illgot

is weapon range still maxed at 100 meters?

When I left all weapon range was maxed out at 100 meters. I noticed last night that someone with an OSMAW was hitting me from 140 meters or so away. I also noticed someone with an Obeya Rifle killed me from so far away they weren't rendering (not sure how far away they were).

Am I right that the OSMAW is now unlimited range like it was in RTW days and standard weapons are still 100 meters max range?

Players top rendering at around 98m~ but their nametag still shows so you can still hit them, as for the Osmaw its one of the very few weapons that can exceed the max distance of 100m as the rocket will fly for about 143-147m (Not sure of the exact number right now)

osmaw rockets are projectiles, so theoretically they have no range limit i guess - the fuse timer makes them explode at 142m 

bullets are hitscan so i assume they require an enemy hitbox to be rendered on your client in order to generate a hit, that’s still limited to ~101m or so

Edited by vsb

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

Players top rendering at around 98m~ but their nametag still shows so you can still hit them

Both of these are false. Rendering stops earlier than that, and nametag stops rendering at the same distance as body. Sounds like you might have some illicit config edits you forgot to disable.

14 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Both of these are false. Rendering stops earlier than that, and nametag stops rendering at the same distance as body. Sounds like you might have some illicit config edits you forgot to disable.

On max settings the body stops rendering at around 95~ and the nametag was visible (although barely cause unopped) at the 99 to 100m mark. If it was opped and the nametag was red and didn't blend in with the fog it would've been very visible even at 99m. (But yea its totally the illicit configs)

Edited by Frosi

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

oh no bro not the configs, the degenerates

Edited by iRawwwN

You technically can kill someone with a half brick on 200m range or even more because the brick (or 8 ball) don't disappear 🙂

Not to argue with anyone but if I am shooting rocket , the target is ducking behind a wall.

I try to hit the wall behind him or above, n the rocket just disappears thru the building, no explosion.

This would be at the 95-100 meter mark, n I use HS3.

I run ryzen 5700 w 3060rtx so I don't believe thats its a graphics issue on my end.

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Not to argue with anyone but if I am shooting rocket , the target is ducking behind a wall.

I try to hit the wall behind him or above, n the rocket just disappears thru the building, no explosion.

This would be at the 95-100 meter mark, n I use HS3.

I run ryzen 5700 w 3060rtx so I don't believe thats its a graphics issue on my end.

You can't see the explosions over 100 meters away. Some buildings aren't rendered correctly at 100M as well, so the rocket could have gone through a gap that's not visible at range.

22 hours ago, Frosi said:

Players top rendering at around 98m~ but their nametag still shows so you can still hit them

Crosshairs still turn red, too, I believe.

9 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Crosshairs still turn red, too, I believe.

Yup they do