Talla

64-bit update & GPU compatibility

Anyone still crashing / freeze locking while using recent NVIDIA GPUs (RTX 2xxx or higher) ?

From previous posts on the forums, the problem used to occur on all NVIDIA cards using GDDR6.

When I start playing APB, it usually takes 1 or 2 death/respawn screens until a system-wide freeze locks up everything to a crawl.
Killing the APB process doesn't get rid of the freeze.
The only fix is a manual restart.

I'm just trying to gather some data, see how many are still affected by this.
Please share if you managed to find a way to play reliably with your RTX card.

My PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Motherboard: AsRock X670E Taichi

RAM: 2x16 GB DDR5-6000 CL30

GPU: GeForce-RTX-4090-SUPRIM-LIQUID-X-24G

Edited by Talla

guess wat i play with i5,gtx 1060 and 60hrz monitor and dont have such a severe problems..so yea keep upgradin ur pcs to play apb : p

I have been pretty good. I have had the odd instance in which my desktop randomly pops up. But it only happens a couple of times an evening. no more alt tabbing on spawns.

I have moved this topic to the PC Bugs & Tech Issues section of our forums.

- Azukii

• Like 1

if you've still problem try this:

go again in Config aka (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config)

2 paramaters you shall change:

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=150

What is that?

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects = the time it takes on how long to start cleaning some memory. 60 is default, don't make it to big or you will  see something like crash or stutterring/tearing   for 1 long minute... same happen if you try to disable by setting it to 0

In case you feel it's too much, set it down 120 or 100.

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=16

What is that?

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb = How much memory APB can use, match this with your RAM or system memory, you have total ram of 32 GB, so set the valour to 16

4GB System ram = 2,

8GB System ram = 4,

16GB System ram = 8,

32GB System ram = 16,

64GB System ram = 32

NOTE: Everytime you run APB launcher will overwrite the config file and replace it to the default option !!

So remind to launch just APB.exe aka C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\APB (dot) exe

Let me know  if it get better, bye

Edited by PingOVER9000
huge thanks and credits to @KyoukiDotExe

i tried ur fix.
in the basegame, I set my garbagecollection to 8 (i have 16gb ram) and purging to 150. 
launched with the apb.exe
Game is fine until I freeze at respawn screen. 

On 10/6/2023 at 2:40 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

if you've still problem try this:

go again in Config aka (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Engine\Config)

2 paramaters you shall change:

What is that?

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects = the time it takes on how long to start cleaning some memory. 60 is default, don't make it to big or you will  see something like crash or stutterring/tearing   for 1 long minute... same happen if you try to disable by setting it to 0

In case you feel it's too much, set it down 120 or 100.

What is that?

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb = How much memory APB can use, match this with your RAM or system memory, you have total ram of 32 GB, so set the valour to 16

4GB System ram = 2,

8GB System ram = 4,

16GB System ram = 8,

32GB System ram = 16,

64GB System ram = 32

NOTE: Everytime you run APB launcher will overwrite the config file and replace it to the default option !!

So remind to launch just APB.exe aka C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\APB (dot) exe

Let me know  if it get better, bye

On 10/8/2023 at 2:55 AM, ChoiDalDal said:

in the basegame, I set my garbagecollection to 8 (i have 16gb ram) and purging to 150. 

You have different features and specs on your pc than mine or Talla, you shall post them here as @Talla as done

Anyway meanwhile set this value, it shall resolve the matter

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects = 100

Probabily 120 is fine too I was using that valour in my old laptop... you may try play with it setted for 2/3 hrs and see if there are any crash a pair of times... in that case it happen often set it again to 100.

Remember to play the game from APB.exe, the valours got resets to vanilla sets if you use the launcher and check after updates/ some weekly mantenance.

Setting "TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects" higher than 120 seems to have the same performance issues as setting it to 0 (disabled). After a few hours the game continuously stutters and drops below 100fps. I recommend setting it to 120 or a little lower, otherwise set it to 0 and restart the game after 2 hours of playtime, and restart when switching districts.

Technically the garbage collection runs when you die in missions, but it's nearly impossible to die often enough for it to clear all unused memory. If you're bronze or higher threat, you'll live long enough for the memory leaks to build up.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:29 AM, Talla said:

Anyone still crashing / freeze locking while using recent NVIDIA GPUs (RTX 2xxx or higher) ?

From previous posts on the forums, the problem used to occur on all NVIDIA cards using GDDR6.

When I start playing APB, it usually takes 1 or 2 death/respawn screens until a system-wide freeze locks up everything to a crawl.
Killing the APB process doesn't get rid of the freeze.
The only fix is a manual restart.

I'm just trying to gather some data, see how many are still affected by this.
Please share if you managed to find a way to play reliably with your RTX card.

My PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Motherboard: AsRock X670E Taichi

RAM: 2x16 GB DDR5-6000 CL30

GPU: GeForce-RTX-4090-SUPRIM-LIQUID-X-24G

In the end did you fix it somehow? Because I've started playing the game again from time to time recently and this 64-bit version just randomly crashes the game, even worse than when there was the related "Out of memory" problem. Amazing how they managed to make a problem worse.

It was an issue with the RBG software for my RAM.
It affected multiple games, just not enough to crash everything I played.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:21 PM, Talla said:

It was an issue with the RBG software for my RAM.
It affected multiple games, just not enough to crash everything I played.

now that is an interesting issue to have.. almost sounds like a hooking issue.   Your "RGB" control software must look to hook to games for pulse or colour co-ord.   Abit like corsair - Ubisoft co-ord ingame environments.  APB being an old DX 9 game hooking is a sensitive area with 3rd party apps. (macros hacking etc etc)    would explain..       (razor mice (mouse) used to do the same thing moons ago as there software would be packaged with a macro program. every game under the sun using ac would detect it  haha .. RIP 🤣. ) 

So for future people getting random crashes . explain your resolve? 

what make is your ram  & software ? 

Did you just uninstall your RGB software?     

or simply disable an option within your software ?  

Edited by Sgt Drayke