Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

This caught my attention..

Hi all,

I was checking through Facebook and came across a story, and then I was catching up on reddit and came across the same story. In both cases the poster related that they had   come back to Fallen Earth after a lengthy absence, and recently they had participated in a role play rescue mission. The group had to rescue a player from a prison, and after they did it, he gave out rewards.

First, I want to thank the poster for sharing their fun experience. 

And second, I want to personally thank the organizer of the event.

Right now, you guys are making Fallen Earth what it is.

It's great inspiration for the team.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@MattScott, there used to be so many great player made events in the old days!

I noticed the crafter market is still around (not sure, since I'm still waiting to be able to log in). In the old days there used to be pvp events at the crafter market, fashion shows and of course a place for people to sell their stuff. Which would attract all types of players. Usually the rewards were from the hosts themself. It was (or is) fun to see how a lot of players would come to the location were it was held and would participate in the different "events". There is or rather used to be strong rp community who used to do plenty of these "missions" where they would roleplay missions like what you mentioned. 

In s2 there were some events to learn players the basics. Myself I had a s2 pvp char in the dump with my own "lowbie" clan to teach new people how the harvesters work, how pvp works, etc. I would make harvester events for who were interested. Often this attracted also pvp players who wanted to steal the loot, so this usually was fun!

Sadly, at max level the people who harvested were often crafters (easily killed by pvpers) and at some point pvpers noticed deathtoll is more profitable, so the pvp area's got a little empty. They often would jump around on a tent all day waiting for bloodsports to start. I remember years ago in the district there often were harvest events where clan/faction members would go together to harvest and protect them self against pvpers or just to have fun.

Would be so great if LO could make a pvp zone worth it again! That it would be worth it to fight for you faction, the keeps, harvest and just to be around in the pvp zones. Personally, I'd advice to optimize one pvp zone (the district perhaps) because, it isn't that all the other 100 pvp zones are overcrowded. More pvp zones would split the community. 

Anyways, this is a great game with a very nice lore! If LO puts some time in it and let the community help them with idea's this game can be one of a kind. *It already is!*

As in any game the community has it bright side and dark side, but I'm certain the community love(d) this game as many years later it is still unique and surprisingly fun!

Edited by Alyiah

Thank you Matt for your keen eye and awareness...yes some events happen and back in the day was awesome..from entire small towns communities of RP to full fledged battles..my dream for FE is that at some point all bugs are squashed and things fixed and pvp is fixed as well and us Roleplayers can get some more tools like to be able to set up moblie shops or have a house etc...we lack rp tools...wish the farms wasnt on a timer and be permament and to be able to live in them...so many ideas ...but thank you for watching us over 🙂 !!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alyiah said:

I noticed the crafter market is still around (not sure, since I'm still waiting to be able to log in). In the old days there used to be pvp events at the crafter market, fashion shows and of course a place for people to sell their stuff. Which would attract all types of players. Usually the rewards were from the hosts themself. It was (or is) fun to see how a lot of players would come to the location were it was held and would participate in the different "events". There is or rather used to be strong rp community who used to do plenty of these "missions" where they would roleplay missions like what you mentioned.  

Crafter's Market is still a thing. Hoping on reviving my Combat buggy tournament for the next. Going to see if I can dig up some more market history for my next post.

I highly encourage any player run events, some very friendly people i've met in that screenshot.

22 hours ago, Caine_Saunders said:

Thank you Matt for your keen eye and awareness...yes some events happen and back in the day was awesome..from entire small towns communities of RP to full fledged battles..my dream for FE is that at some point all bugs are squashed and things fixed and pvp is fixed as well and us Roleplayers can get some more tools like to be able to set up moblie shops or have a house etc...we lack rp tools...wish the farms wasnt on a timer and be permament and to be able to live in them...so many ideas ...but thank you for watching us over 🙂 !!

+1, vendor stalls/houses have been asked to G1 for years for market purposes.

17 years in gaming, online gaming.

This is FIRST time I see CEO of the company that owns a game, posting a "thank you" topic to a community.

I feel.... weird... and happy.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:05 PM, Owondyah said:

This is FIRST time I see CEO of the company that owns a game, posting a "thank you" topic to a community.

Exactly, very wonderful change

On 7/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, Owondyah said:

It gives a man hope after seeing one of the most unique games going from a very addictive game to a: 'jump on a tent and wait for bloodsport all day while being bored' game.

Since @MattScott even take personal interest in little things like this role play mission, I have good hopes this game can be revived! You can make a game as perfect as you want, but in the end it are the little things which make the game!

Sign in to follow this