Sign in to follow this  
Donjae

to avoid griefers for other people in missions

3 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Make it so /ignore makes the people you put on your blocklist invisible when they're out of mission. Living city still living and griefermen get thanos snapped by a single command.

So then you get rammed, blocked, and pushed by invisible cars/people that you have ignored.

Nice.

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So then you get rammed, blocked, and pushed by invisible cars/people that you have ignored.

Nice.

Wrong. Completely wrong. I said they will become invisible and this will preserve the living city. Means they will be invisible and no harm for you under certain circumstances. I don't know where i was unclear.

@KnifuWaifu

I don't worry about that this will happen tbh. You only have a few cool kids that think ignore list is a button to make uncool people disappear. Ignoring people for griefing and making it impossible would be a very good thing in theory because you can pick out single individuals or even groups and erase them completely. Sure you have to get griefed once by them to figure out what their intention is but after that they will be no harm. Much better than castrating APB. Yes there are crashes that happen during a mission, collosions with other people but that has to be expected in APB. 

Edited by JunoSuzuki
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

Wrong. Completely wrong. I said they will become invisible and this will preserve the living city. Means they will be invisible and no harm for you under certain circumstances. I don't know where i was unclear.

I think our UndeadConfection is making a point that invisible does not mean immaterial. Canonically something that is invisible is still a solid object, only light passes through it, but it will still interact with material objects. But I understand that you mean they'll basically turn into ghosts, so they can't be seen, heard, or interacted with in any way once they're on the /ignore blacklist.

Some games have a thing where they just turn immaterial but still transparent, this stops physical griefing but those pesky players still find ways to make their ghostly visage an annoyance, so really just having them disappear altogether is the best option. 

9 hours ago, JunoSuzuki said:

I don't worry about that this will happen tbh. You only have a few cool kids that think ignore list is a button to make uncool people disappear. Ignoring people for griefing and making it impossible would be a very good thing in theory because you can pick out single individuals or even groups and erase them completely. Sure you have to get griefed once by them to figure out what their intention is but after that they will be no harm. Much better than castrating APB. Yes there are crashes that happen during a mission, collosions with other people but that has to be expected in APB. 

This is true. I mean letting us Mute Themes was a step in the right direction and that still before and after got some push back from those cool kids so hopefully it's just a matter of time for making APB a safer place to play. 

I have no idea what that means for Fight Club though - Missions and Open World is easy because Matchmaking can just keep them separated and in Open World there's not really any significant interaction for it to be too much of an issue. Fight Club though? Like will you or they be blocked from joining the District because there are ignored players there? I guess if you're both completely disappeared (I'm assuming that /ignore blacklist will make you invisible/immaterial to each other) then it wouldn't be that big of an issue, but it sure would confuse other players to see two enemies completely ignore each other, also for those using the /ignore blacklist they'll be seeing friendlies and enemies open fire at "nothing". I mean that's not completely game-breaking imo but it sure would take some getting used to, especially on this nights where the FC numbers are barely enough to start a match. 

Ah what about Events and an ignored player becomes the Horseman?

Edited by KnifuWaifu
banana

16 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

but some seem to think that giving us the power to tailor our gaming experience this way will lead to everyone being blocked ala that one episode of Black Mirror and no missions ever happening again. 

i'm one of those people but it doesnt even have to be "everyone blocks everyone", as long as there are above average players getting hackusated and afk'd against on a regular basis right now then there's going to be above average players getting denied matchmaking because of /ignore+ lists

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:32 AM, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

i'm one of those people but it doesnt even have to be "everyone blocks everyone", as long as there are above average players getting hackusated and afk'd against on a regular basis right now then there's going to be above average players getting denied matchmaking because of /ignore+ lists

I disagree. in my experience the amount of hackusators and griefers/trolls/undesirables isn't in the above average range. It's more the noisy/annoying minority and a reasonable player that learns to just chill would only have a handful of bad eggs on their list than over half the district. 

But it doesn't matter because it is customisable, it can be undone and it leans towards teaching players to become more chill - if someone is finding that their matchmaking times have skyrocketed they've either put too many on that list or they are exhibiting behaviour which puts them on other people's lists. The first is easy to fix - just chill and remove names, maybe that player who t-bagged you once isn't such a bad OP, maybe that rank 255 Silver wasn't aimbotting and just got lucky/was better than you, maybe that friendly-fire incident was actually an accident

The second scenario not so much - it means you're toxic and no one likes you, so you gotta 180 that behaviour or just not play anymore.

That all said, again in my experience, I've found very few players are outrightly toxic, there are a noisy few and I can think of maybe 1-2 names I'd put on the /ignore+ list off the bat, but most who are intentionally toxic tend to be those with names like Names removed.    - Azukii people who really didn't make those accounts with the intention of become long-term players, so putting them (or them putting themselves since it's their behaviour) in perma-timeout really doesn't seem like a bad idea.

