YumiSakura

Today's Maintenance and a Thank you LO

Whatever the logistics of today's maintenance involved, i don't know, networking? whatever.... it was nice to play 3+ hrs silky smooth this evening with nothing that could be blamed on lag, especially when i expected there to be issues after.

Thank you LO for a much needed enjoyable evening playing my favourite game.

• Like 3

now lets hope jericho is the same tomorrow.... u gave me hope to open the game tomorrow now

• Like 1

Just now, Keshi said:

now lets hope jericho is the same tomorrow.... u gave me hope to open the game tomorrow now

i hope they can fix jericho, it seems jericho got a bit of a rough deal to be fair. 

Jericho is better mitigation is off, tho auto fire rifles like the ntec r still stopping firing on their own on a constant basis making them useless cause u gota tap fire an ntec to get it to work

Edited by Darkzero3802

24 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Jericho is better mitigation is off, tho auto fire rifles like the ntec r still stopping firing on their own on a constant basis making them useless cause u gota tap fire an ntec to get it to work

how else do you make an ntec work lol

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
27 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

how else do you make an ntec work lol
I mean tap fire as in u gota repeatedly press the mouse key like when u carbine lol

32 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Just to put this into simple words so everyone understands, Mitigation is to alleviate the DDoS but keep the servers up.
If they were to turn mitigation off there would be no servers to play on at all.

TL:DR Mitigation = Yes it warps and lags but at least the servers are still up. Edited by BlakeEclipse

1 minute ago, BlakeEclipse said:
Just to put this into simple words so everyone understands, Mitigation is to alleviate the DDoS but keep the servers up.
If they were to turn mitigation off there would be no servers to play on at all.
The attacks are working like this, they hit one server and bring it down causing mitigation to turn on. Then they go to the other server and do the same thing and when mitigation is turned off on the 1st server they double back and hit it again. Thats been whats happening here between Jericho and Citadel. Mitigation is off on Jericho which means another attack is prob guna happen sometime soon so enjoy it while u can.

3 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
7 minutes ago, BlakeEclipse said:
The attacks are working like this, they hit one server and bring it down causing mitigation to turn on. Then they go to the other server and do the same thing and when mitigation is turned off on the 1st server they double back and hit it again. Thats been whats happening here between Jericho and Citadel. Mitigation is off on Jericho which means another attack is prob guna happen sometime soon so enjoy it while u can.
.... The DDoS continues for hours even after mitigation is on. It's not like they just want mitigation on 24/7. They usually attack after hearing news or some big streamer hosts a APB streamer.
If we had mitigation off the entire time then the servers would be down for hours, as in it keeps crashing over and over and will never be able to play.

Also, the patch for "networking" seems to be working for citadel so.... yea... we shall see tomorrow. Edited by BlakeEclipse

3 minutes ago, BlakeEclipse said:
.... The DDoS continues for hours even after mitigation is on. It's not like they just want mitigation on 24/7. They usually attack after hearing news or some big streamer hosts a APB streamer.
If we had mitigation off the entire time then the servers would be down for hours, as in it keeps crashing over and over and will never be able to play.

Also, the patch for "networking" seems to be working for citadel so.... yea... we shall see tomorrow.
I never said it was off the entire time. Im saying its off now as opposed to yesterday when it was on.

Fight Club is no doubt the laggiest I've seen it currently.
Not sure what, is happening.

Edited by Brinker

If only that would fix other people's connection and I wouldn't play vs teleporters

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

If only that would fix other people's connection and I wouldn't play vs teleporters

I had some serious wacked up teleports for my enemies in financial earlier. One player in particular where i watched and forced him him run into an alcove with only one way out other than a ladder up (behind the old TY Durrant location), me and my teammate threw grenades in to kill him. No kill, I go into there to find out he "teleported" roughly 6-10m out of it (we both watched the one entrance where he ran into, I was 15m away with a clear view of it the whole time, he never went out of it on my screen), he went ontop of a nearby building, and killed my teammate then me roughly 3 seconds after I went in there to see why there was no kill. I was like wtf there's no way you could have gotten out without me and my teammate seeing you!

I've had few that were just teleporting around even when standing still, killing most while my crosshair was white on them. Also had white crosshair on enemies that looked normal. I wonder if hitreg will ever get fixed in this game. I remember last year aiming way behind enemies and having red crosshair while being white at their body lmao.

Here's hoping Jericho gets good results as well... and that the maint doesn't take the full eight hours.