Letter

Best ARMAS weapons by category?

What's current best sniper (non-mobile), SMG, auto secondary, non-auto shotgun, semi-auto rifle, assault rifle, LMG in ARMAS?

Edited by Letter

Dog Ear (for mobile), HVR (for non-mobile), OCA/PMG, CSG, Oscar, N-SSW/Rabid

These are just my opinions though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:

These are just my opinions though.

Thanks much!

OCA Whisper PR2 I assume? Since it has more range.

45 minutes ago, Letter said:

Thanks much!

Yeah, the Whisper PR2 is great.

1 hour ago, Letter said:

Thanks much!

1 hour ago, Similarities said:

Yeah, the Whisper PR2 is great.

If you want a whisper I would recommend the PDW-58 'Kris' it is the only modable version of the whisper.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

If you want a whisper I would recommend the PDW-58 'Kris' it is the only modable version of the whisper.

Ah, I often forget this weapon even exists since I haven't used it, thanks for reminding me!

here is my evaluation of points

(note that i am the best apb player)

dog ear is good

hvr is not an armas gun

oca and pmg are bad and also not armas guns

csg is okay

oscar is okay

nssw is horrible

rabid is bad

PDW-58 'Kris'

is an oca and therefore also bad

Thanks for the information!

I've always assumed semi-autos are counter-sniper weapons with at least 60m range - so what's the role of Oscar with it's 40m range? A replacement of an assault rifle for people who are really good with tapping LMB or use perfect mouse-wheel fire?

3 hours ago, Letter said:

so what's the role of Oscar with it's 40m range?

fuck-all-anti-everything

16 hours ago, Letter said:

I've always assumed semi-autos are counter-sniper weapons with at least 60m range - so what's the role of Oscar with it's 40m range? A replacement of an assault rifle for people who are really good with tapping LMB or use perfect mouse-wheel fire?

mouse wheeling is not necessary, and is ultimately worse than clicking in all cases (except a few glitches u can do with other guns)

oscar is a very effective close range weapon and mid range support weapon

10 hours ago, INSANITYV2 said:

Instead of dog ear I'd get the oblivion. Drop a cj3 on it and it's dangerous 

While we are at it - why do people recommend cj3 that often? It's just 7% increase and seemingly doesn't make a lot of difference (1sec vs 0.93sec). I fail to see any difference - especially considering current matchmaking where my weapons/mods/etc. don't matter at all when I'm being matched vs max level golds in every other game.

28 minutes ago, Letter said:

While we are at it - why do people recommend cj3 that often? It's just 7% increase and seemingly doesn't make a lot of difference (1sec vs 0.93sec). I fail to see any difference - especially considering current matchmaking where my weapons/mods/etc. don't matter at all when I'm being matched vs max level golds in every other game.

Trust me it matters. I went up against someone else who had an oblivion with ir3 and hs3. We both start shooting at each other, and I end up with the kill just because I shot faster 

On 7/4/2018 at 12:09 PM, Letter said:

Semi-autos are not only intended for long range. The SR 15 is a close range semi-auto and the Oscar is a close-mid range semi-auto. If you are good timing your shots and you don't mind the pain in your finger and you can track accurately while clickering...those can be useful to you. Or just use the scroll trick, even though it makes it just the harder (for me).

8 hours ago, Letter said:

it massively descreases ttk in fact. Think of 7% per shot, and when you need 5 shots to kill (N-Tec) that's 4x7% = 28%, and that figure just goes up as you need more shots to kill and have a higher RoF - say for example with an OCA. But it's also beneficial with an HVR when you can fire just a tad earlier than the guy not using CJ3.

There is a downside to it however in burst-fire weapons where it just fires the subsequent bullets in the burst faster while maintaining the overall cyclic rate of the weapon, so it's not really suited for use in the Oscar, or Obir (it also increases the spread massively, so that's the only thing you will experience it doing in those weapons).

Edited by Sniperturtle

15 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

that's 4x7% = 28%

By this logic a gun will have 105% time reduction for 15 shots ttk i.e. it'll kill instantly or even before you start shooting. Actually 7% means (or at least it should) you'll get 15 shots by the time you usually get 14 so for non-rapid firing guns it just doesn't make any sense (yet people slap it into slow firing rifles).

On 7/6/2018 at 5:48 AM, Letter said:

By this logic a gun will have 105% time reduction for 15 shots ttk i.e. it'll kill instantly or even before you start shooting. Actually 7% means (or at least it should) you'll get 15 shots by the time you usually get 14 so for non-rapid firing guns it just doesn't make any sense (yet people slap it into slow firing rifles).

No, you will fire 15 shots in half the time.

The likelyhood of you missing more shots will be increased as well 😉

Edited by Sniperturtle

On 7/4/2018 at 9:32 AM, professionalgamer said:

oca and pmg are bad

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hmm....Brick?
LMG-Case K.O
Assault rifle-FAR 'Spearhead' or ATAC 424(Just for fun)
Semi-Automatic-STAC 10 - (Scope) R&D III
Shotguns-Joker TAS20 - Stock or Shredder EB(Just for fun :D)
Sniper Rifles-ISS-b 'Dog Ear' or PSR 'Kite' R&D III/N-HVR 762 Dvah(If you dont wanna max sniper role)
SMG-PDW-57 'Stiletto'(From Loyalty Reward's)
Secondary-Joker RFP-9 'Fang'(Secondary OBIR/Famas just OP gun)

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, Letter said:

What's current best sniper (non-mobile), SMG, auto secondary, non-auto shotgun, semi-auto rifle, assault rifle, LMG in ARMAS?

In-terms of ARMAS exclusive items (not including reskins). Most ARMAS items can be attained in-game with a different model, you're better off spending your money on items you can't get in-game, don't throw money at reskins unless you REALLY like the gun.

High-Velocity Rifle - HVR-243 'Scout' ; I personally like the RT1 the most, avoid anything with a silencer. 
Submachine Gun - OCA 'Whisper' variants ; all of these are good, personally I like the PR1 over the PR2
Shotgun - Colby CSG variants ; I like the PR1 the most as I find IR3 helps with damage consistency, the TAS is also a good choice.
Semi-Auto Rifle - Technically the only exclusive is the SBSR which is quite bad - do not buy it! The OBIR 'Vladivostock' has all the mods you want to use on the OBIR so I'd recommend this if you don't want to buy slotted weapons. I'd personally avoid the Obeya 'Below Zero' as HB3 really hurts your damage and your range. The OSCAR is also an honourable mention as you can otherwise only get this late in the game.
Assault Rifle - If you like SMGs more, choose the ACES Rifle. If you prefer the STAR/NTEC choose the FAR. If you want something inbetween choose the ATAC. 
Light Machine Gun - If you like the NTEC, choose the NSSW 3-Slot, it's basically an LMG version of the NTEC. AVOID the swarm, they're terrible.
  Edited by UpholdThePeace
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2018 at 11:48 PM, Letter said:

It does make sense on non-rapid firing guns, you can fire all guns quicker with it, as in, you bolt the HVR faster, and the carbine's cyclic fire rate is increased.