IGeertI

Thanks Little Orbit

13 hours ago, Helix Reloaded said:

are these features/content going to be added in the 1.30 version? or are we still going to have to wait for another engine update?

AFAIK now that it's 64-bit, all the stuff made for the engine upgrade will now work in 1.30 based on something Matt said recently.  

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

If players want to offer help, then you're welcome to reach out and I'll do my best to respond.

@MattScott
I'd like to contribute.

Apart from testers (SPCT), what kind of volunteer work can be done for APB?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 3:54 PM, MattScott said:

Getting to this a tad late, but its a holiday here in the US, so I have some free time.

I've been pretty upfront about the APB 2.x effort. No amount of Player Help would have saved it. The issues were purely technical, and the game was never going to run well. So we scrapped it to start over with 1.30. Now that 1.30 is Live, everything is back on the table. I will be posting a Roadmap soon for both new features and content. 

I get flooded with PMs on the forums and Discord - mostly players wanting help with their bans. My customer service team does an absolutely heroic job dealing with those, and I stay out of their way. I don't over turn bans. But if players want to offer help, then you're welcome to reach out and I'll do my best to respond.

I'm glad that you've taken the time to read the forums. It shows that you've been following the players and what we think/feel about the update.

As for 2.x, I still think it could have worked. The way you guys were going about it was time/resource consuming. I guess I'll take you up on the offer and message you after a month or 2 when people stop blowing up your inbox. I'll help anyway I can and we'll go from there.

Just re-downloaded APB after a few years of not playing. 2009 CBT tester here. Impressed with the performance. I got one crash over maybe three hours of playing during the mission, but i'd rather that then stuttering and long load times. It was seriously flawless - the hit reg was great (west coaster playing on east coast servers) and I didn't encounter any cheaters (unless I just didn't notice cheaters are so bad at the game anyways).

Clan, organized 2x2 to 4x4 clan matches, leaderboards and ranked play. All it would take to get me back in. Then a nice slow trickle of content. I really hope y'all can start adding content at a quicker clip now.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:39 PM, YEEEZZ said:

is it worth to come back ?

I would say "yes" It's getting better but it's going to take time. Give it a try and see if it's doing better for you. My game hasn't crashed AT ALL from x64 update. There are hitches and server lag still but no where near the amount it was before.
It goes without saying there are problems also, BUT most of them are fixable by just updating DX9 drivers from Microsoft website. This is many for GPUs that came out the past 6 years to now.

Edited by TheCorruptedVoid
spelling

On 2/20/2023 at 11:54 PM, MattScott said:

Getting to this a tad late, but its a holiday here in the US, so I have some free time.

I've been pretty upfront about the APB 2.x effort. No amount of Player Help would have saved it. The issues were purely technical, and the game was never going to run well. So we scrapped it to start over with 1.30. Now that 1.30 is Live, everything is back on the table. I will be posting a Roadmap soon for both new features and content. 

I get flooded with PMs on the forums and Discord - mostly players wanting help with their bans. My customer service team does an absolutely heroic job dealing with those, and I stay out of their way. I don't over turn bans. But if players want to offer help, then you're welcome to reach out and I'll do my best to respond.

Before you do anything further, first return the threats to the districts, otherwise this whole bunch of new players will stop playing. After all, it is simply unrealistic for beginners to play now.

I too still waiting to start the play again but BattleEye has block my account and I still waiting to respond my ticket 1 year ago.

On 2/17/2023 at 1:39 PM, YEEEZZ said:

is it worth to come back ?

depends on what you're looking for. Game doesn't crash anymore and for some that's enough for a return. But there is no new content afaik yet