KINGANDI360XXX

Question about the Gold Threat System

Hello, I have a question about gold and silver. I know having gold also has disadvantages, but if you've gotten so good at APB you should at least have earned it even though I have the most points or have the most kills in some missions I wasn't rewarded with gold? When will gold be rewarded? I searched and searched on the internet and since I'm bad at English I couldn't find anything

Screenshot-2023-11-10-232526.png

I have moved this topic to the Social District (General Discussion) section of our forums.

- Azukii

You have to consistently score higher than the rest of the players in each mission. I think the threat system compares your threat to the other players threats as well. If you do good compared to lower threat players, your threat won't go up as much. If you do good against higher threat players, your threat will go up faster.

Each threat level has a wide range of hidden values. Many years ago we used to have threat levels 1 to 10 for each threat. These values are still there but hidden. You can't tell how much of a threat difference there is between each player. You might have been Silver 8 and are now Silver 9 after that mission, but you can't see that change.

The simplest explanation is that at the end of a match, win or lose, the top half of player scores gain threat and the bottom half lose threat.
So make sure you do the points yourself, stick with it, and you'll get there!

• Thanks 1

worth noting that the system also uses confidence values when calculating elo

the longer you perform at the level the system expects you to the less effect performing above or below that level has on your threat, in the short term at least

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KINGANDI360XXX said:

Do the deaths have an impact on the threat system?  I read something about it once, I'm really good but I die often

It's a simple calculation based on match score. Deaths have no positive/negative score, so you could have a million deaths in a match and it wouldn't matter.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Thanks 1

there are tons of cheaters who are max threat so they break the system by making everyone else relatively much lower threat

I noticed when you enter /grouplist in the chat and you see your group, my rating was 189 today it has shrunk to 185 but it has nothing to do with prestige. Does the rating have a reason? If so, when is mam gold? How much rating?

On 11/11/2023 at 9:57 PM, CookiePuss said:

Die einfachste Erklärung ist, dass am Ende eines Spiels, gewinnen oder verlieren, die obere Hälfte der Spielerscores Bedrohung und die untere Hälfte die Bedrohung verlieren.
Stellen Sie also sicher, dass Sie die Punkte selbst machen, bleiben Sie dabei, und Sie werden dorthin gelangen!

Things I learned over the years on the ELO formula:

Score is the single factor determining if you will rank up or down.
Winning or losing doesn't matter.
In a match, players above the median score gain threat, the others lose some.

If the opposite team average threat rating is significantly higher than your own, and you score above the 50% mark, you'll get more threat.
MVP gains the most threat.

If you get called as backup at the last minute & gain the required minimal score (like 100), then you are considered as a match participant for the purpose of threat calculation.

Back in the day, the ELO was calculated upon your last 50 missions.

You needed to fight gold opponents to reach the highest value possible.

You gain little threat for gaining MVP against lower threat players (Ex: 1 Gold vs 2 Bronzes).

When a fight club mission starts, the player with the highest threat is assigned as team leader.

Edited by Talla
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:57 PM, CookiePuss said:

The simplest explanation is that at the end of a match, win or lose, the top half of player scores gain threat and the bottom half lose threat.

The actual simple explanation is: At the end of a match, the system will expect you to perform at a certain level. You meet that level, your threat doesn't change. You excel, your threat rises. You miss the mark, your threat degrades.

But here's the thing: You don't know what the system expects of you. You can kinda sorta guess, based on the threat-colour of your opponents. But in OP's screenshot, everyone could be just around the tipping-point between Silver and Gold. Which, mathematically, could be nearly identical.

Also the amount your threat moves depends on how confident the system is about your currently assigned threat-level. Confidence rises when you consistently meet expectations and lowers when you fail to do so.

You have to be in the top half of the scoreboard for most of the time to climb.

Ending up with 0 kills however doesn't affect threat even if you are at the bottom.

• Like 1