This is the only game that other people can be an obstacle to you and stop you from the mission when they are not even part of your mission
Where is the logic here?
People outside! From your mission can be an obstacle and even make you lose.
It must change, there is no need to talk about it in long conversations, there are facts here that need change.
The game itself is already in great decline it is a game so complex that three companies failed just because they do not make the essential changes
The company will make money that will have decent results
Engine update is not the next thing
The small and significant things are what will bring about a change for the better for the game and enjoyment for the players

14 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

I disagree. in my experience the amount of hackusators and griefers/trolls/undesirables isn't in the above average range. It's more the noisy/annoying minority and a reasonable player that learns to just chill would only have a handful of bad eggs on their list than over half the district. 

But it doesn't matter because it is customisable, it can be undone and it leans towards teaching players to become more chill - if someone is finding that their matchmaking times have skyrocketed they've either put too many on that list or they are exhibiting behaviour which puts them on other people's lists. The first is easy to fix - just chill and remove names, maybe that player who t-bagged you once isn't such a bad OP, maybe that rank 255 Silver wasn't aimbotting and just got lucky/was better than you, maybe that friendly-fire incident was actually an accident

The second scenario not so much - it means you're toxic and no one likes you, so you gotta 180 that behaviour or just not play anymore.

That all said, again in my experience, I've found very few players are outrightly toxic, there are a noisy few and I can think of maybe 1-2 names I'd put on the /ignore+ list off the bat, but most who are intentionally toxic tend to be those with names like "lkadslkjald" or "nagger6969420" people who really didn't make those accounts with the intention of become long-term players, so putting them (or them putting themselves since it's their behaviour) in perma-timeout really doesn't seem like a bad idea.

i think you misunderstood my post

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, Queen of Love said:

Best idea is: 
griefer near object become killable and with only 10% of health.

/solved.

I like the way you think.

• Like 1

Somehow they're going to have to create separate instances from the normal district because turning people invisible/intangible won't stop them from pushing around cars being driven by NPCs. If they do go with instanced missions, I hope they add things for people to do in the normal district outside of missions. There should be much more stuff to do than just ramraiding/witnessing.

1 hour ago, notHunky said:

Somehow they're going to have to create separate instances from the normal district because turning people invisible/intangible won't stop them from pushing around cars being driven by NPCs. If they do go with instanced missions, I hope they add things for people to do in the normal district outside of missions. There should be much more stuff to do than just ramraiding/witnessing.

in apb there is a marvellous bounty hunter system, when a player is too strong earns a prestige 5 or a notoriety 5 level and is interactive in fight with entire district!
only us have this and.... oh wait... 😞 nvm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

in apb there is a marvellous bounty hunter system, when a player is too strong earns a prestige 5 or a notoriety 5 level and is interactive in fight with entire district!
only us have this and.... oh wait... 😞 nvm.

God forbid anyone have their huge killstreaks interrupted once every few missions as a form of balance whenever they're curbstomping their enemies! Like whenever it happened to me I never got bothered by it because it usually meant I'm doing really good and sometimes go on a rampage when half the district starts chasing me. Also it was a fun distraction to try to get to a bounty before anyone else while waiting for a mission. Either way I digress.

When I first started the game many years back, I wanted my character to roleplay a bounty hunter but sadly that's not really possible anymore. Maybe instead it would be a nice addition to bring back bounties in the form of a randomized world event where NPCs occasionally spawn as targets on the map for both factions district wide?

23 minutes ago, notHunky said:

God forbid anyone have their huge killstreaks interrupted once every few missions as a form of balance whenever they're curbstomping their enemies!

god forbid we keep a system that doles out massive disadvantages regardless of current mission performance - doesn't matter that your sick kill streak was last mission everyone gets a wallhack on you now, even though you're going hard negative 

balance lol

45 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

god forbid we keep a system that doles out massive disadvantages regardless of current mission performance - doesn't matter that your sick kill streak was last mission everyone gets a wallhack on you now, even though you're going hard negative 

balance lol

I mean it's still there, it's just random people in the district can no longer hunt you down and you can't go on rampages anymore. Also if it's really that much of an issue, all you have to do is pay a bribe to a contact to get your notoriety level down between missions before you get a bounty on your head.

Edited by notHunky

7 hours ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

i think you misunderstood my post

and yet i wrote so much in response.

are we politics now?

15 minutes ago, notHunky said:

I mean it's still there, it's just random people in the district can no longer hunt you down and you can't go on rampages anymore. Also if it's really that much of an issue, all you have to do is pay a bribe to a contact to get your notoriety level down between missions before you get a bounty on your head.

yes little orbit removed the massive disadvantages from the system, no paying off is/was only an option for 50% of the playerbase

4 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

and yet i wrote so much in response.

are we politics now?

were gonna build a wall around san paro

36 minutes ago, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA said:

were gonna build a wall around san paro

and make the griefers pay for it!

will this wall also be invisible and immaterial? 

ooh even better - keep the original /ignore command, and then add a new /wall command.