Sign in to follow this  
SurvivalDistrict

Apparently its not just APB

Still nothing to do with APB, it's not like it is the same guy DDoSing Runescape. (Very unlikely at the least)_

APB has always suffered from DDoS.. LO needs to take a page or two from some company's books, like NFOServers for instance, they have great filtering.

Edited by TGYuurei

as long as neopets is still alive, ill be fine.

3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

as long as neopets is still alive, ill be fine.

that game still exists? wow, I palyed that like 13 years ago.

Edited by LilyV3

1 hour ago, SurvivalDistrict said:

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/recent-issues-with-connectivity?oldschool=1#_ga=2.181952239.939859325.1530255012-455935532.1530255012

Its not just APB getting attacked by ddos , Old school runescape is also suffering from it 

Well, what can I say, there are a lot of crappy people out there that just want to ruin the fun of others. It isn't exactly hard to do and it's something that is hard to stop so people will always DDoS for their own twisted personal sense of justice. But yeah, it's not like it is the same people DDoSing both games. Also I heard that Classic Runescape is shutting down soon? Maybe it's because of that?

Edited by CombatMedic02

21 minutes ago, CombatMedic02 said:

Well, what can I say, there are a lot of crappy people out there that just want to ruin the fun of others. It isn't exactly hard to do and it's something that is hard to stop so people will always DDoS for their own twisted personal sense of justice. But yeah, it's not like it is the same people DDoSing both games. Also I heard that Classic Runescape is shutting down soon? Maybe it's because of that?

They will do it till the government makes "Attacking a specific Individual or Product's Connection" a criminal offense. 

Heck a few places started making "Creation of cheats" a Criminal offense.

27 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

They will do it till the government makes "Attacking a specific Individual or Product's Connection" a criminal offense. 

Heck a few places started making "Creation of cheats" a Criminal offense.

It is a criminal offense in most countries. In America it falls under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, pretty sure we have a Computer Misuse Act here in the UK if I remember rightly and there are similar Laws all over the EU. If nothing else, I imagine it probably falls under harassment laws too. The problem is that it is often very hard to track down the attackers and DDoS attacks don't seem to be taken very seriously by the authorities. (Not that it is really their fault as they probably don't have the resources in order to investigate these attacks.) Also the punishment for committing DDoS attacks is often just a fine or minimum jail time unless the incident is as serious as being a government target. It just seems like something that is destined to continue happening as there just isn’t ways to catch those who do it. Most companies just plan to mitigate attacks but like I said this can be expensive.

Osrs is always getting ddosed. Like literally always...

It is also illegal under financial damage, as a company (for example a game developer) loses money from DDoSing. But yes, most countries (if not all) have some sort of computer abuse act nowadays as well, specifically aimed at DDoSing, Virus spreading and so on.

As long as they don't DDoS Hentaihaven I'm fine.

i feel bad for the people who think its ddos on apb servers

1 minute ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

i feel bad for the people who think its ddos on apb servers

oh no, dont feel bad for complete strangers 😲

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

that game still exists? wow, I palyed that liek 13 years ago.

same but all my neopets are dead.

Sign in to follow this