Tobii

[BUG] Diagonal movement bloom issue

This problem has been around for quite a bit and I believe this is just one of the issues related to the bloom randomly going crazy.

If you move diagonally in any direction, the bloom will random max out like you're mid-air.

And afaik if you're firing while this happens the bloom will stay maxed. (Will have to test this.)

video for reference:

• Like 1

deleted

video was looks badly from phone so didn't spot those jumps down at xfire

Edited by Dahel

3 minutes ago, Dahel said:

Ive seen before configs can adjusted, try replace all configs

has nothing to do with configs. 😑

And down voting an actual problem... just why? Because I down vote you for adding nothing to the bug report? g f'ing g.

Edited by Tobii

Right, how to replicate this BUG???

I've tried to do same place with COP but diagonal-movement did nothing as shown your video (no matter what I do)

Sometimes I've seen your cursor interact with garage gates or window where criminals take goods may this cross it is an issue.

***Tried with criminal not able to replicate it (same place same positions) can you provide gun name, mod on weapon, aswell all char mods.

I'm confused again, you talking about "bloom issue" but bloom have no connection to that what You can see at video.

You are talking about diagonal-movements where your xfire drops randomly.

this will helps to trace what is going with current bug
this is bloom effect and only as effects/graphics -> nothing to game mechanics - cursors (bloom is effect what do blind ya while look outside from inside or sometimes bloom effect while look at sun)

Elephants_Dream_-_Emo_and_Proog.jpg 

Edited by Dahel

2 hours ago, Dahel said:

Right, how to replicate this BUG???

I've tried to do same place with COP but diagonal-movement did nothing as shown your video (no matter what I do)

Sometimes I've seen your cursor interact with garage gates or window where criminals take goods may this cross it is an issue.

***Tried with criminal not able to replicate it (same place same positions) can you provide gun name, mod on weapon, aswell all char mods.

I'm confused again, you talking about "bloom issue" but bloom have no connection to that what You can see at video.

You are talking about diagonal-movements where your xfire drops randomly.

this will helps to trace what is going with current bug
this is bloom effect and only as effects/graphics -> nothing to game mechanics - cursors (bloom is effect what do blind ya while look outside from inside or sometimes bloom effect while look at sun)

Elephants_Dream_-_Emo_and_Proog.jpg 

He is talking about reticle bloom which you obviously see in the video...

Edited by skaterdanny1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahel said:

snip

As @Kevin stated, this can be easily confused with graphical effect Bloom without knowing the context in which the term is being used.

In the context of shooter games, the term is known as Reticle Bloom and is very similar to the term Weapon Spread. Reticle Bloom and Weapon Spread both relate to the loss of accuracy when firing, but the difference is where the inaccuracy is lost.

Weapon Spread, like this answer states, is where the bullet looses accuracy in relation to the distance of its target. A good example for this would be a Shotgun.

Reticle Bloom is where the loss of accuracy is centered on the gun and is in relation to how fast the gun is being fired, and the target Reticle becomes larger if not ceased.

Halopedia's definition for this is

reticle bloom, this is where sustained fire will decrease the accuracy of the weapon being fired and also increases the size of the reticle

Using a gif borrowed from giphy of the game Halo Reach, you can see the reticle become larger after continual, rapid shots making it more difficult to aim

4e0Em.gif

10 hours ago, Tobii said:

This problem has been around for quite a bit and I believe this is just one of the issues related to the bloom randomly going crazy.

If you move diagonally in any direction, the bloom will random max out like you're mid-air.

And afaik if you're firing while this happens the bloom will stay maxed. (Will have to test this.)

There's tons of bugs like this. Did you check to see if that bloom bug is not just visual? HVR swapping has "false bloom" that you can shoot normally with. Try that bug out again and shoot some pedestrians. I have a feeling that's just one of the many client-side bloom bugs and the server will interpret your shot fine. Keep in mind it's important to shoot a pedestrian, because client-side bullets will still follow the inaccurate bloom while hitting target, like this:

https://imgur.com/6URyEqW

You can see hitmarker AND the client-side hit on the wall.

Edited by SLICKIEM

1 minute ago, SLICKIEM said:

There's tons of bugs like this. Did you check to see if that bloom bug is not just visual? HVR swapping has "false bloom" that you can shoot normally with. Try that bug out again and shoot some pedestrians. I have a feeling that's just one of the many client-side bloom bugs and the server will interpret your shot fine.

I am aware, but seeing as this happens a lot I doubt it's just visual.

But as I stated in the OP I will have to test.

People, including myself, have issues with the gun suddenly max blooming out of nowhere.. Making it impossible to kill people.

Figured this was one of the reason, so might as well report it.

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

...maxing bloom out of nowhere...

Seen this happening a lot with N-TEC, makes tap firing feel very...unusual to say the least.

1 minute ago, Similarities said:

Seen this happening a lot with N-TEC, makes tap firing feel very...unusual to say the least.

Worst part is when you drop off a 1mm invisible ledge and the gun just goes full bloom.. :^)

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

Worst part is when you drop off a 1mm invisible ledge and the gun just goes full bloom.. :^)

How could you forget the good old "server lagged so I ghost fired a whole mag and then when I teleported back my bloom was maxed out"? That's my favorite one! 😞

2 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Something which can help those bugs is doing a server-side command, like swapping shoulders, to have the server refresh you. I do that all the time to update my "real" position because of my massive ping. And you can tell when either you or server is lagging by doin that as well

Edited by SLICKIEM

Same bug but while only moving forwards / backwards 

• Thanks 1

I managed to replicate at various intervals, tried with 62fps/101fps (1920x1080 / 1024x768).

Seems worse when you have higher fps (I'll upload proof later 🙂)

• Like 1