1-3 bullets? Cant aim while running.
You can still move fast and be smart about it, nades wont allow you to corner camp for long.
Oh surely you can, just think about every step of your static animation and plan accordingly. I mean you have to be smart when moving like a pvc tube through the city now that everyone can one shot you with whatever weapon at whatever range because that is balanced.

@CookiePuss If it's a troll thread, its a good one. Lacks comedy though since the absurdity of headshotting in APB is more stupid than absurd in a funny way. Edited by Slickmund

Just now, Slickmund said:

I stopped taking you seriously after disregarding all constructive feedback multiple times really. I assumed you didnt take me seriously either, atleast you spoke like you didn't.
But hey who am I to argue with you, I guess I'm just the oddball. Surely I am since just about everyone but one guy disagreed with you.

You did nothing but pull things out of your a** with no real arguments the thing that i got form you is basically you're afraid of a more challenging combat.

1 minute ago, 23k said:
4 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

You did nothing but pull things out of your a** with no real arguments the thing that i got form you is basically you're afraid of a more challenging combat.
OH my deary, I did didn't I? I did not spend about 1,5 hour in total by now writing constructive feedback up to a certain point. I am so sorry pal, good trolling though.